Steps not showing on mfp

Options
1235»

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    scottlwl wrote: »
    All seems fine at my end. Steps syncing through and calorie adjustment added.

As a side....

Steps come through and calories added to daily goal, however on the instructions it states to add activity in mfp not fitbit... So I went for a swim added the activity in mfp and it added the burn in but took it off the fitbit but calorie adjustment. So it was a swim for nothing. If that makes sense... Can't be right can it?

MFP wants you to log exercise on their site, just to keep your eyeballs there. There's actually no reason to do that. I log all food in MFP and all exercise in Fitbit. However, even if you log the activity in MFP, you should get credit for it, because it should send the info that you entered in MFP to Fitbit and increase your Fitbit calories burned. It just doesn't show in your Fitbit adjustment in MFP because you logged the exercise in MFP.
  • scottlwl
    scottlwl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ah I see.

Just will log my swimming in fitbit then... And let the adjustment, er adjust. Hehe thank you
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm not syncing once again. Was working fine this morning. REALLY starting to get frustrated with this... The weird thing is my calories from before it crapped out are still showing under my exercise calories???
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine works fine, but for the life of me I don't remember how I did it. I do remember I did a google search or two and that helped me. So it does work.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm not syncing once again. Was working fine this morning. REALLY starting to get frustrated with this... The weird thing is my calories from before it crapped out are still showing under my exercise calories???

Sure, not weird at all - Fitbit did sync over a value - MFP is using whatever it's got.
    And it's got something to do math with, despite being old data.

This isn't a dynamic 2-way live sync like Wifi sending data back and forth between devices constantly.
    This is static data at certain points being sent, nothing may be received at that point at all from the other side.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't been syncing for 9 days now. Hope they sort it soon
  • Scott_Mahan
    Scott_Mahan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's been over a week. I had Fitbit on the phone and they say the problem isn't on their side.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    My steps are there, but it's not giving me any credit in my calorie adjustment. I try not to use my exercise calories, but it's motivating to see them there. So frustrating.
  • Scott_Mahan
    Scott_Mahan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I am getting both my steps and calorie adjustment! I hope everyone else is having the same results.