You have an HRM strap tan line.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Race dates are circled on your work calendar
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    You drive to work over the weekend to drop off your work clothes so that you can run to work during the week.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    You drive to work over the weekend to drop off your work clothes so that you can run to work during the week.

Okay, that's hardcore.

Your jogging stroller has more miles on it than the "regular" stroller.
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are injured (can't run) and find yourself glaring at every runner you see while driving to and from work :grumble:
  • seizethefray
    seizethefray Posts: 109
    Options
    Ooh ooh! I wanna play...

* You weigh your junk food options in terms of how long it will take to "run it off."
    * You have to limit the races you register for because it's breaking the bank.
    * You silently applaud other runners you drive past on the street (while resisting the urge to yell encouraging words out the window).
    * You see a 13.1 or 26.2 sticker on the car in front of you and instantly feel like you are freeway BFFs.
    * You have a terrible memory but can remember your first PR/marathon/half marathon time down to the second.
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    Ooh ooh! I wanna play...

* You weigh your junk food options in terms of how long it will take to "run it off."
    * You silently applaud other runners you drive past on the street (while resisting the urge to yell encouraging words out the window).
    * You see a 13.1 or 26.2 sticker on the car in front of you and instantly feel like you are freeway BFFs.
    * You have a terrible memory but can remember your first PR/marathon/half marathon time down to the second.

HAHAHAHA, AWESOME.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Here's one I just experienced today. I based my travel dates to a conference for work based on the local 5K/10K schedule.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Guilty.....wifey started yelling at me for this. But it was more that I had to "spread out" the registrations requiring more pre-planning on my part. I couldn't just register for everything I saw all at once. My eyes and ambition were bigger than my wallet.
  • TriLifter
    Options

I am especially guilty of both of these!

You feel it's your right to shovel as much food into your face as you want because you'll just run it off later.
  • mellorunner
    Options

And if you run with a group/team you remember all of their PRs too. And the competitions...

Seriously though, I know the PRs 800-8000 for the 15 guys on my team...plus the guys I ran with in high school...plus the top guys in our conference...plus the top national/international runners...

But I can barely remember what day of the week it is, much less what is on a final exam. How is this fair?
  • TriLifter
    Options
    When, if you're not actually running, you're thinking about running...
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    *When you see 13.1 or 26.2 stickers on cars as you drive up you say "hell yeah" then as you drive by you glare at them to see how fast they "look"

*You know the mileage on your shoes better than the mileage on your car.

*You have conversations with hills as you approach them.

*you have to replace your anti-friction stick as often as your deodorant stick

*You have your running schedule mapped out a year in advance.

*You stretch for 20 minutes before a race and 30 seconds before a training run.

*You run before or after a short race to get your mileage up to your required distance for training. (I did this earlier this year, ran the course before the 10K started to get up to 9 miles. Still PR'd that bad boy too heh)
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You run 55 miles in one week before realizing there are two weeks of tapering before a 5K, not one.
    You run multiple half-marathons within a week to prove to yourself you are a running maniac. Even though you already know that.
    You consider a 5K a "short jaunt".
    When you get to 20-21 miles during a training run and have a strong compulsion to "finish" the marathon.
    Your acceptable endorphin rush starts at 17 miles.
    You are in more than 2 private running accountability groups. And keep joining others;)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    You wake up at 3:30 during the week (5 on weekends) so you can do a long run before work
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You own 8 or more pairs of running shoes because they are for different types of "running occasions"!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    No one ever asks you what you want for Christmas--they just buy you running gear
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    when your hubby says "another pair of runners? why can't you buy some sexy heels for a change?"
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    When, if you're not actually running, you're thinking about running...

omg, this...lol

ETA:
    *You know the mileage on your shoes better than the mileage on your car.

*You have conversations with hills as you approach them.

and this!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Before going on vacation, I have already mapped our two or three routes on MapMyRun :)