You Know You're a Runner When...

Options

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You are so unable to take a break from pounding the roads that your plantar fasciitis goes from one foot to both feet, and becomes chronic, for almost 20 years, even though you have insoles, and a night boot, and know how to stretch, and you don't weigh very much!
    I apologize for being depressing.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When you reject clothes because they aren't moisture wicking.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    3. You've lost a toenail

Yes, I am currently missing one on each foot! How about you know you are a long distance runner when you have chafing scars from your HRM.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Yes, I am currently missing one on each foot! How about you know you are a long distance runner when you have chafing scars from your HRM.

This is me. Scarring from a HRM is the new sexy, right? That's what I tell myself.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    When you won't pay $10 to go to the movies but think nothing of blowing away $50 on a 5k race and wished it was over in less than 30 minutes...
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You run multiple half-marathons within a week to prove to yourself you are a running maniac. Even though you already know that.

That's a Fanatic, Maniacs do fulls.
    http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/
    http://www.halffanatics.com/
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you're not running, you're surfing the runners forums and magazine articles. OYE!!! I need a life, oh wait, I need to go run! HA!
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    This thread is gold, it feels so good to know I'm normal, kinda... LOL.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    3. You've lost a toenail

Yes, I am currently missing one on each foot!

I'm missing 2 on the left and one on the right.

You know you're a runner when you can't wear open toed shoes anymore. So sad!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    3. You've lost a toenail

Yes, I am currently missing one on each foot!

I'm missing 2 on the left and one on the right.

You know you're a runner when you can't wear open toed shoes anymore. So sad!
    I need a pedicure so bad right now but I'm too embarrassed to go because of my missing toe nail. Lol
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    When you're road running and you come to a red light, instead of jogging in place until the light turns green like the newbs do, you just stand with your hands on your hips and look a little aggravated.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have found all of these to be true LOL:

The first question people ask you when you get in to work is how many miles you ran this morning.
    Hahaha...that is awesome!

4. Wear a sportsbra to work because it'll be a faster change after to go running
    1. You know how far things are because of a run
    2. You have serious sock tanlines
    3. You've lost a toenail (close for me but not quite)
    Ooh ooh! I wanna play...

* You weigh your junk food options in terms of how long it will take to "run it off."
    * You have to limit the races you register for because it's breaking the bank.
    * You silently applaud other runners you drive past on the street (while resisting the urge to yell encouraging words out the window).
    * You see a 13.1 or 26.2 sticker on the car in front of you and instantly feel like you are freeway BFFs.
    You go clothes shopping and immediately head for the athletic apparel section.
    You can upholster your entire lawn with race tees (and race bibs!)

and would like to add:

♦ You know where all the public water fountains are
    ♦ Those aren't sock tan lines...its dirt!
    ♦ You not only buy running gear for yourself... but also for your dog ☺
    ♦ You use porta potties way more than you ever thought you would!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg
  • seizethefray
    seizethefray Posts: 109
    Options

* You have a terrible memory but can remember your first PR/marathon/half marathon time down to the second.

And if you run with a group/team you remember all of their PRs too. And the competitions...

Seriously though, I know the PRs 800-8000 for the 15 guys on my team...plus the guys I ran with in high school...plus the top guys in our conference...plus the top national/international runners...

But I can barely remember what day of the week it is, much less what is on a final exam. How is this fair?

That's hardcore! Runners and their numbers... :)
  • seizethefray
    Options
    *You have conversations with hills as you approach them.

*You stretch for 20 minutes before a race and 30 seconds before a training run.

These had me cracking up. Sounds about right!
  • seizethefray
    Options
    When you head out for a quick run with more accessories than is probably necessary (watch, chest strap, headphones, arm band, phone..."ok gotta sync the HRM, iPod, RunKeeper...GO!") Haha
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    When you're road running and you come to a red light, instead of jogging in place until the light turns green like the newbs do, you just stand with your hands on your hips and look a little aggravated.

And keep impatiently punching the button because that will make the light change quicker! :tongue:
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Gah, that's the difference from "joggers" who wear sweats and pink headbands and jog in place with out a care and runners who wear shorts and tech tees and sports bras and just stare at the red light with murder in their eyes. YOU'RE KILLING MY TIME FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU I just did this twice today LOL.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    When you head out for a quick run with more accessories than is probably necessary (watch, chest strap, headphones, arm band, phone..."ok gotta sync the HRM, iPod, RunKeeper...GO!") Haha

Haha I was just thinking this today, I had my phone GPS running, spotify, my headphones, water bottle.... and had to start my phone and my fitbit simultaneously. I was like a fast moving radioshack.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    When you have to justify to your SO, why you need a new; cap, runners, shorts, t's, ipod, GPS watch with HRM. etc
    and then come up with a budget that you believe is acceptable when it is spread over the year.