TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

WEEK SEVEN: CARRERAS A CUSCO!

CHALLENGE #1: “CLIMB THE INCA TRAIL” (10 POINTS)
    11/28 - 280/1,778
    11/29 - 974/1,778; Total: 1,254/1,778

I went back to the park for its stairs.

CHALLENGE #2: “PERU TIENE TALENTO!” 10 POINTS
    Completed 11/28

CHALLENGE #3: “EXTRACTO DE RANA!” (5 POINTS)
    2/5

MINUTES/MILES
    28 Nov. 146 minutes
    29 Nov. 83 minutes (78 minutes walking + 5 minutes jumping jacks)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm on track with food, will do the videos on the weekend and must smash out the stairs tomorrow as I don't have at home... Currently at 41 flights!

Sorry, no minutes today. Was at work by 4:00AM, getting our rehabilitated seals ready for release, 5 hours at sea and all the normal duties at work still had to be done before or after that. I want my bed... I will try for some yoga (I really need it!)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    @b3achy -- you are so correct, this has been a great experience and we've done remarkably well throughout and I am very proud of our team! I'm just uber competitive and not willing to throw in the towel... maybe I'm hoping for some last quarter heroics like my Chiefs have done so many times this year, lol. At any rate, my minutes are already down from normal the past 2 days, but I will try to pick up the pace the rest of the week.

No worries Rus...I'm super competitive too, so that was as much to remind myself at how well we've been doing and not to stress out any of our less competitive teammies...balance in all things.

I also know sometimes you can go farther and harder by easing up a bit. It's a weird phenomena in my type of racing. You can push harder, but sometimes you just get in your own way and slow yourself down. If you ease up, you can get into a better cadence and the paddleboard will move faster through the water than if you are trying to force it. It is something I'm still learning.

I still think we can get the job done too for these last two weeks. We've got Team 1 on the run...now we just need to outlast them ;) It's harder to maintain first place than for someone to take it from you. We're the team that can take it from them.

BTW, after our win, Team 1 was amazed at the number of minutes we were getting, and were saying we were going to burn out...but then after they pushed during the next week to get more minutes (and still didn't pass us in minutes), they were all talking about how much they were hurting (reading team threads can go both ways). I really thought we might have them last week or the week before because so many of them were sick (but the rest of the team rallied and got the job done, just like our team does).

We can do it! It is their position to lose, and ours to take! :smile:
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I got up early and did some biking and yoga this morning. I'm keeping on track with my food this week. So grateful for this challenge! This morning I was back down to my preweekend weight :smile:
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dance videos done. I think I'm getting more uncoordinated with each set of videos. I did the fifth one (Travesuras) twice since it was more exercise moves and less 'dancing', so I could keep up better. I also did the bonus dance video (though saying I actually did it is a pretty loose interpretation), and the bonus stretching video.

Okay, off to the gym to hit the weights and the stair master...UGH! I really dislike the stair challenges, but I know it is good for me. At least, I am going to reward myself with some Tijuana Flats afterwards...yum! $5 "Norito bowl" Wednesday!!

PS - I lurked in Team 1's thread a bit today (BTW, they have some great pictures posted too)...they are calculating how much on their tail we are (I believe Vowder said were were only 0.8% behind them, which isn't much at all)...I think because we were so far ahead of them last week and so early due to the holiday they all pushed hard over the weekend to get more done too (quite a few comments lamenting they weren't in the lead and needed to get it back). So, we sort of did it to ourselves because we were posting good numbers, especially challenge points so early. They are way ahead right now, but you know it's because they are worried. :worried: Let's just keep up the pressure, and be like Ninjas and sneak in for the win at the end. ;)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @b3achy- Do you think it would be a wiser strategy to wait to post our numbers and challenge completions until the end? I've normally been plugging numbers in as I go, but have no problem holding back and then give Team 1 the smack-down at the end. >:)

Bwaaahaaahaaaaa!!

