LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    @coloradoartstudio I hate the "are you pregnant" question. Rude. I would get that constantly. In my opinion it is not ok to ask me that question (or anyone) unless you see me crowning. It is especially hurtful because of the infertility struggle I am having. Ugh.

:( that's sad. I've only had this happen once. A little girl in a crowd of ppl came up and rubbed my tummy and laid her head on it and says. "oh! I love the baby!"

Horrifying!
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @JessicaLCHF yes, horrifying.

Today is the first day I did BPC only for breakfast, and I can say I was very satisfied. An ideal situation for me would be BPC for breakfast, then not eating until dinner. That way I can use my 30 min lunch break to walk. Having to think about feeding myself in the middle of the day is kind of inconvenient lol.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    At lunch...Im not hungry, but ate anyway because i didnt know what else to do...I usually walk around a storee or something, but these shoes wont allow that. i hope everyone is having a great day..
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @coloradoartstudio I hate the "are you pregnant" question. Rude. I would get that constantly. In my opinion it is not ok to ask me that question (or anyone) unless you see me crowning. It is especially hurtful because of the infertility struggle I am having. Ugh.

I once had a woman ARGUE with me. Most people look embarrassed and apologize when you say you are not pregnant. This lady just looked at me and said "well you look pregnant, you really do".

Seems like someone would have walked away with a black eye had she said that to the wrong person...Rowdy's daughter would have decked her - I would have wanted to but the idea of losing my RN license to an idiot doesn't thrill me.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady You can't cure stupid!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's a Blood thirsty Thursday!!

It's my early day at work today. Which also means it's our high numbers day!! Depending on how early I can escape my adulting schedule I'm going to hopefully make it over to the YMCA with all my paperwork to see what they quote me on for a payment. Crossing my fingers cause it would be really nice for me and the kids!!
    I'm also hoping to get an extra hour for walking in too! I really, really want to beat one of my friends in my walking challenge today!! I'm weird! I just can't figure out how she is getting so many steps in each day!! Super proud of her but seriously I'd like to just say I beat her average!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's a Blood thirsty Thursday!!

It's my early day at work today. Which also means it's our high numbers day!! Depending on how early I can escape my adulting schedule I'm going to hopefully make it over to the YMCA with all my paperwork to see what they quote me on for a payment. Crossing my fingers cause it would be really nice for me and the kids!!
    I'm also hoping to get an extra hour for walking in too! I really, really want to beat one of my friends in my walking challenge today!! I'm weird! I just can't figure out how she is getting so many steps in each day!! Super proud of her but seriously I'd like to just say I beat her average!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Is she a knitter? When I am knitting it counts my wrist movement as steps. I should probably take my Fitbit off when I knit lol. Or maybe she just walks a heck of a lot.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We are having some sort of monsoon here on the west coast it seems like. I got up at 4:30 am this morning to do washing & get a few things done before the power goes out. We have a generator that we can use if the power does go but no for things like clothes. Did a cross border shop yesterday. Storm stockpiling.
    Rowdys Lady: I am exhausted just by hearing all the things you did. Hope you get to put your feet up.
    Pregnant question: I had a lady once ask me if I was pregnant (decades ago) when I said "No, just fat." She gave me a dirty look. Then every time she saw me after that SHE looked annoyed. I almost felt I should get pregnant just so she could let it go.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Stay safe @BaconSan2! Thinking about you!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful day at work yesterday. Out of the blue I was given a couple really nice side chairs from our showroom and I've been looking for chairs for my living room, my boss said she was going to take it to our COO that I should work from home some (I drive 65 miles each way) and then she offered me timeshare points for a week long paid for vacation!!!

I think she knows I haven't been as happy for the last year (we relocated our corporate office and the new commute, while only 10 miles further is up to 45 minutes longer each way) and even though I've been with her for 15 years I have considered leaving.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    That's an awesome win, @Cadori, if you get to work from home. I love it. I can do what needs to be done at home and I still get through a very productive work day...all in my jammies! The worst part is my kitchen is so close and if I have a slower work day I get bored and get up and go to the kitchen. I'm working myself OUT of that bad habit though. Everything else about working from home is a win (well, except when I'm on a call and the dogs start barking...that bites)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same area as @BaconSan2 so I am getting the storm warnings too. I woke up and it was raining really hard but it seems to have stopped now.

The rain doesn't bother me so much...unlike the wind. I keep getting blown around and it's not fun trying to walk down the street when the wind is hitting you so hard. It's quite strong!

Candles are ready...should stock up on some food but so many of my LCHF foods are in the fridge. I hope the power doesn't go out...

If it does, I guess I'm going to have to consume cans of broth to stay alive lol
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thinking of you too, @samanthaluangphixay. Stay safe!! I wish I was light enough to get blown around by wind :wink:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Stay safe in the storm ladies! I am going back to the doctor about my foot tomorrow. I hurt it running almost 2 months ago. A week after I had it x-rayed and they said it showed an old healed fracture which I had no clue I had but nothing acute. Well here we are and it still hurts. I have laid off exercise and gave it tons of rest. Now every time I add activity back it flares up. It's ruining my fitness goals! I've waited months for fall running weather and it if doesn't feel better soon there will be snow falling! lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady - Thanks for thinking of me :)

@anglyn1 - Good luck with the doctor's visit. Hope you get good news. It sucks when it derails your fitness goals!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Frightful Fridays start my busiest times these days - High school football game tonight then marching band comp tomorrow. LONG day tomorrow. And my youngest is grounded until she's 40 for getting mouthy yet again with me - after I had done some very nice things for her. So she won't be joining us for the game or competition. Which means I have to worry about what she's up to at home alone. *Thinking I need to move the TV to a locked closet and put all the junk food with it* Upside, we live so far out she can't do something like walk into town.