Weight loss paused bc diet soda?

Options
KetoLady86
KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
At first, all I drank was water...but then started my diet soda again! Ugh, I know...anyway, I know theres a lot of rational reasons why my weight loss has basically stopped...but could it be the diet soda? Anyone with a similar experience? Thanks dolls!!

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners work for some, not for others. I will occasionally have a diet ginger ale and it doesn't seem to hurt. I use stevia for sweetener, as the others do seem to slow me down if I have more than one serve of them in a day. We all seem to be different, so observe what happens when you drink them.

Other things can slow down weight loss too, so examine all that you are doing to see if you can find something that has a bad impact on the loss.
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Whoa @RowdysLady!!!! This wil be my last
    Diet coke..I will see ahat happends
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    @retirehappy tha ka dor the response...i think It may be..I usually eat very keto...moat of the time..im not saying i should of lost another 20lbs, but I have been around the same weight for over 2 mos. I usually use liquid stevia in my coffee...but i think its the soda
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Yes it can be the diet soda. I used to drink nothing but Coke Zero. When I stopped drinking it and went to water I lost 15 lbs in a month. Yep....in a month.

I just may have had my last Coke Zero. So hard for me to give up.
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's crazy!! I have a few a day when I'm craving something sweet.. I wonder if cutting them would make a difference? Hmmm..
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I drank a Diet Coke on Sunday afternoon. First artificial sweetener I've had in months.
    nensf15h466v.png

I felt bloated and yucky too
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Ok..lets start a no diet soda challenge!!!!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »

I don't know... I look forward to my
    bi-monthly Diet Dr. Pepper <3
    I buy it shopping Sat morning
    & it usually lasts me till evening.
    Love the taste hate the bubbles

>:) or o:)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have a diet dr pepper once a month and quite enjoy it too. but lately a few more diet cokes snuck in there so I'm good with the once a month but the rest need to stop.
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I need to stop .. I'm a Diet coke addict.
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    MiamiDawn wrote: »
    I need to stop .. I'm a Diet coke addict.
    It is so hard...some people enjoy alcohol, I loved diet soda.

You can do it! Stop buying it, have an alternative available, and drink plenty of water!
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am a Coke Zero addict : ( Maybe we should start a challenge - not till tomorrow tho - I have a big 12 ouncer left. I did that with wine and NEVER had wine again - SOOOO we have to be sure we want to go there - no Coke Zero land. Just the thought gives me chills....
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Yes it can be the diet soda. I used to drink nothing but Coke Zero. When I stopped drinking it and went to water I lost 15 lbs in a month. Yep....in a month.

I just may have had my last Coke Zero. So hard for me to give up.

I had been crazy miserable with itching, pain, exhaustion and I wound up going to a Naturopath because no doctor could tell me what was wrong. I told her I was addicted to them. She told me to give them up. Keep in mind I'd been drinking nothing but Coke Zero - I woke up with one, went to bed with one. She said it was my problem. I cried, literally, in her office. On the way home I drank one more 20 ounce and didn't touch another one for about 6 years. In that first month I really did drop 15 lbs. I also lost most of my symptoms that took me to the Naturopath to begin with. I felt so much better. Migraines were eased up, my gut pain was gone, I could sleep at night, the freaking itching that made me scratch my skin off went away...

I drank only water and was scared to death that if I had any soda I'd fall off the wagon. Over the last two years I started drinking sweet tea and sugared sodas again and that with my diet, I watched my weight climb. It wasn't until I decided to lose weight that I went to sugar free sodas but I don't drink them as my only source of liquid. Rowdy likes Pepsi products so that's what I buy now and it was really easy to have a diet Pepsi on occasion - they taste only "ok". But now Pepsi makes a Pepsi Zero that is AMAZING. I wish I'd never tried it because I think I could be right back where I was so many years ago.

I started logging again yesterday and added a spot for soda so I could see if my Pepsi Zero intake was getting out of control. I know some days I drink more soda than others but right now it's when I'm out and about - like at Anna's band competitions. I should not be drinking 5 a day at home. We will see...sigh...

I wish it were as easy, @HawkPNP as to just stop buying them and drinking water. Soda is as addictive as tobacco, gambling and alcohol. The only reason I was able to quit cold turkey back then was because I felt like I was dying I was so sick and miserable all the time. And the minute I had an "excuse" to drink them again, I did so here I am. With a Pepsi Zero in front of me right now. Even when you don't buy a 12 pack for the house, you stop at the gas station and buy one or get one at the restaurant. It truly is an addiction for some people.
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I'm in. I want to see how long I can go without Coke Zero.
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    BaconSan2 wrote: »
    I am a Coke Zero addict : ( Maybe we should start a challenge - not till tomorrow tho - I have a big 12 ouncer left. I did that with wine and NEVER had wine again - SOOOO we have to be sure we want to go there - no Coke Zero land. Just the thought gives me chills....

Ok...Lets do it... No Diet soda!! Im starting...........NOW!
  • KetoLady86
    Options

I'm in. I want to see how long I can go without Coke Zero.

ALRIGHT! Lets do it..lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, diet soda is a required ingredient for my protein fluff recipes. Fortunately, I've never had any problems out of it, and I drink more in a day than most people do in a week. I'm pretty sure that if you cut me, a sickly combination of Coke Zero, Diet Sunkist, and Diet A&W Root Beer would pour out.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, diet soda is a required ingredient for my protein fluff recipes. Fortunately, I've never had any problems out of it, and I drink more in a day than most people do in a week. I'm pretty sure that if you cut me, a sickly combination of Coke Zero, Diet Sunkist, and Diet A&W Root Beer would pour out.

Oh how I wish I could be you in that particular area.... the story I told above...I was drinking nearly a case a day then and wish I could again.