Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @katycapp ahhh that's so exciting! I hope it sticks!! Just two weeks... that 2ww is the worst haha.
    @girlalmighty08 I noticed a lot of similar things as @puffbrat when I went of BC:

@girlalmighty08 The recommendation I got from my doctor when I spoke with her about it when the plan was to start in 2016 was to have at least one normal cycle before actively trying but it's a moot point for me now as I'll have many cycles before we TTC.

I've been off birth control for over a month now and this is what I've noticed so far:
    • I didn't notice any significant drop in weight so I don't believe it was causing me to retain much if any water (I weigh daily) BUT I have noticed a significant decrease in appetite [...]
    • I'm much happier mentally (I've noticed I'm more often than not in a good mood now and I've even found myself singing and dancing again) and a lot less sensitive (read: more emotionally stable) {Katie - THIS!! I am never going back on BC purely because of this.}
    • My libido is coming back
    • I feel more and more like the old me (and by old me, I mean the me that wasn't on birth control haha) the more time that goes on and honestly do not ever see myself using hormonal birth control again

• 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's great news @katycapp!! How exciting! Keeping everything crossed for you. We are starting to try this month (just finished my period), I'm really nervous this time around! Maybe because things have been weird during my cycles lately, lots of spotting around day 9/10 so a few days after my period is over...never experienced this before so it's hard not the think something is off :neutral:
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Just posted this somewhere else, but it should have been here.

10DPO and tested yesterday and today with stark white negatives. Ugh. Maybe I shouldn't have tested early but its difficult! My boobs are sensitive and that obvi means Im pregnant. Cycle 2 and we only BD on O-1, but if you only get it once during FW, thats a great day to do it! My temps are mountain ranges and I think its cause I temp at different times and dont get quality sleep. I temped 3x in a row this morning and got a .5 degree difference, so I think my mouth was open when I was sleeping, then it warmed up or something for a few minutes after that? IDK.

Weight is back to normal for the month, so at least I havent gained anything!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 - I have the same problem as you! For the first couple of months I tested every day, starting at about 10DPO (way, way too early!). My husband realised what I was up to and begged me to stop peeing on our money! (Plus a negative result affected my mood for the rest of the day). Now I try to wait for my expected period - but sometimes slip up if I think I spot a "symptom". I think that sore boobs, tiredness, gassiness and heartburn must be my normal PMS because I get them every month! On 3DPO today and thought I felt nauseated this morning - just remembered thta the pregnancy hormone doesn't even appear until after implantation (day 6-12) so can't possibly be pregnancy related.
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    Soooo hard not to test isn't it! This is our first month trying again, haven't ovulated yet so awhile to go but I'm already anticipating the multiple deals I will make with myself not to test, and then inevitably break them :neutral:@samlovesthesnow @Kirstie155 have you bought some bulk buy cheapies online? For my first pregnancy I got a positive on one of those at 9/10 DPO and confirmed it with a first response afterwards. Good luck this month!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    13DPO today, and negative this morning again. Not out til Im out, but Im assuming Im out!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not out yet! Is your temp still up? 5DPO here and symptom spotting like crazy - think I'm slowly going mad!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Sam, my temps are very up and down. I dont always temp at the same time, 6am on Friday and Saturday, 10am on Sunday. I might also be a mouth breather!

Symptom spotting is the worst!! >.<
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    We are planning to start trying in May. There's a minuscule chance we could have gotten pregnant in April and my period should have started today but it hasn't. Negative HPT yesterday. I'm going to try to wait to test again until the cheap test strips arrive in the mail from Amazon.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Oh, btw not pregnant this month. I scheduled another MRI with contrast this time and am hoping to get the steroid epidural to relieve my pain. Hoping this goes quickly and Im not out of the ttc game for too long!
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    Hope you get some relief soon @Kirstie155. Hmmm...minuscule chances can happen @marianlyn, although if wanted to start in May hopefully it's not too much of a shock if you are! We started this month, currently a few DPO so the waiting game begins...
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @1fit_mamma We would manage the surprise! We wanted to avoid a December birth, but sparing us the trying and waiting, trying and waiting, trying and waiting....might be worth it. So I'll be happy either way, I think. I just hope the late cycle doesn't mean I've stopped ovulating. I had that problem once before due to stress
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    So I have short cycles, where my period and fertile window are about a week apart. I have my MRI scheduled tomorrow, and my fertile window starts Wednesday! My period was last week. So tempting to just go for it anyway since I am starting to feel better…my head knows it’s not a great idea, but man it’s so hard to convince the baby rabies to just wait! I have an obgyn appointment on May 18th to ask about how long I have to wait after the epidural (assuming they can perform it on my screwed up spine.) Why is TTC so much WAITING???
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Scratch that, insurance denied the second MRI so close to the first so my appointment is cancelled for tomorrow. Even more waiting! :/
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Nooo why would they deny it! Sometimes these things need to be be done when they need to be done! That's infuriating! I agree you should just TTC haha. Because babies be cute.
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    That's so frustrating @Kirstie155, why something that is clinically warranted is denied baffles me. Totally agree, another vote for TTC! ;)
  • marianlyn
    Options
    Well, no surprise from that minuscule chance in April. Instead, my cycle was 3 days late, causing much anxiety! Starting to track BBT tomorrow morning for the first time ever. Any veterans with tips?
  • VeryKatie
    edited May 2017
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    Well, no surprise from that minuscule chance in April. Instead, my cycle was 3 days late, causing much anxiety! Starting to track BBT tomorrow morning for the first time ever. Any veterans with tips?

Take your temp at the same time everyday (as soon as you wake up). Your mouth should be closed for at least 5 mins before.
    Take the temp before moving as much as possible.
    Use a thermometer that has memory and can measure to within 0.2°F.
    And I'd say try not to draw any conclusions until you're 2-3 months into it, so that you can see a trend. Sometimes the peaks and valleys are hard to read if all you have is one month of data.
    Cycle day 1 should be the first day of your period and the cycle goes until you get your period again.

Note that if your room is too hot or cold, that can affect the BBT so that's why it's good to see a whole trend.
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Starting a new cycle (today is day 3). Will do the same meds as last cycle--femara cd3-7 then ovidrel trigger after follicles measure large enough.
    The doc is now highly recommending that we move on to IUI if this cycle doesn't work. We most likely won't as my partner and I don't feel like we have given this enough time. ---We have been using meds along with timed at home inseminations with a known donor---
    Even still I wish the doc hadn't mentioned that because it is only causing more stress and making me feel like I am on a strict timeline.
    Let's just hope it works this cycle so that I don't have to basically tell the doc that we disagree with him.
    Baby dust ladies!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @katycapp sending you TONS of baby dust!!!
This discussion has been closed.