Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie I am due Friday and at this stage I just feel like I am going to be pregnant forever, have had early labour signs for the last few days and then......NOTHING! Very frustrating, but he will come when he is ready!

Yep I used ovulation sticks, I just ordered generic ones off eBay think I got about 100 for $20 AUD and they worked a treat, way cheaper than buying from a pharmacy. Meant I could pee to my hearts content and not feel like I was wasting them haha
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    @teegan84 oh my gosh, you're due in 2 days, thats crazy!!! You're going to be a mom! I am so excited for you. Good luck with everything to come! Labour, delivery, healing, and baby :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    I havent done the ovulation tests bc Im afraid they will make me even more crazy. Since we havent had an official start cycle yet, Im trying to keep the crazies at bay. Ive had babie rabies for soooo long. Im looking at rocking chairs, nursery themes, onesies. Gotta keep it together until I see those 2 lines-and then I can just blame the hormones (hahah)! anyway, no opks for me just yet, it will give me something else to obsess about.

Im a lying liar. I went home and poured over amazon reviews of opks and they are sitting in my cart. ughhhh cant decide if I should get them or not. Im not thrilled about the due dates for our first and second cycles trying (Dec 9 and Jan 2.) Our anniversary is December, plus Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, hubbys bday in January and my niece and nephew's birthdays are right before and after Valentines day. BUT I dont want to wait 3 or 4 cycles to really start trying, which would give us a March due date. See??? Crazy!! So I think if I use opks right away, I'll more likely get a Dec 9/Jan 2 due date. So much to think about!!

@teegan84 I am soooo excited for you! Your little one will be here before you know it. Safe and quick delivery and recovery for you and babe!

• jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    omg @kirstie155 I feel like I helped you jump off the obsessive cliff here....sorry haha!

I feel like @VeryKatie said, once you start trying and it happens you'll be happy no matter what the due date ends up being. However, it is nice to think we can plan these things :)

After I wrote the thing about summer birthdays, I realized if we do get pregnant in the first few months of trying that is exactly what we will get haha!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Congrats @katycapp!!

That's so exciting @teegan84 that you're in the home stretch and about to have your baby!!

@VeryKatie I'm glad the ultrasound went really well. I hope those are movements you are feeling :)

I love seeing the bump pictures! My husband suggested early on that we take regular pictures and turn them into a video. I told him I suck at selfies and he would have to take the photos. Now I'm 18 weeks and he keeps blowing it off. I finally took one pic myself this weekend but the lighting in front of all the mirrors in my house royally sucks and you can't see anything.

Pregnancy is royally kicking my *kitten*. I generally feel awful. I got really jealous of a close friend who is one week ahead of me and told me she has tons of energy and feels better than she has in years.

I now get lightheaded and nauseous if I stand still for more than a couple minutes. The doctor said this is probably the oompa loompa messing with my blood flow and causing blood to pool in my legs and uterus.

I do love my Snoogle (pregnancy pillow). I generally hate sleeping on my side, but the pillow helps a lot and is really comfy. I have now learned how to side sleep so that my bottom hip and jaw don't hurt which is a huge plus.

At my OB appointment on Friday, my blood pressure was high. This was high for me in general which caught attention, but also the OB said pregnancy especially in the second trimester typically causes BP to go down 10-15 points while mine has gone up 15 points. Right now she just told me to pay attention to how I feel and watch for some specific symptoms that indicative of pre-eclampsia. In the meantime she had blood work done to use a baseline for future appointments. I of course looked up the results of the blood work yesterday on my patient portal and noticed several indicators were outside or nearly outside the reference range. I haven't heard anything from my OB about it but I think I will email and ask if I should be concerned.

The OB said it's possible to have high blood pressure without pre-eclampsia, but either way, if my BP remains high and particularly if it continues to rise and crosses the 140 threshold into where they get concerned, we will probably talk about me delivering up to 3 weeks before my due date.

