September Workout Thread!

Options
12346»

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Yesterday skipped the gym. Today had an okay shift at work though the manager was having a rough one as he worked morning but all of the evening managers called in. We didn't have a lot of staff but it wasn't the worse one so far. Made it to gym late as the drive took longer than normal. Must have been an accident as traffic hit a stand-still and it was after 11:30 pm, which involved not moving for long enough I ended up taking a very early exit to go a different route. Got to the gym just after midnight and saw guy who I first chatted with at the gym after moving. Had to wait a little for deadlifts but got to chat a little and he worked in with my warm-up squats/goodmorning combinations. Which was quite a feet since he was a lot taller but didn't move the pins.

Tad achy and tired now. Right hand is acting up a little and my shins have been a bit achy lately. Not sure why as I haven't even been running, just working on my feet and I've done that for years. On the plus side, new one rep max for deadlifts. It was super slow but I got them done.

front squats - 2x10 @ 50, 3x8 @ 75
    good morning - 3x10 @ 75
    deadlift warmups - 1x8 @ 135, 1x5 @ 185, with belt 1x3 @ 215
    with belt and chalk - 3x1 @ 255

Just a 5 lb increase from before I moved to LA but still, nice to be moving up and we'll see how the next couple of sessions go. I put my goal at 265 on deadlift. Even if it's slow, happy to make progress.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 150

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing- 20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles

If anyone wants to join me I am doing 17 day keto diet. You ask why just 17 days, because I will be going on vacation after that and I know I will be eating more than I should and want to cleanse my body first. You can look up HFLC, or LCHF and get information on what to eat. Here are a few articles to get you started.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/03/Keto-Diet-Food-List-What-to-Eat-and-Avoid

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/ketogenic-diet-weakens-cancer-cells/

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/support-files/kd-basics.pdf
  • jowaring
    jowaring Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Today's workout
    Squats 5x5@57 lb. Feeling good with no pain.
    Bench 55545 @60lb. Still feels really heavy . I've been stuck at this weight for a while now.
    Row 5x5 @ 57lb.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sorry your feeling bad canadianlbs. Sometimes you just need a break :)

Yesterday morning I woke up with a stiff neck. It wasn't horrible, but decided to take it easy. Well this morning it's horrible! Uuugh it's so bad i don't even want to move. Well no choice but to take it easy today
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X 40
    Week four, day two of transitioning from the 35 to the 40 pound kettle bell. I actually feel as though I am getting a good workout now. TMI I am actually working up a sweat. I can also feel that my heart rate is up during and after the swings.

5 miles
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i went to the gym despite #bumdeath and #squathate because even with bumdeath and squathate i might as well do some of the other stuff in my deload week. and oh my god, you people . . . these squats.

bench went okay, in fact it went fine at 50/55/60. idek if my training weight is 100 pounds for bench atm, but these were easy weights and that seems close enough.

ohp went okay, and in fact fine at 35/40/45.

bent-over rows went better than fine at 50/60/70. i did sets of 8 and went ahead with two extra sets at the highest weight because strong back, why not. i'd rather row than do bench, actually. just seems more useful to me.

but ohmygrokethesedamnsquats. glute/piriformis madness makes it impossible . . . and damn me if all of a sudden i don't find that bringing my toes IN and using near-parallel feet doesn't suddenly make it so i don't even feel that problem. except you would think that narrow feet would cause buttwink and taco style and forward leaning, wouldn't you? yes, you would . . . because those are the exact set of reasons why i QUIT using that form a whole year ago.

except no. except now, at least as far as i could tell in the sideways mirror and based on my feelz, narrow feet looks like it's the bullet again and my broomstick backsquats are perfect this way.

i'm not even happy about it. i'm just fecking tired of the way this lift jerks me around.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    oh yeah, i forgot. and then i lay on the floor and went back to my this-summer love, the turkish getups.

i've been afraid of them because of all this tendon garbage, but turned out they did not hurt at all and so i do love them still. at least i can still stack my shoulders and get myself in a one-sided bridge and and etc. and i still think that for integrated flexing/mobility, there's nothing like them.

it's been a while though, so i kept it to 3 or 4 on each side, with the tiny kb.
  • jowaring
    Options
    todays workout
    squats 5x5 @55lb.
    ohp 5x5@40lb and the 2x5@42lb .ive been stuck at 40 for months,so will move up to 42 now.
    deadlift 1x5@105.
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It has been 3 months to the day since I last stepped foot in a gym, but I am finally back... first: I stayed away as I was recovering from an injured neck while lifting, then second: I just don't know why- I guess summer got in the way!

