Replies

• PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    My July goals are:
    • Log everything before I eat it.
    • Meet my goals for the macros.
    • Increase my sodium and potassium intake.
    • Walk to the road and climb back up my mountain every day.
    • Drink more water.

Well, when the power goes out as it did yesterday and then my computer craps on me, it has made it impossible to log.

Meeting goals on the macros has been better, as best I can tell.

Increase in sodium and potassium is easy with salted bouillon. Too yummy!

Walking went away with the rain and mud followed by horrid humid mornings.

I'm about to float from the water so that's good.

Thanks to my friend @kathrout1973 sharing her recent success with me, I'll be sure to do much better in the next few days. Thanks, lovely lady.

• Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »

Thanks to my friend @kathrout1973 sharing her recent success with me, I'll be sure to do much better in the next few days. Thanks, lovely lady.

Aww thanks - I am cheering you on xx
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another couch potato day. Still kept to keto like a champ. Fluids, electrolytes - all good.
    Still no scale. Plan to keep it that way as long as it's working. I can weigh in at the doctor's office on the 26th. Then I'll buy a Scale.
    Basic home stuff done.
    Totally avoiding responsibities in favor of chilling. Maybe I needed a break.
    Have started reading again, just light summer stuff. Got away from doing that when I started socializing more, but I do love reading a book.

Today is errands day, so at least I'll be out and about.
    Feels good to be back on track with my food. I always feel better when I am.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Daily Goals:
    1) Get 12000 steps a day (fitbit)❌
    2) all food logged, no" guesstimates" lol✅
    3) carbs 73g✅ Fat 89g ❌Protein 91g or keep my Macro close to this (20%/55%/25%)✅
    4) Stay under 1450 Cals❌
    5) 1895 ml of water (8 glasses a day)✅
    3 out of 5 my macros were pretty good,but I did go over on cals
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    SW for July: 146.4
    CW: 143.6

GW: 140

My Basics:
    1) all meds taken ✅
    2) all food logged, even the licks, bites, tastes, and random stuff I have to guess at ❌
    3) carbs under 75 total; shooting for 35 net max ❌
    4) Movement/exercise: running, gym time, or just hitting steps goal ✅ - regular walking plus a power walking trip to the grocery this morning. Will run tomorrow :)
    5) Enough fluids (and electrolytes, especially potassium) ✅

I pseudo-binged on fats (buttered psylium buns) and Halo Top after dinner yesterday. I say "pseudo-binged" because I was fully cognizant of what I was doing, and made the conscious choice to do it anyway...
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    For 7/6

Vitamins - yes
    Increased water - yes
    Carbs <80 - yes
    Cal <1500 - yes
    Activity - 10 min elliptical warm up, 25 min strength training

Had a great day!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Two more days til vaca with kiddo.. The ex is being the usual nudge - sign the parental consent already. It's not like I'm abducting him and fleeing to Canada. --- Allthooooo...Nah, need to work..but, there is a huge MegaMillions drawing..tomorrow....hmmmm.
    Anything to cause me stress.. Whateva.. rant over..

Goals for this week.
    Keep carbs >30 - Not quite there..getting closer.
    Calories 1200 - 1400. OK
    Plan No alcohol this week. - and --I blew my abstinence record last night.
    Get in 30 mins a day of exercise. - Got 'er done.
  • elize7
    Options
    Yes to yesterday!
    Food, water, electrolytes, logging and preloggong, 30 minutes walking, home project, artwork...all good!
    In ketosis. Feeling the energy revving up again.
    Have about twice as many social things planned from now til the end of the month which is good...and just thinking I will need to ramp up the food and drink keto force-field to get through that.
    My plan is to just do this like I did at first, all throughout the summer. Maybe mid September I'll stage another maintenance coop.
    Off to enjoy the summer day.
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    I am attempting to post again... for like the 10th time...lol my cell phone seems to be against me posting.

So I am really wanting to do this, so far this week hasn't been great but I am still wanting to join this challenge and make July my best month yet.
    So here goes:

SW: 355
    CW:339
    GW: 170
    July goal 10lbs

My plan is:

1. Keep carbs under 50 g on non work days and under 100 on work days (I may alter this I just want to see where this goes)
    2. Get sleep 7-8 hours/night
    3. Take my meds and vitamins daily
    4. Blog/vlog daily

I may add or change these goals as the month goes on and I see what is working and what isn't

Wishing us all a successful July :)

1) sounds like a great plan; best of success to you!
    2) if you try to use smileys from the phone app it will lop off all the rest of your post after the emoticon that is probably what happened the first 9 times ;)

