TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    ******TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2:*****

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES- Transylvania's stairs climbing
    2.) DO IT- DONE
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID- Transylvania's stairs climbing
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!- I enjoy doing the stairs, gives me a sense of accomplishment, makes me sweat, burns a lot of calories and keeps me ready to hike mountains through the winter!
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX- done
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    8 Lifestyle choices to continue:
    1. Log EVERYTHING
    2. Log accurately, weighing, measuring etc
    3. 10,000 Steps. This one is tough for me but I've found a way to get it daily and it really helps!
    4. Eating more protein. Another hard one but it really keeps me full longer and helps with my weight loss
    5. Water, water, water. I slack sometimes and have to remind myself that my body needs this water to function properly
    6. Say no to eating out. Oh my gosh, the calories and sodium, and I always end up saying "I could have made that and it would have tasted so much better and more fresh for half the price!" We have really cut down on eating out and it helps weight wise and money wise.
    7. Exercise daily even if it's just 5 minutes of yoga, it's the habit, keeping it going, that counts some days.
    8. Focus more on health and less on that scale. With a healthy eating and moving, the scale will move, but that scale can play a real mind game.

New to try:
    Work on my emotional eating and my sweet tooth. If I'm upset I tend to reach for comfort food. It goes back a long time and I have to remember that my life isn't like it was. Sure there are bumps but I have ppl arond me who love and support me now. I don't need food for that anymore. I also want to work on replacing my calorie high sweets with lower calorie ones. (Ex:Instead of chocolate chip cookies, have some yogurt covered bananas instead or some yogurt with a few choc chips.) But also know that a little is ok. Moderation. I also want to do more latin dancing, I love it but don't do it nearly enough!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,015 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm doing the stairs challenge 100 floors of 127 floors (Transylvania's stairs climbing)

I completed the Transylvania's stairs, the reason why I did it was I love the burn you achieve from it. This spring, I want to star running again.
  • scrapbookingtm
    Options
    shauna30 wrote: »
    I completed challenge #2 todayKAUAI, HAWAII:
    “HIKING THE NA PALI COAST”. It sure didn't feel like Hawaii this morning. 23 degrees (real feel of 13) but I made it 4 miles outside. There's nothing like exercising outside!

I sure have noticed as it gets colder outside my exercise numbers are going down. No 5 to 8 hours on a mountain, no 20-30 mile bike rides, no walking along the parkway. It is so much easier being outside, so much to see, scenery, wildlife, random friendly people......it really is a lot harder (for me) to put in the same amount of time indoors. This really does need to be a priority to me this winter! I do not like the cold and I have a compromised immune system. I really need to not be outside when it is so cold. Hoping for some nice days this winter :smile:
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES- Love the dancing so did some Twisting in Transylvania, jamming in Kauai and Peruvian gigging
    2.) DO IT- DONE
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID- All three listed above
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!- I love jigging around the lounge with no-one watching/laughing at me. I know I looked nothing like the dancers in Thriller but it was great having a go - the chilling music of Muva was uplifting and the dances from Peru reminded me of my Zumba classes.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    8 Lifestyle choices to continue:

1. Continue to make good food swapping options to becoming more healthier
    2. Not eating after 9pm
    3. 10,000 Steps or more per day
    4. Drink plenty of WATER I slack sometimes and have to remind myself that my body needs this water to function and helps to make me feel fuller
    6. Not eating my children's leftovers, hanging my head in shame been guilty many of times.
    7. Rest at times as parents we forget about ourselves
    8. Plan ahead for meals expescially when going out or special occasions.

New to try
    Enjoyed the step challenges so I'll try and keep that up each week.

Challenge 2
    I haven't been involved in all the challenges but the one I expescially liked was the step challenge, it seemed to work a lot of area's of my body expescially my butt. Hopefully by Thursday this would be completed

• scrapbookingtm
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm doing the stairs challenge 100 floors of 127 floors (Transylvania's stairs climbing)

I completed the Transylvania's stairs, the reason why I did it was I love the burn you achieve from it. This spring, I want to star running again.

Just realize that the Transylvania stairs is not 127 flights of stairs - it is 770 stairs up which is slightly less s(about 60 flights up) and you don't have to come back down :smile:
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Stair update for challenge 2 :
    560/1778
    My goal is to get in 11 flights(14 stairs up and 14 down) each day to finish this challenge.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2.
    I went back and completed the Rockettes Training workout. That week I had a lot of things going on, it just piled on one after another, and I never got to do the workout. I was really looking forward to it so I chose it for this challenge so I got a chance to do it now :) Done!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES- KAUAI, HAWAII
    2.) DO IT- DONE
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID- HIKING THE NA PALI COAST
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!- I LOVE being outdoors and this as one of the best ways to get that done !
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES- climb the inca trail
    2.) DO IT- done
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID- climbed up and went down steps
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!- works on a lot of my body area especially my lower part
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,015 Member
    Options
    Alisa, my mistake, lol. I did the stairs today for 35 mins instead of 20 mins. Plus tomorrow my goal is to get another 30 mins in. So I'm sure I completed the challenge since I counted up and down, :)

• scrapbookingtm
    Options
    Yes, I was just saying you are probably doing too many, but no big deal because you get to count all the minutes anyway! :smile:
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES- Climb the Inca Trail
    2.) DO IT- Done
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID - Done
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!- I really liked walking the stairs. It was easy for me to fit them around my VERY demanding children lol
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX- Done
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    8 lifestyle choices to continue
    1. Move when I can
    2. Involve the children to be active with me.
    3. Log every day.
    4. Seek out exercise challenges to move me out of my comfort zone and try new things.
    5. Remember that guilt and perfectionism don't help me to reach my goals. If a day goes off plan, just move on and get back to the usual healthy choices.
    6. Drink water!
    7. Get enough rest (one day the twins will sleep! Lol )
    8. Try a new recipe at least every 2 weeks to keep our healthy diet interesting.

And a new one to try: Finally get to try skiing! How can I have lived in Alaska so long and never tried?!?
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Abs workout done - these were not bad - I hate strength exercises but here were ok and feel pleased with myself
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I choose Transylvania/Climb to meet the Count. Having 17 stairs in my house makes it a very accessible challenge. I think I'll continue that each week and see what kind of results I get ;). Done!!
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    8 lifestyle changes
    1 Make sure to drink more water on the weekends while at home.
    2. Continue walking up the stairs for exercise.
    3. Go on a walk with my husband at least once a week.
    4. Try to strengthen my back by doing my stretching every day
    5. Exercise daily even if it's on for a few minutes.
    6. Have a drink of water before having sweets.
    7. Continue to do dance videos off you tube.
    8. Keep aware of calories
    Try something new:. Research and make new healthy meals.
  • carolemaryrosslaura
    Options
    For challenge 2, I did the “IT’S RAJIO TAISO TIME!”

I love this! I'm a teacher, and I did it with my students. We are having an international festival in January where we perform a song or a dance from another country, and get the audience to participate. I'm hoping to do this with our whole school at the festival. Love it - it's a great way to start the day.
  • carolemaryrosslaura
    Options
    8 Lifestyle Changes
    1. Continue to do C25K - I walked a 5K yesterday, but would love to actually run one someday.
    2. Take the stairs as much as possible.
    3. Make healthy eating choices.
    4. Drink lots of water.
    5. Exercise daily.
    6. Learn new workout routines so I don't get bored and stop doing it.
    7. Get enough sleep.
    8. Remember all the positives in my life.

Try something new - just bought a Tae Bo workout DVD - it looks like fun.