Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Went way over on everything yesterday which pushed my calories pretty high. I also had alcohol...3 vodka/diet 7s...sure I'm out of ketosis this morning because of it. Not drinking on the weekends is a struggle for me! I did get 50 minutes in on the treadmill so that's good!

114 P, 21 C (17 net), 114 F
  • option3girl
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    Question to everyone:

We have our long term goal of how many lbs or kg we would like to lose but we don't have short term goal, would you like to set a goal for each week?

Like losing 1-2 lbs per week
    we set a day for weighing, maybe each Saturday if it works for everyone

so all of us we will focus on losing the 1-2 lbs per week, you might lose more but the idea is having a short term goal and focusing on achieving it

What do you think?

I think it's a great idea. Any day is fine with me because I'm a daily weigher, but Saturday sounds good. Thanks!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Went way over on everything yesterday which pushed my calories pretty high. I also had alcohol...3 vodka/diet 7s...sure I'm out of ketosis this morning because of it. Not drinking on the weekends is a struggle for me! I did get 50 minutes in on the treadmill so that's good!

114 P, 21 C (17 net), 114 F

That's alright, probably burned off some alcohol on the treadmill anyhoo. :wink: just get back to it today!
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    May I join in? I am on a health journey. I'm 61 years old and I have just been diagnosed with prediabetes, which is really sad because I used to be an athlete. A decade ago, I was a long distance cyclist and a Crossfit coach. A series of really bad *kitten* happened: Lyme Disease, two spine operations, an autoimmune condition, two critically ill children (one right after the other!). During my recovery from my spine problems, I could barely walk for 18 months, so my entire identity as an athlete went pfffft.

I tried WW and gained more weight back after losing some, and I was hungry all the time. So here I am.

I've set my net carbs to 20 gms. and my calories to 1500. I will likely keep this until I've lost 10% of my 200 lbs.

I've also just hired a personal trainer to help me regain some muscle and strength. I am weak as a kitten.

I'm taking it a little easy as with as much stress as I have in my life (my adult child has autism and requires a great deal of care) I can't overdo HIT. I'm focusing on strength training and just relaxing walking every day for now. When I have more energy, I will ramp up!

Wishing everybody a successful journey and a great day!

Rosey
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    Roseygirl1 wrote: »
    May I join in? I am on a health journey. I'm 61 years old and I have just been diagnosed with prediabetes, which is really sad because I used to be an athlete. A decade ago, I was a long distance cyclist and a Crossfit coach. A series of really bad *kitten* happened: Lyme Disease, two spine operations, an autoimmune condition, two critically ill children (one right after the other!). During my recovery from my spine problems, I could barely walk for 18 months, so my entire identity as an athlete went pfffft.

I tried WW and gained more weight back after losing some, and I was hungry all the time. So here I am.

I've set my net carbs to 20 gms. and my calories to 1500. I will likely keep this until I've lost 10% of my 200 lbs.

I've also just hired a personal trainer to help me regain some muscle and strength. I am weak as a kitten.

I'm taking it a little easy as with as much stress as I have in my life (my adult child has autism and requires a great deal of care) I can't overdo HIT. I'm focusing on strength training and just relaxing walking every day for now. When I have more energy, I will ramp up!

Rosey

Welcome! :blush:
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Roseygirl1 wrote: »

Rosey

Welcome Rosey and good luck! :)
  • MoonKat7
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So today starting my short term goal.
    Currently my weight is :):):) .08 haha hey we gotta have fun right?

So by Saturday the 0.8 must GO!

Just a note. If you didn't reach your short term goal don't stress and eat. Focus on how to improve your meal plan and workout.

Remember. You don't lose, you either win or learn.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's motivation cpjguekk8cvl.jpeg
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    FOOD:

03:20am Snack (Lol) - 1 cherry tomato, 1 gingercookie, a glass of water and coffee.

Breakfast - Microwave Coconut Porridge (1/4 cup dessicated coconut and 1/4 cup cream, 1 tsp butter, microwaved for a minute.)

Post workout - 30g Protein shake blended with frozen yoghurt, and 1 cup orange chocolate flavoured coffee

Lunch - 2 slices fathead pizza, with toppings of; tomato paste, mozzarella, salami and mushrooms. 1 ginger cookie with coffee.

Dinner - Chocolate Ceylon Tea

WORKOUT:
    We did 10 minutes rowing, 2 sets of 20 bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, and shoulder press while walking on the treadmill, and ab work the rest of the time. 65min extra walking at home.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    My friend posted this motivational video today.
    https://youtu.be/u8On7oJIv-0
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    Options
    Fell off the horse yesterday and ate my body weight in cheese and drank a bottle of wine! Slept badly and woke up stiff as a board (alcohol makes my body seize!).

