Class Of 2016

Sunny_Bunny_
Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
I really love the idea of shining a spotlight on the folks that were new to low carb starting anytime in 2016. I think it's a great opportunity to encourage the incoming 2017 class by showing them what they can potentially achieve in just one year or less.
Sometimes I think it's not as impressive to hear from those of who have been at it for a much longer time because it's hard to see ourselves 2+ years down the road and the brain wants to credit that longevity with all the benefits that person is reporting.
We all know that major benefits are achieved within that very first year and even just weeks into a committed Low Carb life. Changes that just get better with time, but let's face it, it's hard to think too far ahead.
This is not meant to be a measure to compare one person to another and who did better or lost more weight. Every one of us has different goals and even had surprise benefits that perhaps became more important than any weight loss goal.

So, Class of 2016!!! I ask you to share your personal journey and the benefits you achieved this past year. Weather weight loss or health markers or less pain. Whatever benefit you saw in just this past year or less, please help the Class of 2017 see what they might also be able to report next year if they choose to see it through. And we know they can!

Replies

• angievanhill
    angievanhill Posts: 19 Member
    I'm a class of 2017. I just started yesterday am and so far I've damn near lost my sanity...
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    I'm a class of 2017. I just started yesterday am and so far I've damn near lost my sanity...

What do you mean?
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    I just typed my long story and it disappeared. :(
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    I just typed my long story and it disappeared. :(

Oh no!
    Using emojis is what causes that. Sometimes they eat everything you write other times they don't.