Hey! We Have a Helpful Sticky Called the Launch Pad!

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    2ketodudes said in the latest podcast that someone suggested using the phrase "carb withdrawal" instead of keto flu, because that is closer to what it is. Makes sense to me.

That would be fantastic! I absolutely HATE the term keto flu! I also feel like carb withdrawal makes it sound equally un-preventable though...
    I wish it were better known as not being a thing that "everyone just goes through". Other than some actual carb withdrawal (mourning the loss of our crutch foods/sugar detox), the rest is completely preventable but you don't ever find that information out there. Even on blogs that do talk about the sodium needs, they don't really make it clear that it can prevent 98% of the "keto flu" stuff you read about and is not caused by ketones. Drives me bonkers! :wink:

Drives me crazy too. Why will they not talk about it!?!? GAH! :angry:
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Carb withdrawal symptom prevention!

bump
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Do we have any links from any of the good cholesterol discussions lately?? I only found one on meds... Not any addressing the fears of high cholesterol...
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • baconslave
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Do we have any links from any of the good cholesterol discussions lately?? I only found one on meds... Not any addressing the fears of high cholesterol...

done. BAM!
  • Bonny132
    Options
    @baconslave in the launchpad can we add a sentence or two about needing to increase your sodium if you increase your water intake? This should be common sense I agree, but some of us airheads needs to be reminded that it flushes out so it needs to be replaced.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    @baconslave in the launchpad can we add a sentence or two about needing to increase your sodium if you increase your water intake? This should be common sense I agree, but some of us airheads needs to be reminded that it flushes out so it needs to be replaced.

There was already mention of that in the Low Carbers Guide and FAQ, but I added a couple lines to the electrolyte post as well.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Thank you. I have read the launch pad several times and still did not pick up on that, and suffered. Maybe I need new glasses?
  • baconslave
    Options
    Thank you. I have read the launch pad several times and still did not pick up on that, and suffered. Maybe I need new glasses?

It was there. But I'll reword it so that it's more emphatic.
    Basically if you have a pulse, or drink, or sweat EVER and are low-carb you have to keep electrolytes up. :lol:
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Lol
    "Dumb blonde here"
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump for the newbies
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Bonnie132 - I maintain that blonde is not a hair color, it is a state of mind!
  • baconslave
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Bonnie132 - I maintain that blonde is not a hair color, it is a state of mind!

My best friend in HS was a blonde, and she was sharp! She was a short, blond version of me. If anyone tried to tell her a blonde joke, she'd be like "you know evidence to refute that is in your face right now, don't you? You're not blonde. What's your excuse?"
  • baconslave
    Options
    bump
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Lol
    "Dumb blonde here"

I'm a dumb brunette. I knew about the electrolytes but chose not to believe it. I finally caved and added salt after days of headaches and muscle cramps waking me in the night. :D Not to bright there! LOL
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Lol
    "Dumb blonde here"

I'm a dumb brunette. I knew about the electrolytes but chose not to believe it. I finally caved and added salt after days of headaches and muscle cramps waking me in the night. :D Not to bright there! LOL

Knot tube, right?
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    re-reading always helps, regardless of hair colour!
  • baconslave
    Options
    bump
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the bump. :)