Replies

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Me: 10
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 16 :)
    Yesterday, I stayed within my calorie goal but I made bad choices for what I was eating and today I barely ate anything! And that's probably just as bad. Ugh. I think I get so focused on trying to make healthy choices that I'm afraid to eat too much. I made my favorite fruit smoothie to get enough calories in. It was delicious, but high in natural sugars. Agh...other suggestions?
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    Binge: 1
    DBF: 0

Wah wah. My kids need to get back to school cause they're stressing me out :neutral:
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The Binge: 1
    DBF: 3

@mae918 - First, congrats on over 2 weeks binge-free! As far as your dilemma, I totally understand that feeling- almost being afraid to eat things because either you don't want to derail your progress, you're worried about it snowballing into a binge, and/or you're trying to "make up" for bad decisions that happened the previous day. It sounds like you handled it really well though- you made a healthy snack!

Different people will say different things because a lot of people swear by macro ratios, and that works for them. For me personally, especially if I'm already struggling to stay on track, adding the complications of counting macros just stresses me out and leads to giving up. Ideally, yes I would want to pay attention to things like that but sometimes life is just too crazy and there's only so much a person can handle at once. At times like that, I absolutely should (and do try to) avoid slipping into bad habits...BUT I might be a little more lenient with myself. Some people even eat at maintenance for a little while if they're going through a hard time and just need a break without going off the deep end. Again, that might not be what works for you but wanted to throw that out there as something to think about. :smile:
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    The Binge: 2
    DBF: 3
  • kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    The binge: 7
    DBF: 2

Getting easier to resist as I watch the numbers on the scale drop!!!
  • NiceGuySF
    NiceGuySF Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The Binge: 0
    DBF: 10
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 11
    DBF: 17

Thank you @Moxie42. Man, I am struggling. I just have not been able to maintain consistency with healthy choices. That's my focus right now. Baby-stepping along, and I am satisfied with that. :blush: I can't say enough good things about this supportive group! Been here 1 yr 1/2 now ♡
  • NiceGuySF
    Options
    DBF: 11
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Me: 8
    The Binge: 3

Whoopsie. Tatertots and ranch man, I gotta keep that stuff out of the house. No matter, I wasn't obscenely far over and ill step up my game this week to work it off :)
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Binge: 2
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me 11
    Binge 0
    Dbf 25

I ate out for the first time since i started this journey last night. I am so proud that i didn't binge! Even though i ate more than a serving, I stopped when i was full, and then instead of eating again later when the binge monster was talking to me, i went to bed!! Very excited!
  • suzmosb
    suzmosb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Let's see, since August 1?

Me: 5
    Binge: 6

Ironically when I was out of town and eating out 3 times a day I gave to myself. Maybe I was more conscious of my intake since I knew there was only so much I could do around calories and workouts living out of a suitcase! The days I get home from work are the worst :(

Past is past, time to get back on the wagon! Today is leaning towards me so let's see if I can keep it that way!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The Binge: 1
    DBF: 4
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    DBF: 1
  • guinevere96
    Options
    DBF: 1
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 12
    DBF: 18

Went way over calories on beer, out seeing an old friend. Yikes. Healthy day otherwise!
  • NiceGuySF
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Me: 12
    DBF: 12

Last night was a close one. I went over my calorie target and nearly said f-it. Even logged my "binge" calories I was about to eat (anyone else do this?).. But, held off for a bit, did some maintenance on my bicycle and went for a short test ride (all after 9pm). Never ate the extra calories, got some exercise, and was able to enjoy a guilt free night cap before bed. Fighting off the binge feels soon much better than giving in to it!
  • Pudding1980
    Options
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 13
    DBF: 19
    My choices were a little better today.
  • guinevere96
    Options

I didn't exactly have a chance to binge yesterday, passed out at 6pm! What even??