Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

LCD Chat...

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    It's a Tricky Tuesday!!

So Monday didn't quite start the week out on the right foot. I'm hoping that today will be a bit better.
    I've got one sick kid and another that the ultimate trooper and keeping on the healthy side by hanging on by a finger!

So I'm wondering if there's anyone else who has experienced 'feeling' their weight loss? I know I've gone on about the scars of old surgeries on my stomach causing discomfort. Yesterday I started having a similar feeling in my leg! I had my left leg realigned 10 years ago and it's causing a few aches now! I've got a couple of screws stuck in my shin and I'm wondering if the weight loss is triggering something or if it's another case of scar tissue? All I know is that I'm not giving up on walking!!

Have a great day out there people!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,159 Member
    @ProCoffeenator
    Interesting "feeling" the weight loss".....I don't and only can tell because I'm wearing my smaller sizes from the closet.
    The horrible arthritis from changes in the barometric pressure, yes more aches and pains but I'm with you, still going to the gym today.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    I have phantom pains where my ovary used to be from time to time. I assume it is scar tissue. I don't notice more pains from weight loss, but I do notice some with GI changes (gas, etc).
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    I had surgery for a Chiari malformation almost 4 years ago and weather changes definitely make a difference. My head will feel really weird and the scar will be sensitive. The whole back of my head will be super tender.
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2016
    @ProCoffeenator - Amazing progress! I love seeing the progress photos and success stories - it's what keeps me going.

Body dysmorphia...I have considered myself just "chubby", not obese until I saw recent pictures of myself and it totally doesn't match what I look like in my mind. Yesterday, I took some before photos in my workout gear and I look like I'm 6-7 months pregnant. I actually had someone ask me whether I was pregnant recently. sigh...I'm past child bearing years.

@BT_rescuemom I can definitely see a difference in your face!

I had abdominal surgery in '95 to remove endometrial tissue and adhesions on my ovaries and abdominal cavity. I have no sensation on the actual scar even 21 years later, but occasionally feel a pulling sensation. What I wonder what it's going to look like when I manage to lose the weight and if the loose skin is really going to overhang the scar that sits above my pubic area.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    FINALLY I CAN TALK TO YOU ALL AGAIN. Stupid maintenance
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    @coloradoartstudio I hate the "are you pregnant" question. Rude. I would get that constantly. In my opinion it is not ok to ask me that question (or anyone) unless you see me crowning. It is especially hurtful because of the infertility struggle I am having. Ugh.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    bowlerae wrote: »

There's probably an MFP banner somewhere announcing "Temporary Inconvenience Permanent Improvement" :p
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    bowlerae wrote: »

I know... irritating.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    @coloradoartstudio I hate the "are you pregnant" question. Rude. I would get that constantly. In my opinion it is not ok to ask me that question (or anyone) unless you see me crowning. It is especially hurtful because of the infertility struggle I am having. Ugh.

I once had a woman ARGUE with me. Most people look embarrassed and apologize when you say you are not pregnant. This lady just looked at me and said "well you look pregnant, you really do".
  • BT_rescuemom
    @anglyn1 my neighbor assumed I was expecting the first time I met her, then just kept talking and kept digging that hole bigger and bigger. I wanted to say "nope, this is actually a pizza baby." Or something snarky and bitchy, but I have to live next to her and she actually is a very nice person. I have yet to think up a nice yet STFU response when asked the dreaded question. Although when (if?) I become pregnant I am just going to let her wonder if I am pregnant or just fat until I bring baby home lol.
  • BT_rescuemom
    @anglyn1 my neighbor assumed I was expecting the first time I met her, then just kept talking and kept digging that hole bigger and bigger. I wanted to say "nope, this is actually a pizza baby." Or something snarky and bitchy, but I have to live next to her and she actually is a very nice person. I have yet to think up a nice yet STFU response when asked the dreaded question. Although when (if?) I become pregnant I am just going to let her wonder if I am pregnant or just fat until I bring baby home lol.
  • BT_rescuemom
    @anglyn1 my neighbor assumed I was expecting the first time I met her, then just kept talking and kept digging that hole bigger and bigger. I wanted to say "nope, this is actually a pizza baby." Or something snarky and witchy, but I have to live next to her and she actually is a very nice person. I have yet to think up a nice yet STFU response when asked the dreaded question. Although when (if?) I become pregnant I am just going to let her wonder if I am pregnant or just fat until I bring baby home lol.
  • BT_rescuemom
    @anglyn1 my neighbor assumed I was expecting the first time I met her, then just kept talking and kept digging that hole bigger and bigger. I wanted to say "nope, this is actually a pizza baby." Or something snarky and witchy, but I have to live next to her and she actually is a very nice person. I have yet to think up a nice yet STFU response when asked the dreaded question. Although when (if?) I become pregnant I am just going to let her wonder if I am pregnant or just fat until I bring baby home lol.
  • BT_rescuemom
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Ugh and not cool! @anglyn1 and @BT_rescuemom I once told someone that I was just a foodie when someone asked when the baby was due, lol.

I once put my foot in my mouth big time when I was younger - I told a women that her granddaughter was adorable and she responded that she must really look old because it was her daughter. :s I could have died.
  • BT_rescuemom
    Dude. Did not mean to post 4 times. Ha!
  • ProCoffeenator
    I Never ever assume someone is pregnant!! Oh my gosh that's the worst!
    Before I started Keto one of the older kids at my work asked me if I was having a baby... I told him no. Then he turned around and said "so you're just fat. Okay!"
    Only know do can get away with that!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    I was with my cousin in a store one time and the checker was a girl she knew from high school. The girl asked her if she was pregnant. She said very nicely, "no, I'm just fat, but thanks for asking!". Funny thing is, she found out a month later she really was pregnant ;-)
  • ProCoffeenator
    It's a wicked Wednesday!!

We are sailing further into the week! Wednesday is here and it's looking over to the horizon now. Of course Wednesday is my late day at work and rain is coming! My step challenge may be suffering today. It's probably a good thing though as my legs are in need of a little break and my feet have been complaining since yesterday's walk!