They are so indoctrinated. ;)

Options
13»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I think it isn't so much about protein as it is about fat re: the pork rinds.
    BTW, does anyone know of a Canadian source of NON-MSG'd pork rinds? Or online? I haven't been able to find any and I can't eat them because I need to be gluten free.

MSG should be gluten free. You should be fine with it... as long as you have no problems with msg.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    BTW, does anyone know of a Canadian source of NON-MSG'd pork rinds? Or online? I haven't been able to find any and I can't eat them because I need to be gluten free.

MSG should be gluten free. You should be fine with it... as long as you have no problems with msg.

Apparently MSG made in the US is gluten free but MSG made in other countries may not be (celiac.com). I always end up with similar symptoms as with gluten (asthma, digestive issues, joint and muscle pain, etc) - I just assumed they were related, but obviously I am sensitive to MSG too even if it is GF. SUX!
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Apparently MSG made in the US is gluten free but MSG made in other countries may not be (celiac.com). I always end up with similar symptoms as with gluten (asthma, digestive issues, joint and muscle pain, etc) - I just assumed they were related, but obviously I am sensitive to MSG too even if it is GF. SUX!

I'm in Ontario around Oshawa and usually I can find "Baken-ets" which are made by Frito Lay. The only ingredients are pork rinds, lard, and salt.
    I can usually find them in Freshco or No Frills.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if you can get them in Canada but I like Goya or Mac brands. The Goya ones are available at most large grocery stores in my area, in CT