Trying to Concieve

Options
dushanek1
dushanek1 Posts: 5 Member
Hey Ladies,
Anyone else trying to conceive? My husband and I have been married since October and we have never prevented pregnancy. I went off the pill in 2008 and then never had a natural cycle for 2 years after that. Now I have my cycle but doctors say that I don't ovulate. I have tried Clomid and femera but not luck yet! Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I don't personally have the same experience but my mom and her sister are/were the same way, so it was definitely a concern of mine all these years. You may be ovulating very occasionally, and maybe the doctor isn't seeing that once in a while ovulation? My mom ovulated just twice a year... and still got four kids! The first one fixed her cycle. My aunt doesn't have children though. But there can always be hope! My mom said that she went on the pill (would have been whatever they used in the 70's) for a year and then it still took a couple years to get pregnant. How long have you had your natural cycle back for? Maybe you just need time. Sometimes the effects of birth control hormones can take a few years to dissipate. And conceiving can take a while too. Have you only been "trying" since October? Or longer? Sorry if that is too much to ask!

Welcome to the group! We're here for whatever support that we can provide!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to conceive just yet, but hopefully soon. Are you underweight, overweight, or have any other health issues that you know about?

Sorry that you are having trouble conceiving :(
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Lol..Just kidding! We have officially started trying! :)@dushanek1
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 OMG yay!!!!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    :D So excited!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    :D So excited!

Giggity.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 That's awesome! Baby dust sent your way!
  • Muse823
    Muse823 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! About to start my 3rd round of clomid. Dealing PCOS and a bit overweight but healthy otherwise! Been TTC for 2 years. Hoping dropping my weight & stress level helps.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Muse823 Sending baby dust your way!
  • StephAStephan
    StephAStephan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hiiii!!! I had two back to back miscarriages (one in September and one in December). Nervous, so we went to a reproductive endocrinologist. I'm about to start injectables on Saturday (probably Follistem). We opted out of Clomid (1. Because my mother had over-stim on it and they were nervous it might happen to me and 2. Insurance says that I can!) Anyone have any pointers? I'm nervous! I definitely don't want to give myself injections, but am willing to do anything necessary, of course. My hubby is hoping for twins. I'm hoping that this pregnancy makes it all 40 weeks!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @StephAStephan sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I don't have any experience of fertility meds but the very best of luck!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    So I bought a basal body thermometer...and Im pretty sure Im screwing it up! Temped the last 2 days, but hubby rolls around and wakes me up a lot throughout the night. Tommorrow should be CD1 of our first real month trying, so maybe that explains the 1 degree difference from yesterday? Too new at this to be sure :p
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 it will take you a little bit of trying to figure it out and see the trends. Make sure you are doing it at about the same time every morning, before you get out of bed. I notice that if I forget and get up to go to the bathroom or something, and then take my temp it will be off. You are also supposed to track things you do that are out of the norm in case it impacts the temp: did you drink the night before? etc.

I fall into the "lower" temperature bucket, so I am consistently between 96-97, and usually in the upper 97s, maybe 98 after I ovulate.

You'll get it figured out! Good luck TTC this month :)
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I agree with @jennamae102. Unfortunately, temperature is one of those things that is different for each of us and you have to watch for the trends in it. I tend to drop the day before CD1 and the day before Ovulation but others don't so you will just have to watch it for what yours does. In addition to things you do out of the norm, the temperature in the room and whether or not you sleep with your mouth open can also effect it (some ladies temp vaginally, but I haven't ventured there lol)

Hopefully you wont have to analyze over the coming months and you will end up pregnant this cycle!! Best of luck!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 yep, even 20 mins can raise your temp by 0.2°F. Also, make sure your mouth is closed for at least 5 mins before you take your temp (and obviously no drinking or eating). Also, at the end of your cycle, if you're coming up on day one, there will be a drop in temperature as your progesterone drops. It could be as much as 2 or 3°F. I found mine would still be dropping a bit in the first few days of my period.

I also had a lower BT. Mine was often as low as 95°F until I ovulated. Even now, during the day, it's still lower than "body temperature". Today it was only 96.4. My dad has that too.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Wow ya'll. Temping is tough! I had no idea it was so sensitive....or that so many of you had done it already. Glad to have your advice :)
    I haven't set an alarm for it, and just did it as soon as I was conscious and stuck the thermometer in my mouth. Also hoping I get pregnant this cycle @jennamae102 and I don't have to temp too long bc I feel like sleeping temping is going to be really hard for me! I keep opening my mouth before the thermometer beeps. Or falling back asleep. Maybe I'll get better with time?? Maybe I'll do OPKs if we are still trying in a few months? Keeping in mind it takes lots of healthy couples a while to get pregnant, so not getting too stressed on our first month, but the extra data cant hurt, right? Might have some drinks tonight, CD1 tomorrow (why yes, I did poas 2 days ago even though we didnt BD during my FW this month, why do you ask?) ready for the first real month of trying to begin!! :D
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 does your thermometer store the last temp reading? Mine was just a cheap thermometer but for the first few seconds it displays the last temp. So even if you fall asleep I bet your last reading will be there, in the event you fall asleep.

Having to wake up at 6:00 everyday for a few mins was the reason I only charted for 3 months.

But yeah, it's best to take the temp within 30 mins of the same time. If you usually temp at 6:00 but wait till 9:00 one day, you could expect your temp to be approx 1.2°F higher than it would have been at 6:00.
  • sarahspractice
    sarahspractice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am terrible at temping, and 2+ years ago when we were firmly tta I ordered this (https://tempdrop.xyz/) and it is finally shipping this month!!! The benefit being not needing to wake up at all to temp, and theoretically getting a more accurate temp as you get a true overnight low rather than a waking low.

On another note, I've been eyeing off all the bellies and babies today... sort of wishing we were ttc now :D I think this feeling is what people call clucky? Might be just a tiny bit obsessed and jealous today hmmm.

(the reason we are waiting is for my phd scholarship to be confirmed, mainly because it has paid maternity leave which would make things much easier...)
  • sarahspractice
    sarahspractice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also, it is SO SO nice to be able to post that HAHAHA no one we know IRL knows the plan so I can't say anything yet, and have to try very hard not to be too obsessed with my friends 9month old girl <3
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    :) the only people IRL who know we are TTC this month is one really good friend of mine, and the woman who made the baby hat and booties for me (and we go way back but aren't super close)
    This community keeps me sane!

Also...I just found the subreddit r/babyrooms. Enter at your own risk! It's people's pictures of their competed nurseries. Omahgahhhh I stayeed up so late looking at all the pretty nurseries!! Our future nursery is full of junk, stuff to donate, a new vanity for the bathroom, tubs of clothes, junk junk junk! We didn't even paint it when we moved in. I can't wait to make that room up!!
This discussion has been closed.