1. You know how far things are because of a run
2. You have serious sock tanlines
3. You've lost a toenail

Let's hear them!

Replies

• rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    HA!! I just did #1 to my wife in the last day or so. We were in conversation and she wanted to argue with me about how long it would take her to get to a certain point (driving), and I instantly related to the distance known from my runs and the timing necessary as a runner. Of course, any chance I get to prove her wrong, I have to pounce on it, so pulled up my run tracking app, and showed the time and distance on the recorded app, and dug that dog house a little deeper!!! :tongue:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...that is awesome!

4. Wear a sportsbra to work because it'll be a faster change after to go running
  • mellorunner
    Options
    (For guys especially) You wear some nice 2" split shorts around the house because they are way more comfortable than regular clothing.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...that is awesome!

4. Wear a sportsbra to work because it'll be a faster change after to go running

I do this all the time now! I can't remember the last time I wore a regular bra.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    (For guys especially) You wear some nice 2" split shorts around the house because they are way more comfortable than regular clothing.

Love this!!!

The first question people ask you when you get in to work is how many miles you ran this morning.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You can upholster your entire lawn with race tees
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Your child's first full sentence is, "Mommy go running?"
  • mellorunner
    Options
    You've snuck out of family holiday obligations to do a long run. (Nothing better than a christmas afternoon long run!)

You've spent your entire birthday at a track meet.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    MFP needs a "like" button. These are gold.

How about "you plan weekends get-a-ways with your spouse based on where there's a good race to run."

"You turn down a night out with friends because you have to do 12 miles in the morning"
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    There are more running clothes in your laundry than regular clothes...

People don't recognize you in street clothes...

"Cross-training" = Trail Running (for road runners) or Road Running (for trail runners)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    You're looking for a new state to live in based on how many months a year you can run outside.

You don't get grossed out by runner's trots.
  • mellorunner
    Options
    You don't know anything about the "major" sports, but can go into great detail about the latest Diamond League results, the major marathons, NCAA XC/Track, and the World Championships.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    You go clothes shopping and immediately head for the athletic apparel section.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    How about "you plan weekends get-a-ways with your spouse based on where there's a good race to run."

You mean you don't start vacation planning by finding a race you want to run and then building the rest of the trip around it?
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You're looking for a new state to live in based on how many months a year you can run outside.

Pacific Northwest FTW (as long as you don't mind gray skies)
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    You turn green with envy when you see other runners out running even though you just ran earlier that day yourself... LOL.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When your tech tees outnumber your regular tees.
    When you get a rash from your HRM strap.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Did not see nipple burn mentioned yet! :-)
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When you have more running socks than "regular socks"

When you can justify having an extra beer after a long run.
  • TriLifter
    Options

Pacific Northwest FTW (as long as you don't mind gray skies)

Yes? I'm in New England now. Too much snow in the winter so I'm stuck on a treadmill. I don't mind gray skies...and I am being completely serious right now.

When you eat more than anyone else at work but are in the best shape.