Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Food intake is good. I made some grainless bars that @Shadowmf023 kindly linked, but I think it might be too many carbs for me because I'm feeling hungry first thing in the morning and I wasn't before. I don't know, I'll play with it...because I love them! Maybe I'm too new to the process and can handle them better later. Is that a thing?

I bought a kettlebell last night. Only 10 pounds, but it's a start. :) I hope to do that a few evenings a week in addition to the hiking we've been doing on the weekend (we live in the mountains so hiking trails abound).

I heard it might be a thing. But it could just be that they have too many carbs for you to tolerate, as you said. Maybe add more fat alongside it? I usually have my bar with my bulletproof coffee.

I'll try that! I'd like to do IF because it just works for my schedule in addition to other benefits and they were supposed to be my afternoon snack with coffee...but have turned into a morning today and yesterday.

But I'm so happy that my kids love them! I primarily used sunflower seeds, hemp and flax with a little cashew so I feel really good giving it to them. Thank you for the recipe!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Food intake is good. I made some grainless bars that @Shadowmf023 kindly linked, but I think it might be too many carbs for me because I'm feeling hungry first thing in the morning and I wasn't before. I don't know, I'll play with it...because I love them! Maybe I'm too new to the process and can handle them better later. Is that a thing?

I bought a kettlebell last night. Only 10 pounds, but it's a start. :) I hope to do that a few evenings a week in addition to the hiking we've been doing on the weekend (we live in the mountains so hiking trails abound).

I heard it might be a thing. But it could just be that they have too many carbs for you to tolerate, as you said. Maybe add more fat alongside it? I usually have my bar with my bulletproof coffee.

I'll try that! I'd like to do IF because it just works for my schedule in addition to other benefits and they were supposed to be my afternoon snack with coffee...but have turned into a morning today and yesterday.

But I'm so happy that my kids love them! I primarily used sunflower seeds, hemp and flax with a little cashew so I feel really good giving it to them. Thank you for the recipe!

You're welcome! A quick note - cashew nuts are highest in carbs out of all the nuts. So perhaps replacing them with something else might bring it down slightly.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    I only log my food on MFP I don't log the weight training and cardio. Bec:
    1 I'm trying to lose body fat so I should be committed to my meal plan no matter what
    2 seeing the burned cals will trick the brain to allowing the cheating on the meal plan bec I burned this much cals it won't hurt to eat this

Drop sets can also be done within one set like lifting 20 lbs for 5 reps and you can't do anymore reps with the 20 lbs so immediately without rest you finish the rest of the reps with 15 lbs
    It's good idea to start with the weaker arm and do exactly what you did for the other arm.

It's not quite a weaker arm, they are both weak with certain exercises. But I struggle a lot with bench press and bicep curls (bicep curls especially, because I can't straighten my arm and do a full one, beyond a certain point in lowering, I struggle to lift my arm back up at all - same with preacher curls), they are the lower weight ones. The rest are all higher than those two.

I meant it as a general rule if you're doing single arm exercises or even for single leg exercises, always start with the weaker side ;)

Bench press is one of the strength exercises, you know you've become strong when you can do it but be careful that's how I injured my shoulder. I now do smith machine bench press, I go heavy and I don't have a spotter, better safe than sorry.

as for bicep curls, there are a lot of variation, which one are you doing?
    I'm thinking of concentration bicep curls but don't go heavy, pick a weight that you can do a full bicep curl and work your way up. Try it and see if you can do a full curl

I did a quick video search and found this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AUGkch3tzc
  • MoonKat7
    Options

Just curious, why not start your day (breakfast) with eggs? Protein will keep you full longer and it's not any protein eggs is a complete protein

I noticed you said flax, Flax, Soy, too much mint all these food increases the estrogen in the body. Some agree and some don't, personally I avoid them, the choice is yours :)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's Motivation
    pp3w5sk3ar47.png

Today's Laugh ;)
    imyx1vs5t1it.png
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Just curious, why not start your day (breakfast) with eggs? Protein will keep you full longer and it's not any protein eggs is a complete protein

I noticed you said flax, Flax, Soy, too much mint all these food increases the estrogen in the body. Some agree and some don't, personally I avoid them, the choice is yours :)

Usually I do. We have 13 chickens...eggs are plentiful in our house. :)

I had the bars this week at work on hand for an afternoon snack if I needed it, but ended up eating one in the morning the last two days because I was really hungry...I haven't been hungry in the mornings other than that and have been IF with my eating window starting at 1. Maybe it's just a willpower thing, but I was wondering if there was a connection - carbier (for me) nut/seed bars one day, hungrier the next.

