Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @puffbrat and @WifiresGettingFit Yeah my boss did agree to let me travel less but it just seemed like he was really confused as to why - what changed. But I found out yesterday appointments have to be every 4 weeks so that might put a wrench in the travel schedule.

I had a meeting with him this morning and he was the nicest person ever, seems genuinely excited for me. He even opened up about what is going on in his life (mostly so that if I'm gone for a year I'm not surprised when I come back and things are different). He was very understanding. Instantly said he doesn't want me travelling (which I think he is also not allowed to say but it's what I want so I'm not going to fight it LOL). He was very nice, saying if I'm feeling bad, that's ok, that I can go rest in the quiet room if I need and to let him know if I get stressed and he'll do the work for me haha. Anyway, I do feel much more relaxed. And he seemed to understand that it's still private and that I won't be telling people at work until January. And then he offered me his wife's employee discount at Motherhood Maternity and started talking about my Facebook lol.

My doctor just said there are different anatomies for uterus position, and she wasn't concerned and neither was the midwife. Most things I saw online agree. It seems 20 - 30% of women have this position of uterus and most have no idea. Some people get symptoms but I never have so it sounds like it's doubtful there will be any issues. Everything moves around a ton once baby starts growing big anyway, and after pregnancy things might land in a different spot (so weird). She also said the scoliosis won't affect the pregnancy. I wasn't that surprised to hear I have it. My dad has it (a mild form, probably like mine) and his sister had it too. My Auntie had to wear a brace though.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm so glad the meeting went well! and I think that's pretty awesome that he gave you the discount for Motherhood Maternity!

I'm glad that your doctor and midwife aren't concerned, that's a relief!
    The human body is pretty amazing especially when it comes to pregnancy.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I'm ecstatic to report that this morning's ultrasound went well!!

They were able to see the embryo with the yolk sac in the uterus where it belongs. It was big enough that this time they were able to find it easily and quickly. They also saw and measured the heartbeat. Something the doctor told me that I hadn't heard is that the chance of miscarriage goes down significantly once they are able to see the heartbeat. She said from that point, about 85% of pregnancies make it to term, which was nice to hear.

They dated me at 6 weeks 2 days with a due date of July 24.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm sooooo happy for you!!!! YAY! All is well! You and your husband must feel so great right now :)
    July 24 is a very good date. My FIL has the same birthday. It's also great that the risk of miscarriage goes down after you heart the heartbeat. I didn't know that.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat This just made my day! I'm so happy to read this and I'm so glad it worked out!! =)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks @VeryKatie and @WifiresGettingFit!

I really appreciate all of the support the last couple weeks (and longer)!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Puffbrat, that is amazing news, congratulations again! Hehe it's funny yolk sack makes me think of a chicken, then you add in the egg (and sperm.) Hehe. You're having a little chickie!

6 weeks is so early, no wonder your levels were so low! I can't wait to join the pregnant group <3
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Does anyone know what the official start of the 2nd trimester is? I've heard 12, 13 and 14. But it has to be just one of them...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @VeryKatie

1st trimester is week 1 through 12
    2nd trimester is week 13 through 27
    3rd trimester is week 28 until birth.

https://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/you-are-pregnant/stages-of-pregnancy.html
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Hahah thanks! It's sites like this that confuse me! http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/channel/family-child-health/pregnancy/defining-the-trimesters-of-pregnancy

I think I popped. I look the same but I can't do up my pants anymore. It was so uncomfortable yesterday.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie You're welcome! Yeah that is confusing. I'm still sticking to week 1 through 12 though. It's sooner! =P

Well that's awesome that you're popping now! but it sucks that you were so uncomfortable. Have you got a maternity band for pants yet? I heard they are a lifesaver!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm so sorry I've been gone so long. Pregnancy is kicking my butt with the nausea and severe fatigue. I just don't have the energy for anything.

@WifiresGettingFit and @Kirstie155 I just saw your messages and want to say I'm not ignoring you!

@VeryKatie That's exciting you're popping now! I keep looking and waiting for it to happen. I have also heard anywhere from 12-14 weeks for first trimester. I had always previously thought 12 and am sticking with that. Even though that may no longer be popular opinion, I think my doctor might agree since at my first appointment she said I meet with her every 4 weeks until the end of the second trimester around 24 weeks and then meet more often.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do in the other chat and will read through all of it.

An update on my pregnancy so far:
    I am at 11 weeks. Today I had NT Screening ultrasound and bloodwork. The little blurry blob now looks like an oompa loompa. I got to hear the heartbeat <3 which was going at a steady 171bpm. I probably won't get the results for a couple weeks since they will be mailed, but the tech commented that every measurement was consistent and within normal range. Maybe I will be lucky and my doctor will have the results at my appointment next week.

