Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie oh my gosh, Keith is just precious! You look gorgeous and so so happy! I am so excited for you and glad that you had a positive birth experience! Thanks so much for sharing with us-it's so nice to have a graduate give us the full experience :):):)
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie - he is so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your story - as Kirstie says, it's great to hear all the details and get an idea of what it might be like. Looking forward to more updates of what it's like to be a Mum!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie thank you for sharing all of the details! I'm happy to hear your realistic description of the pain and the drugs haha. Sorry your family is being a pain but it sounds like you are going to be able to deal with it once you recruit Chris's support. Keith is beautiful and you look amazing and happy! Positively glowing!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @VeryKatie!!! Oh my gosh he is so very precious! So glad you are enjoying him, such a special time. Loved your story, thanks for sharing it's got me excited again! Look after yourself xx
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Adorable baby!!

Question for your pregnant women. I am 5 weeks (yay!) and I was reading one of the blogs re: eating at your TDEE and not at deficit for the first trimester.....but it seems like a lot?! is it? I guess I have been shooting for a deficit, but not really hitting it, so usually eating at 1650 with a goal of 1415 or so...but my TDEE for a sedentary work is 1940? It seems high......from my warped calorie counting brain. Eat to hunger? and stay at or below that within reason? I gained like 45# with my son, way too much....I remember wanting to "feel pregnant or look pregnant or something ridiculous like that...., and I have already 5# ahead of where I started with him and overweight, BMI of 26.4........thoughts? experience?
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I posted the exact same thing 6 weeks ago, at 5 weeks I felt like TDEE was huge but I definitely got there! Nausea kicked in for me at 6 weeks and I found eating was the only thing that settled it, and I've definitely been eating TDEE or above since then. I'd say eat until your satisfied for now, and give it a week or two and your appetite should pick up. It's a big change from weight loss to maintenance especially when it happens so quickly, give it time :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat at least tdee. I ate when I was hungry for the first tri. No more deficits once you're preggo :)

If you think thats a lot, wait till 3rd tri lol
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Congratulations!!! Keith is adorable and you are absolutely glowing and look fabulous. How are you feeling? I hope you are recovering well and enjoying you little babe.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Congratulations! You're both beautiful. You did great! Thanks for sharing the nitty gritty. It's encouraging.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    All of you preggos! How are you doing with your pregnancy? Update us please! :)@jennamae102 @krizaten33 @1fit_mamma
  • krizaten33
    Options
    Ok. Weaning off of caffeine and keeeping up my workouts .i did spinning last night and i feel a bit breathless but can do it. Im tired but not yet wiped out.i didnt exercise mich at a higher intensity with my first so im really wantibg to not let my endurance fizzle out. Only 5.5 weeks so i fear its all coming. I have a low level of nausea when im hungry and if my hear rate is over 140. I know things are gonna change soon. Im bloated. Big boobs. Its friday!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Great job with the spinning krizaten!
  • krizaten33
    Options
    Im on day 3 of quit caffeine.....woo
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @krizaten great job!! That is no small feat!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey ladies! Congrats to all you lovely pregnant ladies! And to @VeryKatie! Keith is adorable and you look fantastic!

At Kirstie's request and for cathartic venting for myself, I'm going to bombard this thread with a few posts about my pregnancy, labor and delivery, and early post-partum weeks. These will probably be long so feel free to ignore.

Pregnancy:
    I didn't particularly enjoy pregnancy. The nausea and exhaustion from the first trimester continued throughout the entire pregnancy. I enjoyed watching my body grow and change but didn't enjoy the discomfort. I had noticeable swelling in my feet and ankles starting around the beginning of the second trimester. In the third trimester my hands would swell too. My blood pressure was elevated the whole times starting at the beginning of the second trimester. It wasn't high enough to be a problem but was consistently close. I became increasingly intolerant of bs which got hard at work at the end. I also felt useless at home. Just 10 minutes of cleaning would leave me exhausted for hours. Leo was amazing and never complained about having to do more chores at home. I got very little exercise because walking not only hurt my belly but would very quickly give me serious diarrhea. I started waddling less than halfway through the third trimester. In the end the swelling in my feet was so bad that sitting upright was painful. I was actually proud of myself for rigging a setup at work that let me elevate my feet at my desk. Many funny and jealous comments were made by coworkers
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Me at almost 38 weeks.

2ct3cflic35y.jpg
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat you with your baby bump!!! Beautiful!!!! It sucks you were so unwell during your pregnancy :disappointed:

Does that mean you had your baby???
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat I think your first post cut off and I agree with Katie, you are beautiful in your picture! =) It does suck that your pregnancy was so rough on you. I'm glad to see you posting again!
  • Kirstie155
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jessica, as I said before I am so glad you are back and I love reading all about your adventures during pregnancy! You have been missed and we will all read your story :) I’m so sorry that your pregnancy was so uncomfortable for you, it’s so unfair that some people have it easy and others have such a rough go of it, and we have no idea why! I love hearing peoples birth stories, what worked for them and didn’t, and all about their babies. Feel free to post/vent/share as much as you’d like!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat Love your pic! Sounds like it was all super tough though. :/