Steps not showing on mfp

Options

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have followed the instructions multiple times. MFP still isn't posting my steps. They have not posted since before July 12th for me.
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Has anyone from MFP even said ANYTHING about this? Even if it's just a "Hey, we know there's a problem and we're working on it"? Because I'm feeling that they aren't even acknowledging it and so far I haven't seen anything that indicates otherwise...
  • tuxmomoftoo
    tuxmomoftoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is back to normal now.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Has anyone from MFP even said ANYTHING about this? Even if it's just a "Hey, we know there's a problem and we're working on it"? Because I'm feeling that they aren't even acknowledging it and so far I haven't seen anything that indicates otherwise...

It's actually noted in the help section under Known Issues: Integration Partners.
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners

Sadly the last update of that page was July 1st. So that means they've known about it since at least then.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Well mine finally started syncing Thursday. Now it has stopped again. :(
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well mine finally started syncing Thursday. Now it has stopped again. :(

MFP says 7300 steps but I have 8600. Gonna shower now and see if that updates it. May disconnect now and reconnect post-shower
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows - even when it is working as expected - steps don't sync from Fitbit account to MFP account like everytime your device syncs to your Fitbit account.
    That would be way too much syncing - as is it all the accounts constantly syncing is probably the reason for so many issues that crop up that effect everyone from time to time.

I'd be curious if it matches what used to be last year - which is the steps are synced across accounts when the calories for the daily burn are synced.
    This is on properly working accounts.

And that used to only happen when the daily burn was 100 calories higher than the last sync total.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It should look like this.

4j1ay588aski.png

Thanks for this. Mine stopped syncing all of a sudden and when i followed this guide, it started working again.
  • Fesanso
    Fesanso Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MFP is not syncing with Fitbit for me today. Fitbit is seeing MFP...ie water consumption is updating. But I'm getting '0 Steps'. Grr.
  • ktothema
    ktothema Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish mine had been solved that easily. Tried it all, MFP still isn't pulling fitbit data across.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    They are working on it. It is a known issue. Mine hasnt't worked for 4 days then this morning it started syncing again, then it went off again. MFP is asking people not to disconnect and connect again because this is adding to the problem
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    MFP is asking people not to disconnect and connect again because this is adding to the problem

Where did you see this?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    MFP is asking people not to disconnect and connect again because this is adding to the problem

Where did you see this?

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2512971-fitbit-sync-issues-7-25-16

The text of that is:

"Monday, 7/25/16, 8:30am PDT

Hello folks,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any problems you are having with your Fitbit sync. Due to extreme traffic, we are experiencing Fitbit delays. It is important during this time you do NOT unlink your Fitbit, as this may lead to longer delays and possible loss of data.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we do all we can to restore the connection to normal sync as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you,
    MyFitnessPal Staff "
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Make sure in the app under 'steps' you do NOT have "don't track steps" ticked. If this is ticked you wont receive any syncing info.

Is my above post invisible?? Have any of checked your steps setting? I'm not having an issues.

I'd like to encourage everyone again to check their steps setting in their app. What seems to have happened to me was that somehow my setting changed to "don't track steps." I'm 100% certain that I didn't change it, I made no changes to the app at all prior to my issues, so it must have been a glitch on the MFP side. MFP was still getting my data, as in the "check-in" or "progress" section accurate step and sleep minute totals were appearing, but on the app my "steps" number showed as 0 for the 3-4 days I had issues, and MFP was not calculating any exercise adjustment at all - usually when you have a 0 adjustment you at least have the note with the current adjustment calculation in your food/exercise diary, but I didn't even have that. I corrected my "steps" selection and had to wait until the next morning, but at that point it started working again. Could have been a fluke/coincidence, or it could have been what corrected it. Can't hurt for everyone having issues to at least double check that it's correct.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    when I try to sync my fitbit on my laptop it tells me there is no internet connection which is bull since Im on the internet dont make any sense
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I seem to be syncing again
  • heybales
    Options
    joann wrote: »
    when I try to sync my fitbit on my laptop it tells me there is no internet connection which is bull since Im on the internet dont make any sense

Different issue - did this just start?

Mine did I think on Friday.

Do you use Windows XP?

Have you searched online help from Fitbit's discussion board, since that software piece is theirs.
    And you can't have a sync issue with MFP if Fitbit's not even getting your device data.
  • scottlwl
    scottlwl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just my luck... I get to goal with fitbit but want to track nutrients to maintain so pay for mfp premium..... Then it breaks haha

Standard.

Hopefully a fix will happen soo
  • heybales
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    joann wrote: »

Different issue - did this just start?

Mine did I think on Friday.

Do you use Windows XP?

Have you searched online help from Fitbit's discussion board, since that software piece is theirs.
    And you can't have a sync issue with MFP if Fitbit's not even getting your device data.

Mine just starting working today - so it was a Fitbit issue that prevented the Fitbit Connect to work.

I'm guessing the sync server on an initial ack failed to respond, or timely enough, so the client figured no internet, no sync, not even going to waste time starting if no where to send the data.

Too bad they don't cache some of the data on your computer for a short time period. What if on extended road trip with no internet, but wanted to get the stats from a day's worth of hiking off the device before it was replaced?
  • scottlwl
    scottlwl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    All seems fine at my end. Steps syncing through and calorie adjustment added.

As a side....

Steps come through and calories added to daily goal, however on the instructions it states to add activity in mfp not fitbit... So I went for a swim added the activity in mfp and it added the burn in but took it off the fitbit but calorie adjustment. So it was a swim for nothing. If that makes sense... Can't be right can it?