Gastric Sleeve Friends

Options
Looking for friends who have had gastric sleeve and track food regularly. I am 3 months post op 43 pounds down since surgery, 93 since feb 2016. 30 yr old female. HW 340 SW 290 CW 247

Replies

• jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had VSG surgery on Oct 5th. Feel free to add me.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Had my surgery on 08/18/16. Feel free to add me!
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve surgery on 11/14, down 48 lbs since end of August (15 lbs since surgery). Feel free to add me!
  • sexygatubela77
    sexygatubela77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me! We've lost about the same amount of weight. I'm also 3 months post op.
  • annglenn
    annglenn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    To HopelesslyFat2014. I am 66 years old & had my sleeve done on 8/23/2016. HW-308,SW-245.3, CW-221, GW-150. I am losing really slow also. The dr. said it's because I lost a good bit of weight before surgery & my age. I am 5'7".
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My doc put me back on phentermine about a month ago and just prescribed Belviq (picked it up today). My losses are a bit slow, but I lost about before surgery so my surgery day weight was 203. Down to 166 as of last week but they want to speed up the loss since I am in my second 6 mos post op when thing slaps and they want me to get rid of this last 20-25 lbs fast! May be worth looking into meds too
  • annglenn
    Options
    jcvanna2 I was on belviq before surgery & lost from 308 to 245.3. So did you have the sleeve done & when was it. Mine was the sleeve on 8/23/2016.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @annglenn That's great to know about Belviq - I take it you liked it for the most part? I am going to take it only 2x/day vs. 2.

I actually had gastric bypass on 4/18/16. I'm 42, 5'4", HW 239.6, SW 203, and CW 166.8 (but doing my official weekly weigh in at WW this morning).
  • annglenn
    Options
    Yes belviq worked great for me from December 2015 to August 2016 lost from 308 to 245. My surgeon that did my hernia surgery years before said I wasn't losing weight quick enough & needed Bariatric surgery. So I went to the Bariatric surgeon who said can't do the bypass due to my colon being tangled up in my hernia. So she did the sleeve & no hernia repair. I have to lose more weight before the hernia can be repaired because my weight will pull on it. But I am not losing any faster after the sleeve than I was when taking belviq. The whole situation sucks. I eat between 800-1,000 calories a day. How about you?
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Hi Ann,
    Sorry to hear about your loss not speeding up post surgery! Did ou speak to your doctor about that? I give myself 1200 cal/day. I do sometimes go over that on weekends or on hard workout days. Have you been focusing on high protein? I would definitely recommend drinking a lot of water and increasing your activity and see if that helps.
  • MysticCissell1985
    MysticCissell1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, sent request! Looking forward to sharing our journeys together.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am 13 mos post op. I logged everyday for about 340 days straight and then stopped for the past month and boy, what a mistake. I gained 5 pounds over the holidays so I am getting back on track this week. Feel free to add me! My weight loss has been slow but my surgeon warned me it would be because I had the Lap Band from 2007 - 2011 (had to be removed, erosion), regained the weight, and then had the sleeve 12/7/15 and so my metabolism is a mess. SW 220, CW 180 (was 175 before the holidays!). I think I may do a 5DPT or back to liquids for a few days to try and kill my carb cravings. Anyway feel free to add me (that is open to all!).
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Robin628 what is 5DPT? Have ou checked out the regain plans on www.BariatricEating.com? You will knock that 5 lbs off in no time!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @kpie1125
    kpie1125 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. My name is Katie, and I had the gastric sleeve done in July. I'm new to the group so anyone that's looking for a friend to motivate them, feel free to add me. So far I'm down 100 lbs since surgery. I'm looking to lose at least another 100. HW/SW: 410, CW: 309, Goal:175-180

That is AWESOME...nice work! Am sure you feel amazing!
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I had surgery on Dec 9, 2016.
  • Ilovegym2016
    Ilovegym2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me please. I had vsg June 2016. Slow plateud loser. My doc gave me phetermin as well. I haven't started it.
    Has it worked for you?
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Ilovegym2016 phentermine works! Also added Belviq a month or so ago. I haven't taken it as regularly as I should due to holidays and crazy schedule!