Weight loss paused bc diet soda?

Options

Replies

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My son got a SodaStream machine when he decided to give up soda, and it is wonderful! It fizzes your plain water, and then you can add flavoring to it if you want to. A squirt of lime juice and a couple drops of stevia, and you have a low-carb natural lime soda.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Currently riding on the bus with a 20 can case of Diet Coke in my lap lol

I'm not affected by it though

Well, I am going to see how long I go without one, if there is a difference in weight loss, its gone for good. If not, I'll have one ury now and then
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's related, but I didn't have any diet drinks yesterday and weighed in again today and was 1 pound down. Probably pure coincidence but it's enough to keep me on track for now.
  • kimmydear
    Options

Lucky! :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    kimmydear wrote: »

Stocking up for the storm lol

Stay safe!

• kimmydear
    Options
    kimmydear wrote: »

Stocking up for the storm lol

Stay safe!

You too! So far we have just seen lots of rain, but it looks like the wind is picking up now.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    My son got a SodaStream machine when he decided to give up soda, and it is wonderful! It fizzes your plain water, and then you can add flavoring to it if you want to. A squirt of lime juice and a couple drops of stevia, and you have a low-carb natural lime soda.
    Glad to hear he likes it - I was wondering what type to get - the choice is overwhelming - so are some of the prices but I have seen SodaStream here
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Ok..so the family ordered pizza. I got plain wings, hubby ordered me a diet coke..he was so proud, he said, "babe, i didnt forget you, gotcha a diet coke"..ahh
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    I didn't drink it!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    I didn't drink it!

Go you!! I drank a la croix after dinner. Not my favorite, but it will do.
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    I ended up drinking power aid 0
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    OK I ordered a Soda Stream Starter kit but it cost 1/3 the cost in the American Amazon than the Canadian Amazon - worth going across the border to pick it up if you live close enough. In the Canadian Amazon it costs $333.14 in the American Amazon I got it for $126 with 2 extra cartridges. We Canadians can never have anything nice. Day 2 no Coke - not a problem.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    BaconSan2 wrote: »
    OK I ordered a Soda Stream Starter kit but it cost 1/3 the cost in the American Amazon than the Canadian Amazon - worth going across the border to pick it up if you live close enough. In the Canadian Amazon it costs $333.14 in the American Amazon I got it for $126 with 2 extra cartridges. We Canadians can never have anything nice. Day 2 no Coke - not a problem.

But...we have universal healthcare and that dreamy Justin Trudeau lol

I agree with you, it costs way more for stuff here in Canada than it does in America.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    BaconSan2 wrote: »

But...we have universal healthcare and that dreamy Justin Trudeau lol

I agree with you, it costs way more for stuff here in Canada than it does in America.

*kitten*, I'd rather pay more for stuff and have universal healthcare.... For real!
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    It's true - we do a few things #Canada
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    I mean "have a few things"
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Ok..I had 1 glass...BUT..not bc I was craving it..I literally forgot. Honestly, it was 1 glass...and from a 2 liter..i didnt even enjoy it
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Good morning hotties! May your day be blessed....should we change the name if this post to ::no diet soda challenge:::
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem. I hit a plataeu on my low carb, then was putting on half a pound a week.
    I gave up the artificial sweetners, as recommended by posters on MFP and Ive now lost that weight and broken through the plateau.
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem. I hit a plataeu on my low carb, then was putting on half a pound a week.
    I gave up the artificial sweetners, as recommended by posters on MFP and Ive now lost that weight and broken through the plateau.

Ok, I think I have all the encouragement here to cut them!! I was drinking about 3 diet sodas per day. I will switch to Truvia (sparingly) in my tea and only have Mio once daily in my Ketoade. Does that sound like a good plan?!