Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welp, I called insurance back this morning since I hadn't gotten my request for the written policy and SURPRISE! There was no request in for that to be sent to me, and no, my policy does not cover infertility services! >:)>:)

I was super skeptical that they were going to cover it from the get go, but the fact that he lied to me about my coverage and then didn't send me the written policy makes me livid. I think he was just a dingus and didn't know how to interpret it, and then didn't follow through with my request. I complained and requested our recorded conversation to be pulled and brought to someones attention. Insurance reps have to tell you the correct information. What if I had trusted that and gone on to get these super expensive procedures done!? My emotions are already so exhausted and worn so thin, this added to the rollercoaster for me :(

The good news is, I was skeptical and called them back. Shaking it off and moving forward! Hopefully I wont need full fertility services anyway :) Insurance does cover testing, but not the treatments like IVF. Im sure I wont need it, this is our month!!! :D

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 That is incredibly frustrating but good job looking out for yourself! Fingers crossed for you that this is your month!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What a jackwagon....it's sad and frustrating when it feels like you have to do everyone's job for them anymore! I worked for a equine breed association for a couple of years and yea, if you didn't know the rule interpretation 100%, you better just say I need to double check that and get back to you, because you can not give the wrong information , it would lead to a crazy horse show mom yelling at you in the middle of a show 6 months later because "I called and was told....."

Glad you followed up! You'll get your BFP this cycle anyways, so it'll all be digging for nothing. :)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Kirstie, that is so disappointing and frustrating. Good job checking up on it! You won't need it anyway! RE: your chart yesterday, I'm not too skilled with interpreting them, but it looks like you've Od on CD 14-16 the past few cycles, and if your overall cycle length is consistent it will probably just be a couple more days! Temp spikes are weird but my chart looks really rocky before O day too--well, for the one month I've done it. Fingers crossed for those crosshairs!
  • pezhed
    Options
    Also, can you just temp when you wake up 30 minutes early then roll around and sleep some more?
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    I found this the other day, not sure how accurate it is but might help with slight differences in temping times. For peace of mind even if you don't use "adjusted" temperatures in your actual charting.

http://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I feel like I'm going crazy..".why are my opks getting lighter? The one this morning almost didn't have a second line! I can't have Oed already, that was too soon! But if I haven't yet why are opks all super negative?! Ahhhhh!!"

Weird *kitten* cycle. Lol. Tired of doing the baby dance, but we are trying to get all of our days covered. Hubby is being such a champ, but we are both tired and sore. Sex this much in your 30s is WORK!
  • gingermary82
    gingermary82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's inputs, you've great!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I stalked your chart just now and it looks like you got a high temp today! Maybe you just missed your LH surge with the OPK. I guess time will tell. Looks like your BD timing was good though! So hard to do consecutive days, haha.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks for checking in on me Pez! I hope I Oed on Wednesday, that would mean I got O, O-1, O-2, O-3. Or Tuesday. Tuesday would be O+1, O, O-1, O-2! Either would be great! Nervous about the temps though, Ive been sleeping terribly all week Come on weekend, momma needs to RELAX!!
    Pez, your weekend sounds awesome!(saw your status :) have an awesome time!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @pezhed Good luck nailing down O-day! Alas, AF came with a vengeance. I'm on TTC cycle 5 now. I was so sure because of all the lower back pains that this month was gonna be it. But no, it was just the UTI causing all of that. I think it was higher up by the kidneys.

@SheilAnneSmith :D OMG your cow jokes!

@Kirstie155 Oh man, that's so annoying with your insurance. And sorry you're feeling so down on this current cycle. Sounds like you have a good chance this month though.

@gingermary82 That's a lot to have on your plate at once. I'm kinda with @VeryKatie . But one thing you might want to consider is coming off birth control (if you are on it) and tracking/temping a few cycles before going into try mode. I went off the pill in March. It wasn't until June that I had a normal cycle. So if you want to start trying in November, stopping BC in September might be helpful. And you will have a general sense of when you ovulate.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Alioth sorry you got your period! Hang in there with TTC. We've got this, right?