Partly what happened, the other part vericose vein burst leading to medical emergency... but good to know for future as I had no idea
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1. Keep carbs under 50 g on non work days and under 100 on work days (I may alter this I just want to see where this goes) No
    2. Get sleep 7-8 hours/night yes
    3. Take my meds and vitamins dailyNo
    4. Blog/vlog dailyNo

So this week dis not go to plan. Way too much emotion am eating and excuses...going to be heading into week 2 with a much better attitude!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    7/1 weight: 177.2
    7/7 weight: 176.8 (-0.4 lb)

Carbs under 40g:
    - 7/1: 41g
    - 7/2: 39g
    - 7/3: 19g
    - 7/4: 35g
    - 7/5: 40g
    - 7/6: 37g
    - 7/7: TBD, but I'm currently sitting at 3g after lunch, so it's looking good.
    - Takeaway: 6 out of 7 ain't bad! :wink:

Minimum of 8 glasses of water a day:
    - I just realized I haven't logged my water every day. Oops! But I do know I had at least 64 ounces each workday, because I always fill my 32-ounce bottle in the morning and then at least one more time in the afternoon, and by the time I get home from work it's empty again. So I know I met this goal every day except maybe Saturday and Sunday. I'll focus on logging my water this week to be more certain.
  • elize7
    Options
    Rebecca, whenever I first get into ketosis; for the first time and after lapses as well, it always takes me a couple weeks to settle into a regular food routine. Once I get past that I can do well for fairly long periods of time. Just give it your best every day.
    It's so worth it!
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    July 1-7
    I feel like I'm really getting used to this. I do find the simpler my meals, the easier it is to stay on track! But, I still have a lot to learn. I'm reading a ton and downloaded some podcasts (still need to listen to them, though).

Logged every day- yes
    Water-yes 8 glasses a day
    Carbs- yes- I'm keeping the under 30......usually closer to 20
    Calories- most days, a couple of days I'm a little over
    Exercise- still doing too much work around the house....but I'm active!
    Sleep- did not get enough over 4th of July weekend, but the rest of the week I got 8 hrs

• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My Daily Goals:
    1) Get 12000 steps a day (fitbit)❌
    2) all food logged, no" guesstimates" lol✅
    3) carbs 73g❌Fat 89g ❌Protein 91g or keep my Macro close to this (20%/55%/25%)❌
    4) Stay under 1450 Cals✅
    5) 1895 ml of water (8 glasses a day)✅
    Under cals, didn't get steps or macros BUT got all 8 glasses of water
  • kimberly184
    kimberly184 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kimberly Sw 273 Cw 271 and my goal weight loss is 220 I commit to stay under 30grams of carbs and continue to log my meals and exercise I need to be at my goal by September 20 for the wedding
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    for 7/7:

SW for July: 146.4
    CW: ?? didn't weigh on purpose

GW: 140

My Basics:
    1) all meds taken ✅
    2) all food logged, even the licks, bites, tastes, and random stuff I have to guess at ✅
    3) carbs under 75 total; shooting for 35 net max ❌I waaaaaaaay over did it yesterday...damn the crispy M&Ms...
    4) Movement/exercise: running, gym time, or just hitting steps goal ✅
    5) Enough fluids (and electrolytes, especially potassium) ✅
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    For 7/7
    Vitamins - yes
    Increased water - yes
    Carbs<80 - yes
    Cal <1500 - yes
    Activity - 20 min indoor walk at lunch, biked once around the block before dinner (too humid yuck)
    CW - 188
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My scale showed a weight loss this morning that I'm NOT going to claim because it was too much to be believable. There is no way the four and a half pounds from yesterday morning could be anything other than a fluke. Even knowing it's a crap lie, it still tripped my trigger. Then I didn't take my walk because at 5:30 it was already 72 with 95% humidity. Nope, I need the exercise but have my limits for self imposed misery. All else is going well and I have good feelings about July being a good month for me. It wouldn't be happening without all of you supporting me and I'll not neglect to say THANK YOU!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yea FRIDAY!! All packed and ready to go to Niagara Falls! Got docs from the ex, (finally), so we're ready to have fun. Still working on the piles on my desk. Hopefully, I can clean it up and be off for a week.

Down a pound this week. I'll take it considering it was a bit rocky this week. Not sure how much I will be logging and posting next week. I do have plans to stick closely to the plan. There will be lots of exercise, biking, hiking, I'm looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend!

Goals for this week.
    Keep carbs >30 - OK
    Calories 1200 - 1400. OK
    Plan No alcohol this week. - Good last night. Water and tea.
    Get in 30 mins a day of exercise. - Just packing and bringing things up and down to the car. Cleaning the house.