TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    b3achy wrote: »
    Hey, just saw this thread in the Challenge section...looks like someone else is going 1000 miles already...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10492917/1000-miles-in-2017-walk-or-run

Yeah, I think between walking and running I could hit 1000 miles.

I went ahead and joined the thread figuring they'll let me count my paddling miles...if I can include them, I can probably up my mileage to 80+/month. I'll stay in the monthly thread for better accountability, but it will be nice to have a year long thread to keep me on track for the year (though I'm expecting most people to fall by the wayside by 6 months ~ I've found the long term challenge threads don't really work well here as life gets in the way).
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    @rusgolden @b3achy @My_Butt - I joined the 1000/year challenge. Thanks for suggesting it - perfect! The other link (where you set your own goal) isn't taking me anywhere - however my internet is snail pace tonight so I'll try again tomorrow.

rus - I looked up the Garmin Half and had to laugh. I have the other two races in the series on my tentative list for 2017 - I love the medal for Running with the Cows. However, when I looked at the medal for your race, I was so impressed - I want a twirling tornado medal!!!!!!! I may have to rethink my 2017 plan. I'm trying to set up 6 or 7 halfs this year.
  • b3achy
    Options
    @biketheworld - sorry about that, not sure what happened with the link (doesn't work for me either). But here's the direct link to the walk/run/bike/move thread for December (she will be opening one for January soon).
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10484245/december-2016-walk-jog-bike-step-challenge

Hey @rusgolden, it looks like @biketheworld's original challenge site includes walking and running for the 1000 in 2017. They also have a challenge for working out a 100 days in 2017. That's probably more my speed, but unfortunately, I don't have the extra $$ in my budget for it (all my extra pennies go to my many SUP race registrations).
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    rus - I looked up the Garmin Half and had to laugh. I have the other two races in the series on my tentative list for 2017 - I love the medal for Running with the Cows. However, when I looked at the medal for your race, I was so impressed - I want a twirling tornado medal!!!!!!! I may have to rethink my 2017 plan. I'm trying to set up 6 or 7 halfs this year.

I know, right? I thought all 3 medals were pretty cool, but the spinning tornado definitely the best! I think you should just add the Garmin Oz race and complete the Heartland Series, lol. 6 or 7 races is a lot, but I guess I could be doing 4 plus a couple shorter ones.

I'll take a look at the 1000/yr challenge as well.

@b3achy -- I know what you mean... going to have to put a lot of my "allowance" towards the race registration fees... :wink:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I joined the 1000 miles in 2017 thread. If I can count swimming miles, as well as walking, then I should be able to make it.

It looks like it's just a discussion thread and not a formal group, (unless I'm missing something).
  • biketheworld
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I joined the 1000 miles in 2017 thread. If I can count swimming miles, as well as walking, then I should be able to make it.

It looks like it's just a discussion thread and not a formal group, (unless I'm missing something).

I think you're right. I wish there was a more formal way to log our miles and score some extra "points" somehow. I don't know why I feel so compelled to turn everything into a contest. Glad you joined it though - good to see some familiar faces on there!
  • b3achy
    Options
    bb0d6f580570ae59b51616a810387483.jpg
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi guys anyone know when . or if we will be having another challenge .. :p
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

No word on the new start date yet :/

25rybrgugs06.jpg

• b3achy
    Options

Clearly it's up to Hawkins and MissionEnforcer to determine. Since Hawkins was Team 1, I popped over there to see if she had posted anything. Sounds like she's been waiting on people to get back into the swing of things after the holidays, so it might not be too much longer...her teammates are encouraging her that they want a new race also. :)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Brilliant thanks x
    :)
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I haven't posted here this week, so wanted to pop in and just say hello. I've been busy getting back to my normal routine after the Mr. went back to work this week. Funny how having him home really messed up my workout schedule. Will have to come up with a new strategy for when he retires.

I've been busy with other challenges - Hogwarts, Game of Thrones and the 1000 miles in 2017, but I really miss Amazing Race!

We are forecast for a big ice storm this weekend, so I'm getting all ready for that. Hauling wood, storing water, making soup. We didn't even have one snowflake last year, but this is our third snow/ice storm this winter so it's quite an event. I can't believe I'm saying these words, but I MISS THE RAIN!

I live near a beautiful park with 7 waterfalls. Here's some pics from our last ice storm several years ago.

lhcsntfrufoe.jpg

tlkjjmv1n284.jpg
    These are BEAUTIFUL!!! We have A LOT of snow on the ground, but nothing quite this beautiful in the Midwest ;)
  • biketheworld
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby - BEAUTIFUL pics! Interesting that you get so little snow but have been hit with ice storms. We average 80" of snow every winter. I don't mind snow in December and January - but come March I'm ready for it to go away! Thought I'd add a picture of my yard in the winter: 66gen6oedakn.jpg
  • b3achy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Woo hoo! So excited!!! This is going to be AMAZING and FABULOUS!!
    let-the-games-yvj6lx.jpg

And yes, I'm posting this on Team 1's thread next...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgopHWACUXs

But this is the version for the Fab Fives!! Get pumped!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvDTCbcHe0
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    SIGN-UPS FOR THE
    AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ
    HAVE BEGUN!

THE LINK BELOW WILL TAKE YOU TO THE GROUP SITE!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118329-amazing-race-winter-blitz
    IF YOU ARE A RETURNING PLAYER
    AND COMPLETED THE LAST RACE

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR OLD TEAM
    UNLESS YOU REQUEST OTHERWISE.

HERE'S TO A HAPPY & HEALTHY RACE!
    <3:)<3
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give the next race a skip. I have too many other commitments on in the next few months to be able to commit to the points side of things. Have fun, Fab 5's
  • b3achy
    Options
    I'm going to give the next race a skip. I have too many other commitments on in the next few months to be able to commit to the points side of things. Have fun, Fab 5's

:'( We'll miss you!! But keep us posted on the exciting critters you get to hug and feed and wrestle!