Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would like to join if I could?:)
    I am a carb and sugar addict, so just counting the calories and eating in moderation is not something that I can do even with years and years of trying. The only thing that every works for me and makes me feel the best mentally and physically is LC. I have been sober from alcohol for 5 years, and kicked my nicotine habit going on two years. Needless to say I have a HIGHLY addictive personality!!:) Due to smoking for 15 years, I have severe asthma, but I try to walk daily. I play POKEMON GO with my husband and that gets us out and walking. I have lost 25 and have around another 20 to lose. Would love to go the family Christmas party this year feeling great!!:)

Welcome Christina and congrats on your progress and healthy life.

Not sure what you mean by sugar addict but have you thought of switching to fruit? Dried figs from Costco was a big game changer for me few years ago, it sure helped in my sugar cravings.
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    Today's motivation 3qffxqzkaprk.jpeg

Perfect quote for me today. Thanks MoonKat7. I was a bit sluggish today. I was considering a day off. This helped me get my butt on the stairmaster. Eyes on the ball
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    If you google lemon for weight loss or chilli pepper for weight loss you might come across the words "natural fat burner" but please don't over do it, both have serious side effects if you over do or eat them on empty stomach and not all stomachs can handle it.

My dinner:
    100 g eye of round beef
    1/2 cup fresh parsley
    50 g fresh cut lemon without skin
    Cayenne pepper

I usually use crushed chilli peppers to avoid the sodium

1gk7xp4w4chq.jpeg
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    Today's motivation 3qffxqzkaprk.jpeg

Perfect quote for me today. Thanks MoonKat7. I was a bit sluggish today. I was considering a day off. This helped me get my butt on the stairmaster. Eyes on the ball

Trust me we all have a day like that. Happy to hear it helped you :)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Carbs 37g lol I was aiming for 50g. Not complaining hehe great day.

60 min spinning
    All upper body muscles workout and abs

Tomorrow I'm invited to bbq. I hope there would be friendly food. It's complicated to take my own food.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I found this (not mine) and thought of sharing it, think about it? :wink:

Can I make things simple? We really only have two choices. In everything. Either we step forward, or we step back.

Stepping forward takes faith, takes vision, takes commitment, takes trust, takes belief that our actions will take us down the road to our ultimate goals.

Stepping back keeps it "safe", takes no courage, keeps things comfortable, and requires no risk. It is the quintessential "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

So think about those decisions you make today. Are you going to step forward? Or step back?

5of468wf4581.jpg
  • stephanieoverton433
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join your group! Bit of background on me, I feel like I've been on a diet my entire adult life! My weight reached its peak after my 1st son was born (15stone, and I'm only 5'2"), I worked hard to lose it and got down to 12 stone just over a year later....only to discover I was 3 months pregnant!!! Weight obviously went up, but fortunately not as high as first time round.
    My 2nd son is now 3 and a half, and I am down to just under 12 stone, probably the lightest I've been since a teenager, but this is still overweight and I would just love to lose 2 more stone (28lb).
    In the past I've done traditional low fat/calorie counting but it just isn't working for me anymore, I'm bored to death by it! Si that is why , 2 weeks ago, I began eating low carb, and so far I'm enjoying it. However I've only lost 2lb, it's a little disheartening when I read about people dropping 5-8lb in their first week!!
    I'd like to know how low you all go with your carbs. Having researched low carb diets online, they seem to vary from 20g to 50g per day. I've struggled with staying under 20net, I love my veggies! And also it's a hard adjustment to eating so much more fat than before, it goes against everything my head tells me! Delicious though!! So generally I eat between 30 and 45 net carbs daily, does this sound ok? Also it's hard work logging accurately in mfp as UK food labels show net carbs and fibre separately, but all the American ones on mfp show huge total carbs that I would need to remove the fibre from. It's so much effort, I just don't want to get sick of it and give up, even though I'm enjoying the food. (I'm wary of not logging as I personally need to keep track of calories, too easy for me to over eat!)
    So thank you everyone, sorry for such a long post, just wanted to tell you all about me!!!
    Hope you're all having a great day (though it's probably night time now for those in America!)
    Xxxxx
  • stephanieoverton433
    Options
    P.s. I should clarify that it's not the American way of subtracting fibre from total carbs that is too much effort, it's combining that with my UK food so at the end of the day some entries need adjusting and others not!!!x
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join your group! Bit of background on me, I feel like I've been on a diet my entire adult life! My weight reached its peak after my 1st son was born (15stone, and I'm only 5'2"), I worked hard to lose it and got down to 12 stone just over a year later....only to discover I was 3 months pregnant!!! Weight obviously went up, but fortunately not as high as first time round.
    My 2nd son is now 3 and a half, and I am down to just under 12 stone, probably the lightest I've been since a teenager, but this is still overweight and I would just love to lose 2 more stone (28lb).
    In the past I've done traditional low fat/calorie counting but it just isn't working for me anymore, I'm bored to death by it! Si that is why , 2 weeks ago, I began eating low carb, and so far I'm enjoying it. However I've only lost 2lb, it's a little disheartening when I read about people dropping 5-8lb in their first week!!
    I'd like to know how low you all go with your carbs. Having researched low carb diets online, they seem to vary from 20g to 50g per day. I've struggled with staying under 20net, I love my veggies! And also it's a hard adjustment to eating so much more fat than before, it goes against everything my head tells me! Delicious though!! So generally I eat between 30 and 45 net carbs daily, does this sound ok? Also it's hard work logging accurately in mfp as UK food labels show net carbs and fibre separately, but all the American ones on mfp show huge total carbs that I would need to remove the fibre from. It's so much effort, I just don't want to get sick of it and give up, even though I'm enjoying the food. (I'm wary of not logging as I personally need to keep track of calories, too easy for me to over eat!)
    So thank you everyone, sorry for such a long post, just wanted to tell you all about me!!!
    Hope you're all having a great day (though it's probably night time now for those in America!)
    Xxxxx

