Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie That'll be here before you know it!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie your bump is adorable and you look great!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I already am feeling like I look big so it flabergasts me that the baby is still has to more than double in size :o
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You're such a cutie little preggo lady :) Id love a cutie little bump like that. You are just sailing throlugh your pregnancy. Any nursery pics for us?

Im so tall and overweight to boot, I feel like Im gonna be a house when Im pregnant. Im 5'10. People comment about how tall I am. ehhhh need to get over my size issues before I get pregnant or Im really gonna be self conscious!
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Kirstie155 here's the current state of the nursery LOL. The crib is in the closet, the mattress is at my mom's.. there's a painting somewhere in my house we will hang... the rocking chair is at my brother's and I will get getting a dresser from either my brother or mom hahaha. OH and the two things that ARE in the room... need to leave the room!

t9hl4dj79mbr.jpg

Guys. I have no motivation hahaha.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous bump pics @VeryKatie, you look stunning!! Don't worry about the nursery, I'm sure as you get further along the nesting will kick in! So exciting, hope you're enjoying it all
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Here we go. Finally set up the crib and my parents brought some baby stuff over that my sister left me. We still have lots to do, of course but it's a start.

wj8vg9fc1kpe.jpg
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Woohoo Katie! Thanks for sharing your nursery picture. I love the crib, very nice!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So. I secretly hope my baby is born exactly 1 week early, on June 10 instead of June 17. For such terrible reasons!!!

I'm feeling so lazy.. and I just don't feel like completing my work at work. I secretly want to leave it for someone else to deal with HAHAH. So if the baby came 1 week early, I wouldn't be able to review my work with my boss (because he's on vacation) and I wouldn't have to see my boss (I am having troubles with him this week again) and it would be delightful.

Come on, baby! Do mommy a favour would you? Hahaha.

Sometimes I wonder where my good work ethic went. It kind of vanished a few months after I started at this company (ok vanish is a strong word, but I definitely don't care as much as I did at my last company).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie How long have you been at your current company?
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie How long have you been at your current company?

@WifiresGettingFit About 3 years.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Girl, I dont blame you one bit! Im not even pregnant and I cant wait to never come back to work. Yep, NEVER! And I really don't mind my job, boss is okay, I just dont want to work.

Its just...Hubby agreed long long ago before we were married that I could be a SAHM if I wanted. Ive worked, made money, am a manager, contributed to Social Security and my 401K. I'd leave next week and never look back if I had a little one to take care of. I day dream about it, long for it allll the time... I'd even love to be a SAHW, but that has been vetoed by the husband.

I enjoy keeping house! Having made beds and drawn curtains and a tended garden and everything in it's place makes me so happy.

I find it very draining and stressful, even anxiety inducing when my house is a mess, laundry not done, clutter everywhere, dinner not made. I don't have the time with my full time job and commute to do all that I want to do- so it usually has me stressed out. Plsu I cant even imaging the chaos if I had the same work and commute responsibilities and added a child. I just can't even! How do you have time to teach them, help with home work, make dinner, read bedtime stories, play games, go on adventures? I'm too tired to do many fun things now, and its just us and the dog! I'd love to volunteer, read to kids at the library, join a garden/reading/sewing club. Host dinner parties, bunco nights, play dates! I should have lived in the 1950s. I would be right at home.

This response went a little sideways, Katie, but I wanted to say dont feel bad for not wanting to come back! You could also take leave before you go into labor. I'd plan to stay home around 37-38 weeks I think. Who wants to be working when you are that pregnant? Sounds awful! :(
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie 3 years is a good chunk of time maybe you're just over the job. haha

@Kirstie155 He didn't veto you being a SAHM, just being a SAHW?

• VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Hahah except it happened within the first 8 months I got there, and I've changed jobs in the company a couple times since.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Correct. I can stay at home with the kiddos (I made this perfectly clear when we were dating I wanted to be a SAHM and that he needed to be on board with it) but cant stay home with the doggie.

10DPO now, and 2 negative tests. I know its early and I could still see a positive this month but man this is hardddd. I hate waiting, and I feel like I'll never get pregnant. Pout.

Happy Friday!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    haha @VeryKatie I actually meant over the company. You always seem to be having issues in one form or another with them and that gets old fast.

@Kirstie155 Ahh just wanted to make sure I was reading that right. Thanks for clarifying! Happy Friday! & baby dust sent your way!
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Hahah that's true. I always hoped it would be my dream company but it turns out it's not. They're preparing to do 900 layoffs and I find myself thinking I don't even care if I end up on that list (though that might be partially since I'm going on leave in 8 weeks anyway).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Ugh layoffs suck, even if you aren't on the list. It's a hard thing to witness/go through.

I can't believe you only have 8 weeks until you're on leave! You're going to have your baby before you know it! Time goes so fast. haha
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Sooo. New fun fact. You sunburn easier while pregnant. I was outside for like 30 minutes and I burnt!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Sunburns suck! Hopefully it goes away faster than it normally would!