Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I hope it turns out okay, positive thoughts sent your way!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I hope everything goes smoothly and that all is well with baby! You are almost done and will meet your little one soon either way! Sending happy & easy delivery thoughts your way!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie hope all is okay with you and the little one. Let us know how you get on.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Turns out it was just because the baby dropped *phew*.
    The sonographer said the baby is completely average haha. She said it is currently 8 lb 2 oz +/- 1.5 lb (Though I have heard that can be off so we will see when it's born). She based it off the abdomen measurement which was measuring around 40 w 3 days. The rest of the measurements looked smaller, more like 37 weeks (so perhaps I have a chubby baby with a smallish head? I'd be okay with that lol).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Glad everything turned out okay! What a relief!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie that's good news! Also that is quite a weight range, haha. Hopefully it's closer to 8 lb 2 oz MINUS 1.5 lb and not the other way. So exciting that everything is ok!
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @pezhed that's what I was thinking too! Especially since that's the approx weight TODAY not birth weight and the baby is still growing lol. A little 6lb 10oz'er who is getting fatter sounds a lot better than a 9lb 10oz'er who is getting fatter lol.

Omg I'm going to have a 10 lb baby ugh hahah.
    And here I wanted to keep my vagina.
  • pezhed
    Options
    HAHAHA that made me actually LOL at my desk.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Katie, that's great news, yay! And lol, I hope s/he is on the smaller side for your well being also, haha!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Haha, Katie. That would be like giving birth to a turkey breast. I hope everything goes well, and it's not a ten pounder!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great news Katie!!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think Katie may have had her baby...no log in for 2 days! :D:D:D
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 good detective work!! Hope to see an update from her before too long!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh good pickup @Kirstie155!! I wonder...!?
  • pezhed
    Options
    @veryKatie we know you must be very busy with whatever comes after pregnancy but please come back and tell us a story!! I've been thinking of you and your little peanut!
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I have been meaning to write a post about everything so I shall do it now while my little guy is eating. I don't know why but my new Android phone doesnt give me a post a photo option. I will come back and post some.

So here is my little story:

My last day of work was Friday June 16. Every Friday I meet up with Chris (husband) for lunch. So we met up for lunch that Friday too. We ate at a small place and then went for a walk/sit near some fountains in a small downtown part. While sitting at the fountain I was like "my back is really stiff, can you run it?" And Chris did.

As inwas doing my final pack up at work around 4:00, I started thinking it was weird my stiff back kept kind of tightening on and off... so by 4:30 i decided to start timing the twinges. Interesting interesting, they came and went in 5 minute intervals.

At 430 I left work to meet some friends and Chris for a last day dinner. As we headed there, I told Chris that my back seemed to be having small contractions so I was going to keep an eye on them. We planned to leave on the last bus at 6:20.

Dinner went well and only one friend (the only mom) noticed anything lol. Shevwas tactful enough not to say anything but you should have seen her smile lol. When we got home Chris installed the carseat lol!

Through the night, the contractions got stronger. But very confusing! Ended up phoning my midwife to ask her because my contractions were 3-4 mins apart but only about 30 seconds long and all in my back. Youre supposed to go to the hospital when they are 5 mins apart, last for 45-60 seconds and continues that pattern for an hour. She said it was early labour and to try a bath. Which did nothing by the way lol.

I laboured all night and for no sleep. At 6:00 am on the 17th I hopped in the shower hoping to soothe my muscles a bit. Annnnnnddd it made my contractions stop lol.

So we went for breakfast for Father's Day with my parents and brother's family at 10:00 lol. Good thing we celebrated a day eatly. I had all of 3 contractions from about 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.

After that they got stronger and stronger until we finally called the midwife at 9:00 pm because my contractions (still all in my back) had me in tears. She arrived at 9:30 and calmed me down and that actually helped them feel better. She did a check and I was 4 cm dialated. At that point we could have gone to the hospital but we decided it would be more comfortable to labour longer at home. Chris and my midwife spent every contraction pressing on my lower back and hips which helped so much with the pain.

