Any girls here on 1200?

Options

Replies

• whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The messaging system does not appear to be working at the moment (not sure if it's just me, or site-wide) so feel free to add me, if you would like. I've only been on MFP for 10 days now, so I have no friends. Don't need much interaction (I'm not a terribly "social" person) but it's nice to have someone to be accountable with/supported by.
    :)
  • mdeno80
    mdeno80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im on 1200 too. Just "restarted" after ballooning over the last 10months. Find it easy to stick in the 1200, usually 1000-1100 a day unless cardio then it is hard for me to stick to it. 162cm and 10kg to shed...
  • kogome
    kogome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I'm also at 1200
  • shnaz7
    shnaz7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
    I aim between 1200-1600 a day depending on if I exercise or not.

I'm finding it incredibly hard and usually end up in the higher end of my calorie range, so it would be nice to have a reason to be accountable ;)
  • skinnyupthegirl
    skinnyupthegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    just started again, going to stick to 1200, with active workouts (varying throughout the week)

only problem is I'm a chef, and it's pretty difficult counting those pesky calories when you have to taste things constantly for work....just going to try hard to limit tasting without compromising my good cooking!

Lucky thing about being a chef, knowing about good ways to make healthy food interesting!

add me! :)
  • Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me!!! 1100 is my goal and I workout 6 days a week. Most days I'm below or right at the 1100 mark while others day....yikes
  • joancollinsbitch
    Options
    I'm on 1200 also, but I find it really hard to stick to that number in December. What do you all do with exercise calories? Do you eat them back, or use them to even more reduce consumed calories? And do you track calories burned by walking. I live in small town, and I don't use car, instead I walk.
  • 33scrappy
    33scrappy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the same boat feel free to add.
  • julie10242016
    julie10242016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 1200 cals, I am good with it, not struggling too much to stay under. I still have 30 pounds to lose but am down 12! I am 5'1 and started at 167 and I am now 155, I would like to be at least 120, (my pre-baby weight)
  • mrspowell80
    mrspowell80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 - 1300 per day. I'm 36, 5'0" (152.4 cm) and weigh 120.4 lbs (54.6 kg). My goal is 105 lbs (47.6 kg).
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1200-1300 per day, but I've been struggling to hit it lately. With so little to lose and being short, there is so little room for error, so I do not eat back exercise calories. If it was an active day and I'm truly hungry, I'll maybe go up to 1400, but I really don't want to wipe out the small deficit I make!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm also a 1200-er. And this is my first post here !!!
  • fitfunjamey
    fitfunjamey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1200-1300 per day, but I've been struggling to hit it lately. With so little to lose and being short, there is so little room for error, so I do not eat back exercise calories. If it was an active day and I'm truly hungry, I'll maybe go up to 1400, but I really don't want to wipe out the small deficit I make!

I hear ya! I'm 5'2" & eat my exercise calories but I really don't think I need to in order to feel full...I just want to ;)
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a bit different I guess. I've been at 1200 cals for over a year and was no longer seeing progress.

Plus, it was becoming more and more difficult to stick to that.

So I shifted my focus from weight loss to building muscle mass. New muscle will burn more calories while at rest, making it easier to stay lean. It might also be the only way I get rid of stubborn fat.

So in order to build muscle, I'm on a 2200 calories diet and weightlifting workout plan. Almost 3 weeks in now and I've honestly never felt better. It was really time for me to make that switch. I look forward to see the results once I'm done with the bulk and start shredding. :)
  • ashleymariko
    ashleymariko Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first post but it's so good to see other people at the same number too! I'm only 5'2", the smallest of almost everyone in my life, and they have been pressuring me to eat more, saying that 1200 is unhealthy. I was starting to feel like I was doing something really wrong, but am delighted to see I'm not alone :)

Would love to add new support friends, especially those with tips and advice for being healthy as a short girl. Am currently 123, aiming for 110.
  • toriobie131
    toriobie131 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at staying in the 1200 calorie range! I was told to keep my meals late so then i wouldn't eat that much at night when i'm chilling around.
  • rjhangia
    rjhangia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 range too! Weekdays are easy, but it's very hard for me to stay under 1200 on weekend nights! With so little room to spare, even one glass of wine and a dinner out throws my diary off. Would love to add new friends to help each other stay accountable :)
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 1200 calories with an open diary, feel free to add me ladies! Yesterday was absolutely awful and I ate about 2,500 calories (donuts, fried food, beer, sushi... omg). I've been using MFP on/off for a few years actually but I recently started back up last week. That was actually the first "bad day" I bothered to log and it was honestly an educational experience to see how fast everything added up.

Some stats: 21 yo, 5'5
    HW - 158 lbs
    SW - 151
    CW - 149
    UGW - 125
    Typically throughout high school I would fluctuate between 135-145, so I'd love to get back in that range at least.
  • tkwd91
    tkwd91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started my health journey a few months ago and have lost 12kg so far. I'm on 1200 but generally consume under or around 1100. I have always been on the heavier side for my body, but currently the lightest I can remember. My main goal is to work towards getting rid of the excess fat and lean up. Feel free to friend/add me :) Its nice to see so many people in the same boat.
  • glavian2017
    glavian2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in!