Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    MRI approved and scheduled for tomorrow morning!

TTC might be on hold though, hubby is super stressed and the weight of everything has finally caused him to break down a little. He's always hidden his stress and isn't a sharing, feel kinda guy. So I think laying off this month might be just what he needs? When I said we should delay, he said no way, but I think it might be just what he needs :( fw right now, with O estimated on Saturday.

I guess I'll see what happens and focus on my back physical therapy and diet. Those are 2 things I can actually control right now!

Sorry to hear you aren't pregnant, Katycap! Baby dust for this cycle for you!!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for everyone trying!

Poor hubby @Kirstie155 :( Often partners do know what's best, and if it was to be your month it could be the positive news he needs? Maybe just "try" but very low key and relaxed?

I'm 6/7DPO and playing the waiting game...feeing pretty relaxed but I think I'm just trying to fool myself lol. Don't feel pregnant in the slightest, I know it's early but surely you should feel something right? My last pregnant seemed sooooo long ago I can't remember anything from this stage other than the day I got a positive. The 2ww is so tedious *sigh*
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Tww is the worst, hang in there @1fit_mamma I usually start testing by 8 dpo or so, but I think k as the cycles roll on it gets easier to wait. Fingers crossed for you!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are officially TTC! A first for both of us. It's totally exciting and yet still so scary. I haven't been doing any serious fertility monitoring except for the period tracker I've been using on my phone since forever, it has a fertility tracker in it. According to that, I am fertile this week and ovulating May 7th. lol This is all so crazy to me.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good luck @Jackie0Marie! How exciting! Making the shift from preventing pregnancy to seriously planning to TTC has been a interesting/challenging mental shift for me. Seems so unnatural to go from years of preventing something to all of the sudden having it desired and the goal. Crazy and scary are exactly how I've felt recently. We are still a few months out from really TTC, but just mentally preparing is a little overwhelming.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Went to see my -obgyn- midwife, and she said that the steroid epidural would only delay TTC one cycle! I can't get this scheduled fast enough...I'm scheduled to O tomorrow and dont want to have to sit out 2 cycles.

Also, they offer gas at this practice for laboring mommas- I didn't know they offered that in the US!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wohooo! Fingers crossed you get one ASAP @kirstie155. That's interesting about the gas, its standard practice here in Aus so I'm surprised it's not the same in the US. I've heard it's not even that helpful, that even though you are spaced out you still feel the full brunt of labour? Sounds horrible to me!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @1fit_mamma I know about gas in other countries because I watch baby/pregnancy shows and documentaries and do lots of research. Here in the US, you can have an epidural and that's about it, maybe some oral meds but I really dont think so. The discovery that this Practice has midwifes, and the hospital they are affiliated offers gas (one of the only ones in the country she said!!) has me really excited. The hospital is about 30 miles from my house, but only 1 mile from my husbands work, and has a NICU. I think Ive found my practice! Now I just need to get pregnant!
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am anticipating being a mess during my 2ww each month, and I'm mentally preparing myself for there to be several months of 2ww. So I came up with a list of 16 fun/distracting/self care things to do, 1 for each day plus a couple. I have written each one on a slip of paper and put them in a bowl so that each day I get to draw one and do something nice. Most are pretty simple, like paint my nails or color in a coloring book. Only a couple will really cost anything, and they should be pretty easy to fit into my day.
    I thought I would share in case anyone else dreads this half of the month!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @marianlyn thanks for that! We haven't started trying yet but plan to start next month-ish, so I'm sure I'll find these handy!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @marianlyn I love this concept and all of your ideas - might make one of my own! We're on month 7 ttc and, surprisingly, I've found it's been a little easier over time (the first two or three were excruciating). This month I've been away without my husband during the fertile window, so I'm definitely out this month. At least there's no exhausting tww to worry about. Next month I'm trying out the ClearBlue fertility monitor - will let you all know how it goes!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Marianlyn, I like this idea also! We didn't try this month (pretty sure with all the shitfan going on, we haven't even had sex once all month!) But will be trying again as soon as the next cycle starts. Great idea, the tww is HORRIBLE. I'd find out I'm expecting just a few days before father's day, so I have the whole thing planned out to tell hubby. Haha, let's just keep torturing myself here.
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thanks! I wasn't trying last month, but there was a tiny chance I could have gotten pregnant and the TWW was still awful! Now I'm kinda looking forward to doing all the stuff on my slips of paper! I hope it makes your TWW easier, too.
    This time around I could find out right before/around my husband's birthday and I've thought through how neat it would be to tell him as his gift! Torture, indeed!
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow I hope this idea helps you, too! My husband travels for work sometimes, so I can relate to the bummer of missing a cycle. We'll be traveling together for the next two ovulation times. Trying to decide if I want to do ovulation predictor kits while traveling. Let me know how you like them. I'm tracking my basal body temperature, and hoping to learn to better predict when exactly I ovulate that way. I hope you won't need them very long!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    CD2 of month 6, cycle 3 trying. I am scheduled to get my steroid epidural on Wednesday and my doctor said we could start trying again right away! So nervous for the shot, but hubby is coming with me so that should help. I just wish it was the weekend already!

I really hope this cycle is the one that works, I would find out right before Fathers Day :) and we are going to the beach in August with my sisters and their husbands who live out of state and we dont see very often so I would love to be able to tell them in person!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 good luck with the shot & your cycle this month. I hope everything starts looking up for you ASAP!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks Jenna, today is the day! Hubby is getting allergy testing today as well, so we are both off today. Hopefully this helps!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 good luck today with your medication!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    So the shot went well! It was pretty scary for me but honestly not bad. Feeling pretty pain free, so that's great too. I hope the effects last, and we can get some BD in here soon. Hubby has been off lately and it's been a trial to get him in the sack. I'm getting very frustrated with that and with him. I am really struggling with being a supportive wife and being a psyco baby crazy lady that only cares about his sperm. It is a very fine line, ladies. I am learning to swallow my feelings and bite my tongue quite a lot. Sigh. Can I get some good luck please?!
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Good luck! Sorry the hubby is so reluctant. I'm glad you're feeling pain free!
This discussion has been closed.