We headed to the hospital at 1:30 am and arrived at about 2:00 am. Labouring in a car isn't fun by the way. I was 6 or 7 cm dialated.

I basically was just contracting and sucking gas for the next few hours. After I asked the midwife for phentonel (so?) about 4 times and Chris like 7, I finally yelled at the midwife saying it wasn't her decision if I got drugs or not and that she was to go get them for me end of discussion lol. My midwife was awesome but they really push natural pain management. I also have vague recollections of Chris laughing at the noises I was making lol.

So around 5:30 am on the 18th I'm 9.5 cm dialated. My midwife offered to break my water saying it would clear out the rest of the cervix. So of course I was like YES since I was already begging to push but wasn't allowed to yet. And as soon as it was broken I was allowed to push. Which for the record feels AMAZING after all that crappy labouring. The only sensation I didn't like was the stinging/burning right at the skin when his head was sitting there but I still needed a few contractions to get him out.

Chris got to see the baby's head come out. I was laying on my side so he got to see not just the head but the eyes and ears coming out which seems so weird to me (he also go a nice view of me pooping it would seem too).

And at 6:31 am on June 18 (Father's Day) out baby few out of me like a... well like a dead fish if I'm being honest.. and then in a split second he was on my abdomen and I was saying how lovely he was and that I could do it again. I didn't know for like a solid 5 mins if the baby was a boy or girl. Chris saw right away as the baby's body shot out lol.

So now we have little baby Keith Michael :)

Who has pooped and needs a change. More later.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Oops took too long to edit... where was I...

So now we have little baby Keith Michael :love:

So the first week has been hectic with too many visitors. We've only had one day to ourselves. Something that I find frustrsting. I'm miffed at Chris's grandparents who were told not to come to the hospital but who came anyway who I then had to kick out of the room AFTER visiting hours had ended despite 1000 talks with Chris during pregnancy that he had to keep people out when instructed and him promising. I love the guy but his one flaw is not knowing how to keep his promises. I'm sure I'll get over it but I'm basically sure I'm going to become a hard-*kitten* with boundary setting with his family. Every time they come they out stay their welcome. Like staying too late and eating into the 2-3 hours it takes to put Keith to bed which means I get no sleep. Chris doesn't mind. He gets to sleep all night except for the one diaper change I ask him to do. And I really wish we had postponed our fence post installation. We got home on Monday and they showed up on Wednesday and we had completely forgotten. None of our neighbours bothered to be home for their appointments with the contractor. So Wednesday night at 11:00 pm two of them start freaking about the locations of some posts and make Chris go outside to talk about it at that time!! And then started texting me about it when they were done!!! Ugh. Stupid neighbours. And then in the morning they pulled out a measuring tape and were like "oh it's off by less than an inch...". I'm going to punch them eventually I know it. Anyway, I digress.

Keith is the absolute sweetest baby in the world. I keep crying when I look at him simply because his cuteness factor is off the charts. I never knew this is what it feels like to be a mom. It's so wonderful.

Today Keith is one week old. We are bringing him to church for the first time and hoping it will go well. The bathroom at our church is pretty aweful. Don't know if they even have a change table. But I am hoping Keith will like the music :)

He is now sleeping on my chest and I can't get enough of it. I'm already sad about when he will be too big to cuddle with me this way. And Chris and I keep talking about his future. It's super fun to wonder. I still find myself wondering how he will look like as a child, teen and adult.

So in a nut shell... labour sucks, pushing is awesome, Keith is adorable to the max. Family can be annoying lol.

I'll try to get some photos up soon. And I probably won't be posting everyday but I'm still here and still going to try to use the spreadsheet. Sorry for all the posts I missed from you guys in the past little while. I have some catching up to do.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie I really like the in a nut shell part at the bottom, hilarious! Thanks for sharing your story! It was a great read, Congratulations again!! =)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    ea44mmeac373.jpg
    wf5evrkv2jg7.jpg
    fhf7zzqdnu72.jpg
    xnutnrgc3at5.jpg
    2a153kzzrk8p.jpg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie He is adorable!! Beautiful pictures! =)