Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    A quick post. Read here about eating cinnamon for sugar craving
    http://cinnamonvogue.com/blog/6-reasons-why-cinnamon-can-kill-your-sugar-cravings/

I have actually read about this. I used to do it all the time while I was eat High Carb Low Fat, and it never worked (gee, I wonder why? Lol) Might have to add some.

I've toyed with the idea that it might be because of lady time, but my cycle is so all over the place (still adapting to keto) that I'm never sure when's what. I have experienced a common symptom I always have around that time, which is constipation. Which is why I thought it a possibility.

I guess if it is hormones, it just caught me off guard. I usually need to be very vigilant and mindful to not overeat at that time. Le sigh.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    A quick post. Read here about eating cinnamon for sugar craving
    http://cinnamonvogue.com/blog/6-reasons-why-cinnamon-can-kill-your-sugar-cravings/

I have actually read about this. I used to do it all the time while I was eat High Carb Low Fat, and it never worked (gee, I wonder why? Lol) Might have to add some.

I've toyed with the idea that it might be because of lady time, but my cycle is so all over the place (still adapting to keto) that I'm never sure when's what. I have experienced a common symptom I always have around that time, which is constipation. Which is why I thought it a possibility.

I guess if it is hormones, it just caught me off guard. I usually need to be very vigilant and mindful to not overeat at that time. Le sigh.

I've used it and it worked for me. I do high protein low carb moderate to low fat

I guess it depends on the macros maybe, high carb lead to spike in the blood sugar.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's motivation
    oz1zle71xctf.jpeg

Today's sexy post I mean laugh haha
    m2lxn0i85k1l.jpeg
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Got2lose43 wrote: »
    Im hoping to lose 28lb by Christmas... I am banned from the gym by physio at least a month but been banned from anything but spin for a long time ...I love running and done 2 marathons but not allowed to do that now until they sort out whats wrong with me booohooo..just off shopping to get my foods sorted then on for a good day :) love reading all your posts it gives me ideas :)

Why banned? An injury? If it's ok to ask :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Im not a super active poster, but wanted to let you know Im here and working on it! Hit the iron last night after 2 WEEKS off...damn labor day! Feeling good today. Focusing on my diet!
    I like the funnies @MoonKat7 ! Really cute!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Ladies. Your posts and the way you support each other is AMAZING :heart:

Thank you for making this thread very friendly and supportive.

It's Wednesday which is a weigh in day for some of you. You don't need to post anything but write down your weight and take body measurements on a paper to compare in the future.

Sometimes the scale doesn't move but you've lost size so having both written down would be good for those days. :wink:
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Im not a super active poster, but wanted to let you know Im here and working on it! Hit the iron last night after 2 WEEKS off...damn labor day! Feeling good today. Focusing on my diet!
    I like the funnies @MoonKat7 ! Really cute!

Happy to hear :)
  • Shadowmf023
    edited September 2016
    Options
    FOOD:

Breakfast - 2 eggs topped with ham and cheese and microwaved. Bulletproof coffee.

4pm - Toasted keto bread sandwich with tomato, avocado and ham. Coffee

Dinner - Low carb seed crackers topped with combinations of cream cheese, pickles, cherry tomatoes and mozerella. Vanilla and honeybush tea.

WORKOUT:
    1 Hour weight lifting (upper body). 65min walking. And then later (because Gallowmere said so
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    Because my tablet wont send the whole post...Gallowmere said to lift more. So I lifted an extra hour, lowerbody.
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join the group if there's room.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    Hi! I'd like to join the group if there's room.

For sure. Welcome :)

What's your story?
  • gorilita
    Options
    I have got 40lb to lose. I am doing keto at 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. I have been slacking off with my portion control so the weight is not coming off as it should. I want to zero in on that; log everything and weigh my food instead of eye-balling my serving sizes. I hope joining this thread will help me stay focused and motivated. Working out is not a big deal for me. I do weight training (I love to lift), HIITs, and I bike in the morning 2-3 a week (not a morning person); a total of at least an hour 6 days a week.

My daily goal is 140g fat, 113g of protein, and 23g of carbs. I drink 100oz of water. I will report my daily totals later today.

Thanks for welcoming me into the group!
  • Got2lose43
    Got2lose43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @MoonKat7 yeah its fine to ask..I have had hip pain for a year and they reckon its a bad imflammation of the joint ... so been going to physio now about 3 months and no further on it making it better...Really miss my running!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    @MoonKat7 yeah its fine to ask..I have had hip pain for a year and they reckon its a bad imflammation of the joint ... so been going to physio now about 3 months and no further on it making it better...Really miss my running!

I wish you fast recovery!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's update.

Carbs 38g. I don't count net carbs but was curious since it was mentioned. So netcarbs 22g

No workout. Rest day.
  • gorilita
    Options

Sorry to hear that. Injuries can have a very demorilizing effect especially if they prevent you from doing what you love. I have been dealing with the same thing for over a year. I am too stubborn (or stupid) to go see a doctor so I've been avoiding things that cause pain.
    I hope physio starts working for you.
  • gorilita
    Options
    I had an exemplary day today. I stayed on point with calories and macros. I had an awesome 3lb loss weigh in, and lifted heavy (for me). First time did a 100lb deadlift. Overall a good day. Hope you ladies had a good day as well
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    today went good. I got a short walk in before hospital. had a good breakfast and packed my lunch. I didn't expect to still be at hospital so I'm stuck with caf food but will hopefully be able to find something.

I love that there was no stress eating today. 4 months ago I'd have eaten a weeks worth of calories today...and all carbs lol!

they should have a gym at hospitals for people waiting for family to get out of surgery!!

I can't wait to weigh Saturday! thanks for starting this thread moonkat it totally remotivated me!

I'm very happy to hear you're motivated by this thread, you made my day :smiley:

How's your daughter doing?

Yes they should have a gym at the hospital for everyone starting with doctors and nurses. And remove the fast food and chocolate vendors from the hospital.

daughter is in a lot of pain...we ended up staying over as they kept her on morphine :scream: in 8 weeks she starts pt to bend her knee. I'm so happy we are home!!!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Injuries can have a very demorilizing effect especially if they prevent you from doing what you love. I have been dealing with the same thing for over a year. I am too stubborn (or stupid) to go see a doctor so I've been avoiding things that cause pain.
    I hope physio starts working for you.

Why wouldn't you go see a doctor? Specially you do weight training.

I've seen a physio. chiro and last Monday an RMT, which I might book another session if the pain didn't go.

You have to take good care of yourself ;)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I had an exemplary day today. I stayed on point with calories and macros. I had an awesome 3lb loss weigh in, and lifted heavy (for me). First time did a 100lb deadlift. Overall a good day. Hope you ladies had a good day as well

Sweet, great job on the deadlift.