Gastric Sleeve Friends

Options

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @MaraOfNaamah not sure what happened to my reply but the Chike label is pictured above. Click uses sucralose and Eat The Bear does have Aline made with stevia. The Bariatric Eating Mexican Chocolate is made with stevia as well.
  • SusieVSG
    SusieVSG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was sleeved on October 28, 2016. I'm down 53 lbs. (I'm 5'4") from my highest weight (a week before surgery) and I feel great. I hadn't been tracking what I eat, but I figured it was time to start. I'm still doing fine with my food, but I would like to know what my macros are and, while I'm still in the "honeymoon phase," I can see how it would be easy to start to rationalize what I'm eating or to let things slip further down the line, so I want to get in the habit now of keeping track. Nice to "meet" you all!
  • Divineglory73
    Divineglory73 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone, new to the group and look forward to us supporting each other after surgery. I will be getting the gastric sleeve done in a few months, I'm see the dietitian the second time tomorrow and at least 3 more times. I meet the surgeon next month. Oh and when it comes to protein for women, I was told to take in at least 80 grams of protein a day.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Divineglory73 Welcome to the group and good luck with your journey! I had bypass and my doc wants me around 80-90 grams of protein and 60-70g of carbs which I struggle maintaining.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome @SusieVSG and @Divineglory73!
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    Sleeved on Monday feeling great.

Awesome!! Congrats!
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    Sleeved on Monday feeling great.

Fantastic news my friend! Keep us updated on your progress!

• pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I got my drain removed this morning I didn't realize how much discomfort it was causing. The my doctor told me I would be another week on Clear liquids. I was so looking forward to full liquids for the energy bump. Two weeks Clear for Sleeve, is that right?
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    Every surgeon has different requirements. I was clear liquids for one week post-op. You are going to be tired which is normal. The main thing to do is follow what your surgeon has laid out for you precisely. When you can start taking in protein (get used to shakes), make sure to drink as much as you can that is recommended. Protein will help your body heal from the surgery.

Sugar free popsicles were my best friend. Jell-O isn't bad, but it gets old. Quick. It worked out ok for me as I wasn't really hungry. By the time I started to get hungry, I was moving on to puree soup and moist cheese like cottage cheese and string cheese.
  • mablade18
    mablade18 Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done in July 2016. Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I too HATE that we don't get to 'close' our diaries, we don't get 5 week weight loss projections, etc either because we intake too few calories for their liking. I have sent a quick email letting MFP know that for weight loss surgery patients this is an unfair practice, and discriminatory. Our stomachs cannot hold more than 6 ounces or less at a time which makes getting 1000 calories or more a day difficult when you're eating LEAN protein and veggies IF there's room left over.

sorry... rant over.

@tarotaces75 and @BumbleBee37 I posted this on a previous thread but I can't remember which one! You can trick MFP and close out your daily diary with under 1000 calories. At the of the day do a Quick Add of calories to get your day over 1000 and then complete your daily entry. For example if you are only at 900 calories for the day, do a Quick Add under one of your meals for 100 calories. Once you've hit complete, go back into your food diary and delete the Quick Add entry. Your day will still be registered as complete after the edit.

The reality is, you won't be eating less than 1000 calories for the rest of your life. Usually somewhere between 6 months and a year you'll need to increase your intake over 1000 calories.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I will be sleeved this Wednesday the 22nd. I'm a little nervous!

I have lost over 100 pounds 3 times in my life, the last time using MFP to lose 170 pounds. And I've regained every time, this last time regaining 115 of the 170 before I decided on the sleeve to stop the progression. I know it will be a ton of work still to maintain, but I'm hoping there is at least a better chance of it than doing it on my own.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @clcmfp we all were nervous when we were about to have surgery but I promise you that it will be over before you know it and you will start feeling amazing soon enough! Lots of good luck, and let us know how you are doing!
  • clcmfp
    Options
    @jcavanna2 Thank you so much! I will!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @clcmfp can't wait to hear how you're doing!
  • karenwivell9
    karenwivell9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had gastric sleeve on 12/19. Would love a friend add.
  • clcmfp
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @clcmfp can't wait to hear how you're doing!

I'm doing well! 6 days out, getting all my liquids and protein and feeling much more like myself. I will be glad to see real food again in a few weeks, but I'm committed to following the rules...