Commited and on my way down to 85kg

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Thankyou Nev, Blambo, and Deb =) LOVE your cat Deb =) I have a cat too. <3<3<3
    <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Again, forgive me for the "rant" on your page, but perhaps someone else will read it and a light will go off for them too, thanks to you sharing/writing what you did--wow!

Lastly, your meal rocks too--the yum! [/quote]

You can rant anytime omading, i love you so much =) My issue has always been emotional eating (that started when I was 10) I can feel so empty and vulnerable when I cant eat my emotion away and sooth whatever emotion I am currently going through....... but OMAD does really help with that alot........not all the time.....but more times for the better.

But I'm learning to replace food with other things to fill my pain, like putting on makeup, straitening my hair, watching pirot or miss marple with a hot drink and cigs. (that is VERY soothing :) )

[/quote]

We watch Pirot and Miss Marple too. That's funny!

Good job Kitty! Your food looks great!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    For years I was a cat person (still am) but one day last year a little abandoned dog adopted me. And, I actually credit him with the start of my weight loss -- he sat on my lap every night for weeks when I first rescued him. Hard to snack when you have eight pounds of puppy clinging to you! But, even with an unexpected dog in my life, I still love cats. I love the photos of the two of yours!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    For years I was a cat person (still am) but one day last year a little abandoned dog adopted me. And, I actually credit him with the start of my weight loss -- he sat on my lap every night for weeks when I first rescued him. Hard to snack when you have eight pounds of puppy clinging to you! But, even with an unexpected dog in my life, I still love cats. I love the photos of the two of yours!

My tuxedo cat is a somewhat dog-like companion. He fetches, follows me around, and lays at my feet. Lol. We have two dogs, a goldfish, a turtle, and two cats.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

We watch Pirot and Miss Marple too. That's funny!

Good job Kitty! Your food looks great![/quote]

I also watch Murder she wrote too. I watch those shows because alot of todays modern shows are just too voilent or too gory for me. Maybe I'm too sensative, but the older shows like Pirot, Miss Marple and so forth are really soothing and pleasant to watch, no horrific voilence.

I am very easily disturbed, so I would rather not be disturbed.

I LOVED your stories about your little pets Nev and Deb.......pets are such awesome little friends to have.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday :):)

• mittenswillet
    Options
    Well.....dinner tonight is one of my absolute favorite meals!!! Potato boats with cream sauce, svartvinbärsgele (its like a black current jelly for meat dishes...its insanely good!!) and a steak.

This meal really tips the riktor scale on the calorie side...over 2000 but Im eating once a day, and well, im kind of over my calorie nazi days. If its around 1500 then great ..if not....so be it.
    Im only human and I'll just let my body work it all out in its own time.

My man downloaded the whole series of Space 1999 (a show from the 70's) So we are gonna watch an episode with dinner. Dinner and tv shows are our favourite thing......I just cannot eat dinner unless I'm watching something great!

Piccies later!! <3
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    nya4wx68u1x8.jpg
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Wow. You cook my kinda food! Are you Scandinavian also? That is making me even hungrier looking at it. My grandmother often served jellies with meats and roasts-- gooseberry, tomato jelly, currant, lingonberry, etc.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    i LOVE lingon sylt!! I often have it with stekfläsk (special kind of pork) with onion sauce and potatoes......

As for scandanavian...no, I WISH. I orginially came from Australia but now live with my husband in Sweden........so I call myself a Swede...even though Im not =)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    i LOVE lingon sylt!! I often have it with stekfläsk (special kind of pork) with onion sauce and potatoes......

As for scandanavian...no, I WISH. I orginially came from Australia but now live with my husband in Sweden........so I call myself a Swede...even though Im not =)

I love the special meats and cheeses and the smorgasbord, of course.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    nya4wx68u1x8.jpg

WoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwww...the entire meal looks terrific, but those potatoes====The YUM!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    nya4wx68u1x8.jpg

How did you cook the potatoes? Did you bake and then pan fry?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome! We watch "Murder She Wrote" also. My wife has gotten me to watch a bunch of those and they are actually quite fun!
  • mittenswillet
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Deb, for the potatoes, we just simply wash them (normally we dont peel them) then cut them into boats, throw them on an oven tray, put some butter on your hands and pick up all the potatoes so they are lightly coated in butter, then just throw them in the oven and forget about them for 20 to 40 mins...... at 225 degrees celcius

Im guessing for the butter I probably use two heaped tablespoons to coat them all roughly.

Every time we make boats I always tell my husband I could easily just eat these for dinner and nothing else. =)

There are probably millions of ways to make them, but thats how we make em. ;):)

Hey Blambo! Yeah!! Jessica Fletcher is funny, I agree the whole show is alot of fun!! To this day I still call my mother mrs fletcher sometimes cause she is a bit of a snoop hahah!

Thanks Omading!!!! it really was a yummy dish...the hardest part was trying to eat it slowly and savor everything.......LOL after not eating all day I just want to wolf everything down...im working on it. =)
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Your potato boat wedges look amazing.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thanks Deb!!

Tonights dinner was a ready meal, we went to Lidl today and we both saw the ready meal we loved the most, schnitzel with bearnaise sås, so we took a break from cooking and dishes......yay!!! I also had a quarter of a french bread stick as well.

Im getting fuller quicker now...Im starting to almost not be able to finish my meals, but thats a good sign my stomache is getting smaller.mrdm3cecde5i.jpg
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That bread----yum! Isn't your filling up sooner the BEST feeling? It's definitely a sign that your tummy is shrinking--YAY YOU!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    That bread----yum! Isn't your filling up sooner the BEST feeling? It's definitely a sign that your tummy is shrinking--YAY YOU!

Im not used to it! LOL but.........i like it!! =)

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great meals kitty. I look forward to your posts. Your weight loss is great!! Congrats! Love your cat. My 'Smokie' 19 years old died February 2016. The neighbor's cat comes to my house most of the day. He will sleep on my lap or curl up beside me. When it begins getting dark he goes home. He's been my little angel.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Great meals kitty. I look forward to your posts. Your weight loss is great!! Congrats! Love your cat. My 'Smokie' 19 years old died February 2016. The neighbor's cat comes to my house most of the day. He will sleep on my lap or curl up beside me. When it begins getting dark he goes home. He's been my little angel.

My first two cats both lived to be almost 20. I still miss them, and it has been a few years now.