Hi Stephanie and welcome. :)

I don't count net carbs so I hope the keto ladies will help you in this.

Have you heard of GI Diet? It works on 3 food lists depending on their effect on the blood sugar so if you eat from the low GI food index for 6 months which is phase 1 you will lose weight.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    It's Saturday and its weigh in day for some of us.

Did you meet your mini goal?

Surprisingly I met my goal and lost more. Wasn't a good week for me so I'm very thankful.
    I lost 1.4 lbs
    My new mini goal is to lose 1-2 lbs

Again, if you haven't met your mini goal please don't stress and eat.
    Focus on this last week, where did it go wrong? how to improve it to lose the weight.

You either win or learn ;)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    yay nice loss moonkat. I didn't have the greatest week either but was happy to meet mini goal.

here is to a better week next week.

hi stephanie :smile:
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    yay nice loss moonkat. I didn't have the greatest week either but was happy to meet mini goal.

here is to a better week next week.

hi stephanie :smile:

SWEET!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's motivation 7b97jecfoep0.jpeg
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Stephanie,

I do high protein low carbs moderate to low fat (my tummy can't handle too much fat, it makes me sick)
    I played around with macros till I found what works for me so you might have to play around too till you find what works for you as each body is different

I aim for 50g carbs but this is not net carbs, if I calculate the net carbs it will be around 30g maybe less but my life is very active so I keep it at 50g and I have muscles to think of, I don't want to lose my muscles

I don't eat bread, pasta, rice ..etc I eat 2 slices a day of Ryvita Bread, one with breakfast and one with lunch, which are usually my pre and post workout meals, If I had to workout in a different time than I'll try to eat something with carbs post workout but make sure I won't go too much over my macros.

Fruit 2 servings a day, around 10-11 am and 3-4 pm, no fruit after 5 pm as it's sugar and I go for low carbs fruit like strawberry

Only complex carbs in the evening, a lot of protein, a lot of egg white (breakfast, snacks), fresh cut lemon no skin (I swallow it I don't chew it as too much of it can hurt the teeth), crushed chili pepper for cooking (I like my food spicy), I go for veggies with low carbs like broccoli

A lot of water minimum 2L a day, herbal teas, fruit teas, no dairy and only a little stevia (1/4 teaspoon per big mug)

Lemon water is a good option if you can't stand the lemon taste.