I agree with soy and avoid it for that reason among others. I hadn't heard the same was true for flax, I'll look into that. Thanks!
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    @Moonkat7 - It depends on what the group does that day. Sometimes I do the machine bicep curl, and other times I do a standing one with dumbbells. Just lifting both arms up at the same time. But yeah, my arm just "locks out" on me when I go below a certain point. It's really annoying.

I can't do very heavy with the bench press yet, but I'm getting there. For the set of 12, I started with 20lb today, and when I got to the set of 6, I had changed the weight to 40lb.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    shadow I've been struggling with binging too tje last few days. I don't know why can't put my finger on it. first time since I started in may. I did notice my carbs slowly creeping up so I'm watching that today.

I'm planning a rest day today maybe a walk later but I just feel so run down. first day in two weeks or is 3 now I have had an hour to myself as my daughter went back to school. I can get back to focusing on my goal. good news got my fasting insulin back and it is finally within normal range....4 months hard work and yay!

bought some weights the land version and ready to start tomorrow.....heavy bag is next.

good day to all.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    shadow I've been struggling with binging too tje last few days. I don't know why can't put my finger on it. first time since I started in may. I did notice my carbs slowly creeping up so I'm watching that today.

I'm planning a rest day today maybe a walk later but I just feel so run down. first day in two weeks or is 3 now I have had an hour to myself as my daughter went back to school. I can get back to focusing on my goal. good news got my fasting insulin back and it is finally within normal range....4 months hard work and yay!

bought some weights the land version and ready to start tomorrow.....heavy bag is next.

good day to all.

Binging really sucks. But it's just a bump in the road. We'll get back on that wagon! .... As soon as we find it... lol
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    ya I hate it the worst part is I have a great day and then 10 minutes before bed I stuff my face. I lowered carbs today and feel much better!!

going out with friends and plan to have 1 drink. now to find something that's not filled with sugar.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    ya I hate it the worst part is I have a great day and then 10 minutes before bed I stuff my face. I lowered carbs today and feel much better!!

going out with friends and plan to have 1 drink. now to find something that's not filled with sugar.

When I get hungry before bed. I cook 2 egg white ;)
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in a major stall! I'm sticking with the plan but not seeing any loss this week. In fact, I'm up a bit. Sigh...hate fluctuations.
  • treehugnmama
    Options

When I get hungry before bed. I cook 2 egg white ;)

Thanks moonkat....I'm not hungry before bed it's a mental thing.

had a good night last night no snacking. went out with friends and no diet soda so I had rum amd water
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    I'm in a major stall! I'm sticking with the plan but not seeing any loss this week. In fact, I'm up a bit. Sigh...hate fluctuations.

if your sticking to plan I'm sure it will come off next week. I had a gain of a pound on Wed but I got on the scale today and it was gone today.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's motivation
    bz77kws7p1yw.jpeg
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's laugh :wink:
    7xos77v4f6lm.jpeg
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    so I got on the scale today and was down the small gain plus .6 pounds. so small loss but it made me 239.8 so I got to say goodbye to the 240s yay! I was 240 when I did a half marathon in 2010 which means I can start training for another soon
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Same weight from last Saturday, not complaining as I had 2 high carb days and mostly rest days.
    So this week, I have to lose the 1 lbs
  • MoonKat7
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If you're interested.

I've joined my friends for an 8 weeks Challenge both working out and nutrition Starting tomorrow Sunday sept 25

we can do the same challenge here, what you need to do:
    Take a before pic, you don't need to post it, it's for you to compare and motivate after the 8 weeks are done

Take your body measurements, chest, natural waist, lower ab waist, hip, thighs, arms, write it down on a paper

write down your goals, what will you do in the coming 8 weeks to lose weight? like no more snacking unless it's a snack time according to your meal plan, more water, no bread, 3 times a week cardio ,,,etc (you may post it here or keep it to yourself but if you post it you'll be more committed)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    also for the challenge,

Posting/logging your daily workout and nutrition