Options
1235»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    rugged1529 wrote: »
    @Sunny_Bunny_ it's quite possible that I may be insulin resistant. Even though my IR level was about 8, my blood glucose level was 5.7. Last time it was 5.9 which was a little over a year agao. I started Keto end of January and had my physical end of Feb, plus my weight loss is slow IMO.

Ok. Then if I were you, I would be aware but still cautious about getting enough.
    Eating very low may very well result in higher ketones and faster weight loss and even faster correction of the insulin resistance, but there IS still a cost.
    If it were me, I would be willing to risk more (as compared to my current way) lean mass loss to correct the other issues but only to a degree. I wouldn't do it just for scale weight loss. That's ludicrous! It just lowers your bmr to lose too much muscle. Making long term maintenance more tricky. Or making resistance training absolutely necessary at some point.
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @Sunny
    @Sunny_Bunny_ it's quite possible that I may be insulin resistant. Even though my IR level was about 8, my blood glucose level was 5.7. Last time it was 5.9 which was a little over a year agao. I started Keto end of January and had my physical end of Feb, plus my weight loss is slow IMO.

Ok. Then if I were you, I would be aware but still cautious about getting enough.
    Eating very low may very well result in higher ketones and faster weight loss and even faster correction of the insulin resistance, but there IS still a cost.
    If it were me, I would be willing to risk more (as compared to my current way) lean mass loss to correct the other issues but only to a degree. I wouldn't do it just for scale weight loss. That's ludicrous! It just lowers your bmr to lose too much muscle. Making long term maintenance more tricky. Or making resistance training absolutely necessary at some point.
    Yea, I'm at the gym now getting it in. Now you mean eating low calorie wise or protein wise...Just making sure.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @Sunny

Yea, I'm at the gym now getting it in. Now you mean eating low calorie wise or protein wise...Just making sure.

Just talking protein.
    You definitely have reason to be wary of too much, but there's still that potential for muscle wasting.
    You've got a delicate teeter-totter to balance I think.
    You might get some really good tips in the Ketogains Facebook group from others in the same boat. :)

Your plan to IF sounds good too. It seems some fasting makes such a big impact on the IR. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be using that tool if reversing IR is a goal.
    I think you're on the right track and hope to hear some great updates as you progress.