For me it's no more a diet bec I feel great, one I eat the normal meals even if it was homemade I don't feel good, I enjoy it at the time but later I'm like NO

From time to time I do enjoy ice cream, cake, dinning out but just one meal or one day if I've been dieting for months

I don't drink alcohol, I used to socially now even socially I don't (which is YAY for my family and friends, guess who's driving lol), If I have to choose between alcohol and chocolate I'm choosing the chocolate, both of them will make me gain fat and force me to do extra cardio so I choose the one I'll enjoy the most lol

Hope these info help!
  • stephanieoverton433
    Options
    Stephanie,

I do high protein low carbs moderate to low fat (my tummy can't handle too much fat, it makes me sick)
    I played around with macros till I found what works for me so you might have to play around too till you find what works for you as each body is different

I aim for 50g carbs but this is not net carbs, if I calculate the net carbs it will be around 30g maybe less but my life is very active so I keep it at 50g and I have muscles to think of, I don't want to lose my muscles

I don't eat bread, pasta, rice ..etc I eat 2 slices a day of Ryvita Bread, one with breakfast and one with lunch, which are usually my pre and post workout meals, If I had to workout in a different time than I'll try to eat something with carbs post workout but make sure I won't go too much over my macros.

Fruit 2 servings a day, around 10-11 am and 3-4 pm, no fruit after 5 pm as it's sugar and I go for low carbs fruit like strawberry

Only complex carbs in the evening, a lot of protein, a lot of egg white (breakfast, snacks), fresh cut lemon no skin (I swallow it I don't chew it as too much of it can hurt the teeth), crushed chili pepper for cooking (I like my food spicy), I go for veggies with low carbs like broccoli

A lot of water minimum 2L a day, herbal teas, fruit teas, no dairy and only a little stevia (1/4 teaspoon per big mug)

Lemon water is a good option if you can't stand the lemon taste.

For me it's no more a diet bec I feel great, one I eat the normal meals even if it was homemade I don't feel good, I enjoy it at the time but later I'm like NO

From time to time I do enjoy ice cream, cake, dinning out but just one meal or one day if I've been dieting for months

I don't drink alcohol, I used to socially now even socially I don't (which is YAY for my family and friends, guess who's driving lol), If I have to choose between alcohol and chocolate I'm choosing the chocolate, both of them will make me gain fat and force me to do extra cardio so I choose the one I'll enjoy the most lol

Hope these info help!

Thank you so much for all that info, I feel there's so much to learn! Referring to your other reply to me, I will indeed look into GI, sounds interesting. I have a feeling that after a lot of reading I've come to think "I must have ketosis to lose weight", but maybe there are other ways.

Any how, I'm definitely going over my calories today as am preparing a scrumptious (low carb)Indian feast for dinner, it's gonna be good! Macros are also pretty spot on percentage wise so I'm not stressing the calories today
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    FOOD:

Breakfast - Bulletproof coffee

Lunch - LCHF Cinnamon Cereal with Double Cream Yoghurt. 3 Tablespoons Whey. 5 teaspoons LCHF Ice cream. (I wanted the taste lol) Coffee

Dinner - Variety plate with cheese, salami, pickles, tomato, biltong, and a side salad of spinach and...well, just spinach, topped with guacamole and a spicy relish. Tea

WORKOUT - 21min jogging - Jog for 4min, 5 times throughout the day.
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I thought I posted here this morning but guess not. I'm down 1.2 for the week, but had perfect timing and started my shark week last night. Oh well. I hope the typical up tick and/or stall doesn't stick with me for too many days. Feeling incredibly snacky today and just keeping to on plan items.
  • MoonKat7
    edited September 2016
    Options
    One of my top fav motivation videos, also the best 6 rules of life, I shared it with my best friend today and thought of sharing it here too :smile:
    https://www.facebook.com/TheBodybuildingNation/videos/358805400915022/

z7nyraidkrua.jpg
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    Options
    Not checked in for a couple of days. Car broke in Friday which scuppered my gym plans which was annoying! Went well over my carb and calorie total but to be honest it was too much good stuff rather than naughties!

Yesterday did a 5km straight swim in the pool and clocked in at 77mins 20seconds so starting to get closer to 15min per 1km. Felt strong and could have pushed harder but wasnt sure how to pace it.

Macros were out as went over to sisters house and was fed sweet potatoe wedges!! Only had a few but blew out my carb total. I also downed a lucozade which I thought was the lite version only to find it had 35g carbs so annoyed about my lack of observation! However, I feel good today, not ravenous like usual, so perhaps electrolite dissovable tablets might be the way forward! Any suggestions?