Me vs. the Binge -- August 2016 Challenge

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    Binge: 1 (estimated, cause I don't remember back to 8/1)...
    DBF: at least 8...

This is the first weekend in a while where I haven't dabbled off plan. I had opportunities to, but it wasn't as appealing as I'd worried, not this weekend, anyway. I don't know why weekends are so hard - just the unstructured time??
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    The Binge: 1
    DBF: 0

I'm disappointed in myself but I have to remember a few things. 1) I'm still doing better than I was a couple months ago. I need to focus on progress, not perfection. 2) Just because I've made some bad decisions the past few days, there's no reason that needs to continue. I can make today a day of good decisions. 3) I need to be honest with myself so I can learn from this. Forgiving myself and moving on is a good thing. Pretending it never happened is not, because I'm not addressing the situation that led to this, which means the next time I am in this situation, it is likely to have the same outcome.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Acceptance and forgiveness are two of the hardest things to learn on this journey for me - and the fact that I accept what happened, forgive myself without guilt - that nothing means I've giving myself permission or an open field to do it again! Congrats, @Moxie42 on figuring out all the nitty gritty stuffs.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    August 8
    The B: 2
    DBF: 1
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 14

Agh... gained 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Minimal workouts and way too much carbs and sugar on my trip...
    Finally home, and back to it today. I need to learn some discipline and perspective when I am out of my routines. Thinking on how to do that...
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    tiffyree23 wrote: »
    me7
    binge 0
    dbf 21

3 weeks! Cant wait to see that number myself :) nice job.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    The Binge: 2
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DBF: 8

Overate a bit yesterday and thought about bingeing but went to bed.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    DBF: 14

Agh... gained 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Minimal workouts and way too much carbs and sugar on my trip...
    Finally home, and back to it today. I need to learn some discipline and perspective when I am out of my routines. Thinking on how to do that...

@mae918 - make a plan. A back up plan. A back up for your back up plan. x10. Make a plan if you have to eat out. Make a plan if you have to go without dinner. Make a plan for if you eat a restaurant that doesn't provide your safe options. Figure out what compromises you will make, what agreements with yourself, like "I will eat the XYZ and ABC for dinner tonight, but only if I drink water, and tomorrow and the next day, I have to walk 15 minutes each, minimum." Record it in your phone, maybe announce it to your friends, post it here, anything to encourage compliance and accountability. I have a go to plan for certain places, things I'm allowed to compromise on, and no-gos, etc. :) Planning helps anyone wired like me.

And you'll get it back to where you were. Maybe some journaling to get to the root of why you go off plan out of routine? Do you not consider healthy eating your routine? Or is it a prison from which you escape at every opportunity???
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me 8
    Binge 0
    Dbf 22
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 7
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss this group has helped me tremendously with being accountable for binges and I am more thoughtful about that daily and usually make the choice not to binge. When I go back to see my family and there's an abundance of my family's traditional home cooked meals and desserts - I just overindulge every single time! This time, I was the maid of honor for my cousin's wedding and we had so many parties all week...lots of food and drinks... I think one major thing that will be helpful to me is being accountable on the days I make other poor choices like eating too much of an unhealthy food or the days that I am struggling... maybe I should make my diary public or add a category to what I post on this page. Planning sounds really helpful. It also sounds like a chore...so I will need to get into the habit of that. Agh..
    thank you :)
  • NiceGuySF
    NiceGuySF Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Close call last night... satisfied a real hunger plus emotional craving with a beer and a salty snack while watching the Olympics. I really, really wanted another beer and more snacks. But I held off, so a small victory. Kept the day at a zero calorie deficit (didn't lose or gain).

The Binge: 0
    DBF: 8

• kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Starting a little late, but better late than never :smiley:

Me: 2
    The Binge: 7
    DBF: 0

Hoping to keep that 7 a constant for the rest of the month! I tend to be really great all day, but when my daughter goes to bed, I can't seem to stop myself from grabbing the cookies! And once I get started, it's incredibly difficult to stop!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Aug 9

Me: 9*

Streak: 9
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    DBF: 9
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Me: 7
    The Binge: 2
    DBF: 2
  • Moxie42
    Options
    DBF: 2
  • kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
    The Binge: 7

Controlled it yesterday by making a small snack and going to bed right after!
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me 9
    Binge 0
    Dbf 23