BUT....today was a good day food wise. Went swimming for 90 mins and started sprint training. Joints kicked up a bit but thats probably down to drinking last night and my first sprint session since having this crappy disease. Had a bit of a wobble getting dressed, but gave myself a mental slap and pulled myself together!!!

I like to weigh in on Wednesdays as well as i'm usually focused during the week!

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    great video moonkat

glad your back on track Victoria.

I did good with food today and exercise. it was sooooo cold in the pool today...almost didn't do it lol!

tomorrow is daughters knee surgery. my back is better my workout was great today! plan for tomorrow get up early for a walk and pack lunch and dinner for hospital. I wish I could swim while I wait for surgery to be done...so much better than pacing.

I'm good with Saturday weigh ins too.

moonkat sorry to hear your friends moved away!!
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Seven months in. No cheats! No cravings. I have even started bulletproof coffee.......I am a tea lover, so getting into the coffee thing has been baby steps. I will only drink BPC on solid aerobic exercise days because it still tastes vile to me. The caffeine would cause side effects if I did not head to the pool right after I drank it. Shotting for goal weight by Christmas. Thank you Ketogenic group!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Fell off the horse yesterday and ate my body weight in cheese and drank a bottle of wine! Slept badly and woke up stiff as a board (alcohol makes my body seize!).

BUT....today was a good day food wise. Went swimming for 90 mins and started sprint training. Joints kicked up a bit but thats probably down to drinking last night and my first sprint session since having this crappy disease. Had a bit of a wobble getting dressed, but gave myself a mental slap and pulled myself together!!!

I like to weigh in on Wednesdays as well as i'm usually focused during the week!

We all have a day like that, happy to hear today was a good day for you.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    great video moonkat

glad your back on track Victoria.

I did good with food today and exercise. it was sooooo cold in the pool today...almost didn't do it lol!

tomorrow is daughters knee surgery. my back is better my workout was great today! plan for tomorrow get up early for a walk and pack lunch and dinner for hospital. I wish I could swim while I wait for surgery to be done...so much better than pacing.

I'm good with Saturday weigh ins too.

moonkat sorry to hear your friends moved away!!

I hope your daughter's knee surgery be a smooth and successful. Wishing her a fast recovery too.
    Yes we are sorry too, it's not easy finding good friends these days.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today was good
    carbs 50 g and that's all I'm focusing on :wink:
    water 3L
    workout: legs, abs and 30 min spinning
    new PR in hip thrust, new ab exercise

As for the weigh in day, I'm thinking of having 2 days, each Wednesday and Saturday, choose a day that works for you, if for any reason you missed Wednesday you can weigh in on Saturday :wink:

I'm used to Saturdays so I'll weigh in each Saturday.
  • option3girl
    Options
    Did great yesterday. Macros were on point. Feel good this morning.

Headed to a full day mtg today where they are serving breakfast and lunch. Ugh. Have two of these this week. I called ahead and discovered they are serving what??? Carbs, that's right, basically pure carbs. So! Having a protein shake on the drive in and packing my own lunch. Probably will need to do the same thing on Friday. Not leaving anything to chance here folks!

Not back in ketosis yet, but headed in the right direction.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    Did great yesterday. Macros were on point. Feel good this morning.

Headed to a full day mtg today where they are serving breakfast and lunch. Ugh. Have two of these this week. I called ahead and discovered they are serving what??? Carbs, that's right, basically pure carbs. So! Having a protein shake on the drive in and packing my own lunch. Probably will need to do the same thing on Friday. Not leaving anything to chance here folks!

Not back in ketosis yet, but headed in the right direction.

No meats even??? Seriously???? Geez. :neutral:
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    FOOD:

Breakfast - A single serving of this recipe - http://holisticallyengineered.com/2013/05/instant-cinnamon-oatmeal-low-carb.html . I only added sugar free raspberry jelly powder instead of the cinnamon. 1 cup Chocolate orange coffee.

Post-workout snack - 3 Lindt Dark chocolate truffles.

Lunch - 1 Slice fathead pizza, 1 cup spinach, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 teaspoon honey mustard dressing, mixed with some mayo (to make it more and add some fat). A piece of beef jerky. And..some pickle juice. Lol

Dinner - Coffee and 8 LCHF gingercookies.

The cookies are fat bombs essentially. With 14g fat p/cookie. I had some...plumbing issues... So breakfast was high fibre, and dinner was high fat... Plumbing is working fine now. ;)

WORKOUT:
    15 minutes spinning, switching between level 1-3 every minute. 20x3 closed squats, duck squats, lunges and calf raises. 20x3 push ups, crunches, planks (45sec x3), bridges and back extensions.