4 Legged Friends

13»

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    awww...I love dogs so much....Bagel has that white snout from age too.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    suzqtme wrote: »
    Here's my favorite Pyrenees. So lucky she adopted us!

zj8extch4xs6.jpg Daisy in the daisies!

pgo4l7m05wll.jpg Snuggle time!

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!i just wanna love her!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    I was always a big dog person-until one day working at the vets office JoJo the chihuahua came in. That totally did it for me!! I have 5 chihuahuas, 2 most recently from National Mill Dog Rescue in Colorado Springs. They are definitely a handful!! I also have a mini Aussie, 3 cats, 2 mini pigs, 3 goats and a sheep. I live in my fiances "other" house with about 20 horses also at the moment. He has an Australian Shepherd and a Karelian Bear Dog. I've totally gotten off subject-I think grain free food is definitely the way to go. Also, the AS had fallen out of a truck(that's how he came to live here) and has always been in pain. He was on Tramadol and Novox. He started having seizures and Phenobarbital was added. It has totally changed his personality. He acts like a puppy-running, jumping, spinning. He does get very snarky if he doesn't want to do something he's told to do. I weaned him off the Tramadol and Novox and haven't noticed any change. Not sure where all the snarkiness in these guys comes from. Probably just a pain thing.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've been MIA for a few days. Back in action. What beautiful pet stories and pics, too. I'm definitely a big dog person and my current sweet Daisy (aka Miss Daisy; Miss Pushy, Pushy, Bossy; Sweet Girl, Bruce (actually what we think she calls herself, lol), Miss Naughty Dog (her personal favorite), is likely my last giant breed. I'm attaching a pic of our first Great Pyrenees who died after just 2 years (he was 6) from an angiosarcoma. I hadn't had enough time loving that gentle giant so I got another (except females are a whole different breed, I think). This was my male "Sam" or Sammy. He was trained as a pet therapy dog but died on the day I had gotten all his papers together to register him. He loved peak-a-boo. He was 130 pounds and was shaggy looking due to having been in a rescue for 3 months. He ended up shaved but his fur grew back beautifully. As a male, he had a large mane, like a lion.

hr7iv2min54o.jpg Peak a boo, all of you!

j84kmvudzwoq.jpg I may be big, but there's just more of me to love (and hug and pet and pay attention to)...

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Sam looked like a sweet guy!
  • RowdysLady
    Archer (the Pyrenees that I"m sure got my Miuyki pregnant) was here again today. He's here every day now. When I texted his owner she said this: "We saw him going under the fence this morning and called him. Grimm (his pup trainee) came right back but Archer ignored us completely" Methinks unless they tie Archer up our home is his home. I'm not sure how they will ever get him to stay home now. He's supposed to be guarding their goats yet he's here lounging about... I'll try to get pics to post of them tomorrow.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    It's your hussy Miuyki, @RowdysLady. All her fault, hahaha! :D>:):o
  • RowdysLady
    canadjineh wrote: »
    It's your hussy Miuyki, @RowdysLady. All her fault, hahaha! :D>:):o

No kidding, right! :D
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Awe @ all the pupples!! I was totally a big dog person, grew up with bouviers. Love them to bits and pieces and fully intend on getting one. But as a young single person I knew a big dog wouldn't work for me. So I ended up getting a yorkie/maltese (I think) mix. She comes with me on the boat, rides with me on my harley, hunts with me. My parents still have a bouvier and the two of them are best friends it's awesome! I might see if I can convince my parents to give their dog a keto diet, she is overweight and ten years old now. She would love the food and if it could shed some weight I'm sure she would be a lot more mobile. She's currently 120 lbs and should be more like 100-105. h49v130gtpru.jpg
    gav0kibp3tak.jpg
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    @Kimo159 too adorable!
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Aww, a hot rodding dog!

@Rowdyslady, I don't think Archer will end his wandering ways. It is a Pyr trait, of course. If he hasn't bonded with his herd, he is likely to keep wandering. I'm sure you know that they are known to go for miles and miles when wandering.

Daisy is a hussy, too, BTW. Her "sweet baboo" lives kitty corner from us. She goes out in the front yard and stares him down, slowly swinging her tail. When he eventually inches up to the edge of his property, she turns around and sashays away. Oh yeah, I know what THAT's all about, lol. Poor Casey ends up in our yard and gets in trouble every time. But Daisy stays in her own yard and smiles. Fortunately, she is fixed. Otherwise, I can only imagine how many litters of Pyr/Golden retriever pups we might have ended up with.
  • RowdysLady
    @szuqtme I texted Archer's owner this morning and it went like this: "he's back...and you'll love this - my dogs aren't even here". She said "I know this sounds awful, but that's kinda funny".

I'm just SO thankful that his owner is good hearted and good natured. Makes that text every single day much easier! Miyuki did that for a while too...wandered...but she eventually decided that she liked being at home more.