Starting out (again)

Squats: 45lb BB 3x5
    OHP: 45lb BB 3x5
    DL: 45lb BB 1x5

+

BB curl: 25lb BB 2x8

Calf
    Raises: 20lb DB's 3x15

Even with taking it easy today, my inner & outer thighs & hamstrings, are feeling like owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Think I will be taking it easy for a little longer for now...... Actually I think I will be taking it easy on the weights from now on, I kept trying to go up and my body just finally said no, this isn't happening anymore. So I will stay on the lighter side and do more reps- I do not want a repeat of my earlier neck injury, or any further injuries! It is good to be back :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 3X 10 X 35

5 miles
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    went to a networking thing and scared the *kitten* out of myself because at least two places asked for my card. stopped at a foreign rec centre on the way home, to do my deload-week deadlifts at 75/85/95.

in street clothes. i went sockfeet for the deadlifts and considered trying for squats as well, but one or two broomstick reps talked me out of that. nothing says buttwink like the belt loop at the back of your pants doing a giant parabola in the mirror.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Worked morning after having an evening shift yesterday, which made for a bit of a tired me today, though I drank a small kiwi redbull for breakfast. It took me a while to just get home in afternoon, the downside of getting out early afternoon is the traffic. Ended up dozing off for almost 30 minutes after 7 pm and considered not going to gym, but started waking up so made myself go. Trying not to skip upper body day so much. Plus, needed to try out push press and set some goals for a contest on bodybuilding.com. Had some rough reps on the press but I'm not used to them and haven't even consistently been doing any overhead pressing lately.

band pull aparts - 3x10
    push press - 2x8 @ 45, 1x6 @ 65, 1x3 @ 85 (testing) then 3x5 @ 75
    tricep pushdown - 3x10 @ 35
    cable bicep curl - 3x10 @ 35
    face pull - 3x8 @ 35
    seated cable row - 3x10 @ 70

Then jogged for 20 minutes.

Have 2 more morning shifts then some how I ended up with Saturday and Sunday off from work. Woot!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X7X 40
    Week four, day three of transitioning from the 35-40 pound kettle bell.

3 miles
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    So... I don't have Saturday off now. I went in to work this morning to discover the schedule had changed. Since I worked yesterday morning, it had to have changed yesterday at some point as they didn't even post until Tuesday afternoon for Thurs-Wed. I could have stayed, as the overnight manager mentioned, but I didn't know when I'd then get a day off and how it would mess up coverage, so I went home though was definitely annoyed. Tried to go back to sleep and had a bad headache that lead to not really getting decent sleep at all. Spent the afternoon with my sister, which is one of the pluses in having today off and this way I'm not working 3 days in a row. I still have Sunday off. Also, working 5 days instead of 4 so that means a little more money. Some good points but yeah, someone needs to get their act together with the scheduling.

Gym went well at least. It was an easy in amount required type of way because the only thing on the program was to get last week's weight for one set but two reps. Workout fueled by In & Out yet again cause it was what my sister wanted. To be hones I don't find it that great, it's just okay but I'm not that into any fast food burgers.

Squat warm up - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x8 @ 135, and with belt 1x4 @ 175
    Squat - 1x2 @ 205 with belt

Then for fun I did some low bar squats. 1x5 @ 135, 1x5 @ 155, 1x8 @ 135 narrow stance, which was different and knee kinda wondered what was going on but not too bad really on depth or anything like that.

I also walked for about 30 minutes. Now to get ready for bed soon cause leave for work at 6 am.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 140

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20X10X35
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    SL's A workout Day 2 (decided I am going to keep track here for myself :) )

Squats: 45lb BB 5x5
    Bench: 45lb BB 5x5
    Chest Rows: 20lb DB's 5x5
    +
    Skull Crushers: 25lb BB 2x8
    Shrugs: 45lb BB 2x10

Not anywhere near as sore as I was on day one, I could barely walk the day after- forget about going up stairs or even getting up out of a chair, holy moly I haven't had day after the workout the day before pain like that in..... I don't think ever!
  • jowaring
    Options
    Today's workout
    Squats 5x5 @60LB still feeling ok with no pain.
    Bench 5X5 @60LB. Managed to finish but felt so heavy.
    Rows 5 5 5 4 3@60 lb.cant believe how much harder these were at 3lbs heavier.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    trainer day yesterday, final day of deload. crappy get-nowhere squats. bench press at 35/40/50, and here comes a new week and the start of another cycle.