Intermittent fasting vs. Keto

Options
124»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    It's not the calorie restriction only that seems to be a problem, it's the constant feeding of small meals/snacks ('so you don't feel as hungry' :s ) that keep insulin levels up in the usual CICO model while one is restricting. Although you may have lower calories when doing OMAD or other fasting protocols, it's the non-eating period to lower insulin that is doing the work, not the amount of calories you eat when you do eat. Or so I understood from his video. Does that seem to make it clearer? Or more muddy? lol

With IFing, when you do eat the rate of calorie consumption is high if only for a short while. With the same amount of calories split into a lot of small meals, the calorie intake rate is much lower and never approaches the rates when you eat the cals in a shorter window. It wouldn't surprise me if the bodies slowdown of metabolism due to having deficits could possibly be slowed (metablism slows less fast) if we eat at a high caloric rate sometimes like happens with IF. Rates matter in dynamical systems.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Okay, duh. Don't laugh, well, go ahead, I won't hear you. I've been counting wrong. I've been doing a 17 hr fast each day, rather than a 16. Well THAT is going to make my schedule so much easier!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Okay, duh. Don't laugh, well, go ahead, I won't hear you. I've been counting wrong. I've been doing a 17 hr fast each day, rather than a 16. Well THAT is going to make my schedule so much easier!

Hey, doing better than you thought, good for you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Hey, doing better than you thought, good for you.

Yeah, that one hour just changed my entire mind set! ha. Three cheers for bad maths!