Gastric Sleeve Friends

Options

Replies

• akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 5DPT = 5 Day Pouch Test. A ridiculously named five day plan to "reset" your sleeve or pouch. Many people swear by it. I haven't tried it.

There's a website: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 and @akindofmagick that is correct. It is the 5 Day Pouch Test. It is a similar concept to the 48 hour pouch reset on bariatriceating.com It is really a reset vs. a test (since we can't really stretch out our sleeves). I use it to detox myself from my bad habits (like too many carbs) and return to mindful eating and following sleeve rules. The first two days you drink as much liquid/protein as you would like and then day 3 you re-introduce soft foods, day 4 and 5 solid foods of increasing texture. It is probably 90% mental, but it works for me.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved Sept 26, 2016. I am 37 years old and 5'2". HW-255 SW-220 CW-195. I just sent you a friend request. I log everything too. I hate that mfp won't allow me to close out my diaries because they are less than 1000 calories, but I still log it all anyway.

Hi @BumbleBee37 - I have a trick to get around that issue! When I was eating less than 1000 I would just log the difference as a Quick Add Calories entry, close out my day, then go back and remove the entry. For example, let's say you only eat 850 calories on a day. Just enter a Quick Add of 200 calories, complete your daily entry, then go back into your diary and delete the Quick Add.
  • bessie78
    bessie78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! Newbie here VGS 12/12/16 would love to have some more friends going through it. Feel free to add me.
  • Jennyjen1214
    Jennyjen1214 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had gastric sleeve done 12/14/16. I'm down around 35 since my surgery date. Please feel free to add me. I log everything that I eat lol. Would love to make some new friends
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey @Jennyjen1214! Dr. Minkin did you surgery, right? How did everything go?
  • Jennyjen1214
    Jennyjen1214 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everything went great!! I'm a little over a month out and feel amazing I haven't had any issues thus far it's been amazing!!
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    Awesome! Dr. Minkin was fantastic for me as well. Never had issues with nausea, dumping syndrome or any abnormal pain. I think the worst part of the process for me was the next morning drinking that liquid and getting the x-rays. YUCK! :s

I'm so happy everything has gone well for you too! Keep us updated on your progress and enjoy feeling better every day!
  • necoady
    necoady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All Sleevers,
    I wish I could figure out how to add people and send friend requests, but I'm going to reach out this way until someone can give me some advice.

HW 310
    SW 278.4. (8/31/16)
    CW 193.6

I log all my food in the app. I've been using the app everyday (except during my last hospital stay on 1/3/17). wff0j7lvfe5c.jpg pic taken 8/28/16
    fms00qgobctr.jpg
    Pic taken 12/31/16 - 4 months post op

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @necoady Congrats on your progress! In order to add friends you can click on a. And, it brings up their profile, click again and then the add friend option should come up. Click it and then just put your name and a message...hope that helps!
  • necoady
    necoady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @necoady Congrats on your progress! In order to add friends you can click on a. And, it brings up their profile, click again and then the add friend option should come up. Click it and then just put your name and a message...hope that helps!

Thank you!!!
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It is nice to see some new faces in this group. I had my sleeve surgery Jan 26, 2016. My highest weight was 497, surgery weight 315, and today I weighed in at 218. I see the surgeon on Jan 30th for my 1 year follow up. I have a feeling this is the first time he will not be happy with my 3 month weight loss. At the end Oct I was 223. I had 3 friends and 1 client die on me during these past 3 months and had 6 events I had to attend as I am the social directory for my community. i didn't handle those deaths or events as well as I should have and it will show in my lack of weight loss this time.
    I am going to be 61 tomorrow and wanted to be below 250 by my birthday so I am happy. The older I get the slower my weight seems to come off. I still have 38 pounds to get to my goal. I have seen a PS and he has submitted the paperwork to my insurance for a breast reduction. Now I get to wait 2 to 10 weeks for the insurance approval, I hope. If anyone wants to be friends feel free to add me.
  • DizGal
    DizGal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Feel free to add me! Please do! I'm extremely diligent about logging every bite - I was sleeved on 1/4/17 less than 3 weeks ago so I'm just starting out on soft foods per my doctor. I'm down 26 total and 13 since my surgery. Would love some fellow sleever friends!!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @DizGal congrats on your surgery! Hope you are feeling well!
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    congratulations @DizGal! Friend request sent!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add my. My diary is open to my friends. You can see my great days and you can view my not so great days. Sleeved 2/15, SW 233, CW 130 +/- 2 pounds. I've been at goal since June of last year. I'm still trying to figure out the balance between eating and exercise. Maintenance is actually a more challenging balancing act than weight loss.
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out the balance between eating and exercise. Maintenance is actually a more challenging balancing act than weight loss.

I'm curious about how I will work maintenance once I get there. I figure I will continue to eat healthy, stay within the calorie range for my weight (if I can eat that many calories!), take my supplements and exercise. I don't think weight fluctuations will bother me once I reach my healthy weight range as I don't think I've seen my "healthy" weight range since I was about 12-13 years old!

• Krkr751
    Krkr751 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Sleeved on 1/12/17, so 2 and a half weeks out. Just getting started with MFP app and the forums. In purée phase - enough said there. Look forward to hearing how others are doing!!!!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    StevenGarrigus - I struggled when I first got to my goal weight of 150. I ended up losing down to 129 before I figured out the balance. I wanted to continue my exercise routine I did everyday during the weight lost phase. I increased my calories by 100 per day for 3 weeks and I still lost weight. I did this until I made it through 3 weeks where my weight didn't drop more than a few ounces. I repeated that same caloric intake for another three weeks and I stayed pretty steady. The theory that one size fits all and I could consume XXX calories based on my height does not work for me. I average around 1100 calories per day, walk 10K steps at least 6 of 7 days per week and I've been able to maintain my weight loss within +/- 2 pounds of 130. I just think losing weight was easier because you're just looking for your body to get smaller and the scales to move in the right direction. I still have a real fear of regaining because I did it so many, many times in the past.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm pre-surg. Have had my initial consult and psych evaluation plus nutrition counselling and now just waiting for the rest to get scheduled.

Would love some support!

Vee