Off to town to try the doctor's steps again and pick up some of those plastic hanger thingys for Christmas lights. We'll see how my knee handles the steps. Damn I hate old lady aches and pains!
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @b3achy good idea >:)
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There is a danger in waiting. If something online becomes inaccessible when you are trying to log your stuff over the weekend, then you could potentially not get your minutes logged and there isn't much recovery time, which isn't good. I'm continuing to plug mine in as I get them, but it's up to you guys which strategy to employ. It is harder for the team to know what needs to be done to keep us in the race too if people are holding back, but it does keep us playing our hand closer to our chest if some wait to log (even if they wait by a day, though I tend to forget if I don't do something regularly)...I'd say that's a team captains' strategy call. Though right now, it looks like many on our team are behind in logging anyway.

FWIW, I officially hate stair/step challenges. :angry: There I said it! I try not to use the word hate too much...but I really hate the stairmaster at my gym. Probably won't ever get on it again unless I'm forced to for a future challenge. I know it is good for me, but it just totally kicks my butt. I am done with the challenge at 2000 steps. I had to take a bunch of breaks on the stairmaster today (at one point only stepping 2.5 minutes at time), but I got it done (so my 22 minutes of actually working out today probably should be closer to 25 or 30 minutes on that dang machine). I did get my Tijuana Flats after though. That helped! :wink:

So, I got both the step and the dance video challenges completed today. And very happy both are done! Food should be easy. I'm thinking I might need a long leisurely paddle tomorrow to recover from the stairmaster. :sunglasses:
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: 255 minutes
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, the best laid plans as they say. By the time I finished my errand today it was literally pouring - POURING rain and I was afraid to attempt the doctor's steps because they are wood and gravel. I was afraid it would be too slippery and I didn't want to risk a fall and get soaking wet.

I did do about 10 flights at my house, but I'm still barely 1/3 through the total. I won't say "hate", but definitely not "love" either for the stair challenges.

Regardless, I did get a few minutes in today:

Wednesday - 50 minutes
  • b3achy
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What a neat climb @MiamiSeoul !! I need to find a place like that to do my future challenges. About the only place I can think of is our convention center downtown has a bunch of steps. While it has a good view on the water, it's pretty meh, compared to your great locations!

Good job @RaeBeeBaby - still getting in some steps despite the weather ruining your plans. Yea, this one is brutal compared to the previous step challenge.

@My_Butt - added your time for Mon - Wed to the spreadsheet. I know Rus usually does it for you, but haven't seen him on here much today, so assuming he's busy.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    @b3achy - I completely agree with you about how much this challenge has helped me not only exercising more, but exercising in ways I would never have done in the past. There have been many evenings when I just want to sit and relax, but instead I go downstairs and workout for 20, 30, 40 minutes. Normally I run 3 - 4 times a week before work and that's about it. Now I'm running 4- 5 times a week plus working out in the evening. I certainly don't have anywhere near the minutes some members have but on a personal level, I am definitely doing more than I was in the past. So you are right, either way, this has been a "win/win". But since I'm a teammate, I'll keep upping the ante to help the team.
  • MiamiSeoul
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good morning.

5dobfzwlxjko.jpg

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld and @b3achy , I'm also with you! I've been doing a ton more in addition to my runs. I haven't cycled this much in years! And I've never been much of a stretcher, but I've been doing lots of yoga and stretching everyday!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options

WEEK SEVEN: CARRERAS A CUSCO!

CHALLENGE #1: “CLIMB THE INCA TRAIL” (10 POINTS)
    Completed 11/30

CHALLENGE #2: “PERU TIENE TALENTO!” 10 POINTS
    Completed 11/28

CHALLENGE #3: “EXTRACTO DE RANA!” (5 POINTS)
    4/5

MINUTES/MILES
    28 Nov. 146 minutes
    29 Nov. 83 minutes
    30 Nov. 130 minutes
    1 Dec. 153 minutes (125 minutes | 454 calories + 28 minutes day 1, December 30 Day challenges)

• MiamiSeoul
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WOW, just realized we're in Peru!

Let's party!

3fy76bo7r7w3.jpg

xeygfydw7yzi.jpg

l6qpgaw2e1u9.jpg