My nausea is generally improving but I'm still fighting fatigue. I spent the last several days of vacation lying around being a couch potato. I've been wearing maternity jeans for a couple weeks now because the waistband on regular jeans were annoying me and felt restrictive. I'm much comfier in size 12 maternity jeans than I was in size 14 regular jeans. Last week I went shopping for maternity bras because my regular ones are getting too small and uncomfortable, and was really disappointed by the selection in stores. I will try one more store, but may just have to buy them online.

My SIL stayed with my husband and I for a few days at Christmas and we told her, and hubby also told his mom (who probably told hubby's brother) on Christmas. Other than that we are waiting another week or two before generally announcing.

Right before Christmas, my team at work had a major shakeup and I wound up having to tell my manager and new team lead. I was hoping to wait longer, but I was at the top of the list for a major project which could hit peak right when I'm on maternity leave. As it turns out, I wasn't the top of the list but the whole list, so I still get the project, but with a plan in place for support and a transition while I'm out.

I spent the last couple days painting the nursery a lovely sunny yellow, which I'm super excited about! Not quite finished painting but almost.

I have stupidly forgotten how much I weighed when I got pregnant, but I'm 177.2 today which I think puts me at a 5lb gain. A little more than I hoped for at this point, but 1lb was just in the last few days, so not too bad overall.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @puffbrat I am so so so excited to see a post from you and that it's mostly all good news!!! That sucks about the nausea and fatigue though. Hopefully you'll start to feel much better in the 2nd trimester! =)

A sunny yellow sounds perfect for a nursery. Even just reading it made me smile! haha That's exciting that you got to tell some family over the holidays! I'm glad it worked out for the project!

Did I mention I'm so excited to hear from you? haha HUGS!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks @WifiresGettingFit!! I hadn't realized how long I've been gone from here. HUGS!!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Yay, @puffbrat ! So glad to hear your pregnancy is progressing with a healthy oompa loompa <3 I have been thinking of you a lot and was hoping you were just off being pregnant and tired! On the plus side, your second trimester is typically much smoother and you will get your energy back.
    Please be sure to give us lots of updates!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Well I don't know specifics but it felt like forever! haha
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks @Kirstie155. I'll keep the updates coming as I get them. On another good note, all of the first trimester lab work I had done before Christmas came back normal. Nothing to worry about there which is nice.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I have a quick update too! We definitely heard the heartbeat on Dec. 23 (the midwife didn't precursor by saying "I think" like my doctor did when I was 11 weeks).

I'm currently hiding in loose tops since I am on this business trip in Montana and am the only woman in the room. I don't need to be a pregnant woman to everyone else too. I'll be telling everyone at work next week. Only my boss knows. And the contractor's receptionists since they're ordering my lunches (I hope they didn't tell anyone).

@puffbrat I love reading your update! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Though I must admit I'm 17 weeks and still pretty tired. Some people I've talked to say the fatigue last the whole time lol.

@motivatedsister congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm excited for you too! And excited for the ring fitting ;)

I'll try to pop in a bit more frequently if I can. Sorry I didn't comment on much this time again.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Hi @VeryKatie glad to hear your update, hearing the heartbeat must have been so incredible! 17 weeks, you are nearly halfway to baby :) any bump pics yet, I know you had said you had popped a while back and I believe you are quite petite. Have you talked about names yet?
    I hope your trip goes well!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow I've missed a ton! I didn't think I was that far behind @puffbrat and @VeryKatie but man you guys are cruising on through! I can't believe you're already 17 weeks @VeryKatie. Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancies.

I'm 6 weeks today and the fatigue has been terrible. Other than that I've only had dull cramping on/off, mild headaches on/off, my nipples have gotten humongous, boobs are starting to get sore, and I feel like constipation is starting to kick in. I've had no morning sickness...gotten a little nauseous a few times if I've waited too long between eating, but never to the point where I actually vomit.

I'll have my first appointment next week, so I'm getting excited! I'll be 7 weeks by then, so hopefully everything is as it should be and we'll get to hear the heartbeat.

Is there a pregnancy setting on MFP? I'm curious as to how many calories I should be eating. I haven't been really tracking. I've probably been eating about the same as I was pre-pregnancy, but instead of working out like 6 days a week it's been more like 2-3...so figure overall I'm probably ok, but some days probably should eat a little more. I'm not dieting by any means, but I think I'm just so used to what I was eating that I'm not any hungrier. I'm definitely still classified as overweight so I'm sure I should probably aim to only gain 15-20lbs (lol I'm fine as long as I don't go over the 40 I lost!) But I want to make sure I'm not under eating.