My chart is completely meaningless to me but FF keeps giving me dotted crosshairs. My temp really never rose very much and today it was very low, but even though I'm not trusting my chart I had to google "temp dip at 5dpo" and came up with all these forum posts about implantation dips and whatnot. I have no evidence that it IS a dip since I don't even have tomorrow's temp. I have no evidence that I ever even ovulated except for those damned dotted crosshairs. I also have had no positive, or even darkened, OPKs. No fertile CM. Not having any evidence of anything isn't stopping the crazy. C'mon brain!!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Pezhed how frustrating!

Am I the only one that puts in hypothetical temps a day ahead just to see what FF will do when you're close to getting cross-hairs like a crazy person!?

I hoped for an obvious temp increase this morning, but not yet. I'm up about 0.3 degrees, but it was a sharper rise last month. Hopefully tomorrow. If I get any sort of rise tomorrow it looks like it wants to set my cross-hairs on Saturday (CD12). I'm sure their algorithm knows best, but I'm not sure if I agree because my temps weren't really obviously up on Sunday or today and my (hypothetical) cover-line seems odd, with about 1/2 of the temps before O being above it slightly. It looks like it'll want to set my cover-line at about 96.9, assuming I'm the same or up in temperature tomorrow morning. Guess tomorrow will tell me more!

My head seems clearer and I feel less stressed about getting in BD attempts this cycle, which has made it more enjoyable than just being a chore. I think making the decision to focus less on it in the coming months and being OK with it not happening right away has helped me a lot. I hope we're successful this month, but at the same time I'm 100% okay if we aren't. I'm up several pounds and anxious to focus on something else for a little while.

I'm super busy the next two weekends during the 2WW, so I'm making a promise not to buy more test and just wait it out until AF is due with hopes I'll keep distracted until then.

Here's a link to my chart, I enter my temp at 4:30am, so anytime after that should tell more of a story tomorrow.

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6bb51a
  • pezhed
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith it looks like you got your temp rise today, so that's good! Thanks for the idea of inputting hypothetical temps, haha, yesterday I played around with my chart a bit. Glad to hear you've got a cool head about it all.

My temp was low again today so my dotted crosshairs disappeared. That honestly makes more sense to me since I never got a positive OPK and I've been burning through those things. I feel like I'm going to be peeing in a cup twice a day for the rest of my life.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @pezhed It did rise a bit, but it's interesting how much lower my temps are this month than last month both before and after ovulation.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @pezhed Yeesh. That would drive me nuts. Hopefully it will come clearer soon!
    @SheilAnneSmith The crosshairs annoy me on both sites I now use. I wish I could just put my own temp baseline down manually, now that I have a decent idea of where that should be. 97.1 makes more sense to me. I'm a chart noob, but I wonder if your baseline should be 97.1 too? Glad you're feeling less stressed.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Ugh, I left town for my class reunion and forgot my thermometer. Oops. So, my chart is going to be missing Friday, Sat and Sunday.
  • Alioth
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Lol. Oh well.
    This temping thing is interesting. I did a chart overlay today out of curiosity. There is a clear mirroring going on from month to month. I expected cycle charts to be more random and different month to month. But not so.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Alioth it's pretty cool to see patterns, isn't it?!

I FINALLY got an LH surge on Sunday, which happened to be our 1-year wedding anniversary, so that was a nice treat. I'm hoping to confirm ovulation with temps soon?? But no discernible rise yet. Maybe tomorrow. CD27 here so hoping for some confirmation soon.

I'm struggling to explain to people why I'm not buying a ski pass this year. I don't want to tell the world we're trying to get pregnant but am not a very creative explainer. I mean I just told my coworker "because of life stuff" and he recommended a bunch of cheaper passes than the full season pass and I just stopped talking, haha.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @pezhed Happy Anniversary!
This discussion has been closed.