TEAM FIVE

Options
1484950515254»

Replies

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes @captainboing you will be missed ... on a plus side looking forward to the Fab 5 Team getting back together . :D
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping rejoining this team will help distract me from the funk I've been in.
    Maybe these 8 weeks will fly by like last time and the weather will be nice so I can go out again. I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder from the lack of sunlight. And I've even been using vitamin d supplements as a replacement.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @My_Butt - I also suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. Some winters seem to last forever and I get into a funk. Our weather has been very cold and icy lately, but usually it's the non-stop rain for weeks and weeks. I try to get outside for a little bit every day even if it's yucky out. Breathe some fresh air. Also, doing yoga and aromatherapy helps. My favorite essential oils are lavender, rosemary and cedarwood. Here's an article about it.

https://draxe.com/essential-oils-for-depression/

ETA: just listening to that music that @b3achy posted above snapped me out of a little funk earlier this week. It's hard to stay down when you listen to that!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    @My_Butt - I also suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. Some winters seem to last forever and I get into a funk. Our weather has been very cold and icy lately, but usually it's the non-stop rain for weeks and weeks. I try to get outside for a little bit every day even if it's yucky out. Breathe some fresh air. Also, doing yoga and aromatherapy helps. My favorite essential oils are lavender, rosemary and cedarwood. Here's an article about it.

ETA: just listening to that music that @b3achy posted above snapped me out of a little funk earlier this week. It's hard to stay down when you listen to that!!

I have a lotion called Relaxing Breath that I put on just before I do yoga. I'd love to get into oils, but I've just never spent the time to learn anything about them yet.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ
    CHALLENGE
    IS ALMOST FULL!
    IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP, NOW IS THE TIME!

JOIN THE GROUP:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118329-amazing-race-winter-blitz

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE SIGN-UP SPREADSHEET:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eZ1aM12qRFOneeuK0GI7RTLeBjOuxZ-Oq5BVm4pYUFE/edit#gid=0

BOTH STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO QUALIFY!

HAPPY RACING!

:)B):)

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

I have a lotion called Relaxing Breath that I put on just before I do yoga. I'd love to get into oils, but I've just never spent the time to learn anything about them yet.

What a great idea to add aromatherapy to the yoga practice! I often light scented candles, but never thought about putting scent on myself.

I don't know very much (yet) about essential oils and what all they're good for. I'm just starting to learn more about them. To start, I just found a couple at the natural food store that I liked. Sniff test - smells good, price is right. Sold!

I've been looking at diffusers on Amazon, but haven't taken the plunge yet.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Be careful using essential oils around cats (dogs apparently are fine). There were a bunch (pine, lemon, thieves oil blend, and peppermint) that I had to stop using when I found out they can be harmful to cats. Here's an article that provides a list of oils that are bad for cats - http://meowlifestyle.com/6-essential-oil-safety-tips-for-cat-owners/ , though there are a few on this list that I've found other sites say are okay for cats (peppermint seems to be a bit controversial, some say it's okay, other say it's bad).
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Uh-oh, I'm wait-listed :/

Been in a funk & really could use the race as extra motivation! Fingers crossed . . .

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

Been in a funk & really could use the race as extra motivation! Fingers crossed . . .

Girl, you are going to crush it on the wait list, since they are now doing the race there too! And you'll make some new friends while waiting!

Glad you are back! Missed you!
    2484017356669487281Kxv1nk8c.jpg

has-anyone-told-you-yet-today.jpg?w=480
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

Girl, you are going to crush it on the wait list, since they are now doing the race there too! And you'll make some new friends while waiting!

Glad you are back! Missed you!
    2484017356669487281Kxv1nk8c.jpg

has-anyone-told-you-yet-today.jpg?w=480

Thanks! No matter where I end up, my heart is Fab Five!