On the plus side, hubby's manager was understanding of the situation and let him out of the Thailand conference in late June.

On the exciting side, we now have a crib and mattress, and just bought a rocking recliner for the nursery.

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @puffbrat Well I hope you get some decent pictures soon! I think it's awesome to document the changes as the pregnancy progresses. =)

It sucks that this pregnancy is taking such a toll on you, I was really hoping by the time you got into your 2nd trimester things would get better. I sincerely hope the little oompa loompa stops messing with your blood flow that bad. I mean the whole thing just sounds awful and really uncomfortable! HUGS!

I know you just mentioned this yesterday but did you decide to email your OB about it?

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out with your husbands trip and that he doesn't have to go now! That must be a huge relief!

I'd really like to see the furniture if you're okay with sharing pictures of it. haha (and have the time to do so.)

When is your next appointment? I'm really glad we got to hear from you and hope we get to hear from you again soon! =)
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @puffbrat so good to hear from you! Totally sucks that you are so wiped everyday. Hang in there girl, and take it easy. You are growing a person, and that is hard work! I knew hubby wouldnt have to go on that work trip, Im glad it worked out :)

I second showing us pictures of your furniture--pics please!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I decided to wait a couple more days to email my OB in case she just hadn't reviewed the results yet. I'm glad I did because she emailed me last night and said that it actually all looks great to her. She also reminded me that this lab work is a base line to compare against in case my blood pressure remains high or rises, so she is more concerned with change over time.

We had to order the chair, so it won't be in for 6-8 weeks.

Here is the crib

6ebn9iheao9g.jpg
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat Your crib is lovely! It actually gives me goosebumps thinking about buying things like that!
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update. I haven't been doing well with tracking because of the roller coaster this past week has been. My pregnancy ended up being a chemical pregnancy. Although we understand that these things happen for a reason and that the embryo most likely had some chromosomal issues, we are still pretty upset.
    Waiting to hear back from the doctor on when we can start trying again. Hopefully the next one will stick.
    Thank you all for your support!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks @samlovesthesnow. It was surprisingly easy for us to choose but really fun.

@katycapp I'm so sorry for your loss!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @katycapp So sorry for your loss. Sending lots of hugs and happy thoughts your way.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @katycapp That really sucks, I'm sorry you have to go through this! We're here for you! HUGS

@puffbrat I really love the crib! (I think I had just hit awesome when you first posted it and forgot to actually post. haha)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    @katycapp I'm so sorry to hear about your baby :( even if the doctors call it by another name, it's still so sad to lose your pregnancy :( We're here to support you! So lean on us if you need to.
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    @katycapp So so sorry to hear about your loss. We are here for you if you need to vent, and I hope that you have some lovely friends and family looking after you just now.
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All of your sweet messages are overwhelming (in a good way). I really appreciate knowing that I have you all to come to. Even if we haven't ever met and I only joined the group recently.
    I do have great family support as well. My SO even took me to Atlanta this weekend to spend family time together and get our minds off of it all. It was nice to escape reality for a bit.

• Kirstie155
    Options
    @katycapp I am so sorry for your loss <3 I can't imagine how that feels. We are here for you. :'(

Your trip to Atlanta sounds perfect!
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    And he is here!! Harrison Phillip Gunn, Arrived 25th Feb at 7.51pm, 8Pound 10ounces, birth didn't quite go to plan but we are home and doing well. Getting ready to start tracking again to make sure I am getting enough calories for breast feeding, my appetite has disappeared as I am so focussed on feeding, sleeping, changing etc it's easy to forget when I last ate! So planning ahead will hopefully make sure I am eating enough! u29wttq4ck44.jpg
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations @teegan84!! What a beautiful photo of your new extended family, such a special time hope enjoy the next few weeks and don't forget to look after yourself. ps. sorry I'm only new here but wanted to say congrats none the less!
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    @teegan84 Congratulations on your beautiful boy! I love his name! Well done for getting him here and good luck with everyhing to come!