Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think we decided to give things a go this cycle...the second half of this week should be our fertile window. I am running out of excuses to delay and it feels like it's time. I'll let my hubby get razzed at his 30th class reunion on Friday for not having kids yet, then we'll go home and see if we can change that!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah sheilanne! So excited for you, let us know when you officially start trying!!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Ah is your husband feeling stressed also? Maybe a night out would do you two good! Good luck with your romping in the sack @Kirstie155
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    We we're able to get several days of baby Making in this last week. Temps aren't supportive of O, but I did have positive OPK on Thursday. Hopeful!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you @Kirstie155!

We aren't planning to dive into using OPK's or tracking temperature right away but have been tracking cycles. Projected ovulation is Saturday, so thinking we'll give it a shot a couple of times between Wednesday and Saturday?

We naturally spend about 3 hours in bed together at the same time, so that creates a challenge! I go to bed at 10 and am up by 5am. He's usually crawling in bed at 2am and up after I leave for work.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Ugh still no confirmed ovulation on fertility friend. Hoping its just because my temping time is all over the place and this wasnt an anovulatory cycle. Nothing to do but wait!

SheilAnne, I like temping and using OPKS because it makes me feel like I have some control over this process in which we really have little control over. When I told him the sex schedule, he was a trouper and made sure we got the deed done as needed. By the end I was the one saying "Do we have to?!" Lol. My back did not like all that action and was starting to bother me, taking a lot of the fun out of it. But we were on a mission, and have a good shot! Hoping this is the month :)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm officially joining the TTC camp as I just placed my order on Amazon for 2 kinds of pregnancy tests and 3 books about pregnancy, haha. No OPK or temp/mucus tracking at this point but not ruling it out for my next cycle. Yesterday I was a little hopeful because I thought I was having implantation bleeding but it was just pre-period spotting. That's okay, though. That just means it's go time!

@Kirstie155 hope you ovulated since you got all of those attempts in :smile:
    @SheilAnneSmith hope you guys can find more time together in bed! We have our best romps in the earlier evenings before either of us goes to bed. Not sure if it's your work schedules that make your bedtimes so different, but if so just do it any time!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm entering my first 2WW. We were able to BD at 4 and 2 days before projected ovulation. Between not feeling great with a headache most of the week, the stress of social obligations and feeling like it was 'on demand' my hubby's brain just wasn't on board for anymore attempts than that. I would have liked to have gotten at least one more attempt in but it wasn't in the cards. So, we aren't holding our breath and appreciate that by trying a bit sooner than originally expected we are able to see that we need to make adjustments to how we think about it going forward.

Good luck @Kirstie155 and @pezhed. Hopefully we'll all have success very soon.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith based on how long sperm can live, I wouldn't rule it out for this cycle. Hopefully your hubby's mindset will shift a little bit and be happy to have basically unlimited sex for a week straight will rule over feeling like it's "on demand". Don't forget to keep it fun! I'm half-reading The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant and she mentions that baby-making sex is still just sex, so while you're on a mission don't just think about potential baby. She's a little condescending about a man's perspective on our cycles but there is probably some merit to what she says about sexy talk NOT including "I'm ovulating tomorrow!". Good luck! Keep your mind busy if you can during your first 2WW TTC!

• Kirstie155
    Options
    Sheila, O-2 is a good shot! Try and keep that level head because it certainly gets harder as the months go by!
    Pez, I also want to read that book and have been meaning to see if my library has it, thanks for reminding me!

After putting my info into an app, I may have ovulated later than projected, making our chances much less. Like 3 days later..thats a big difference :( I thought we were hitting O-3, O-1, O. With the shift it makes O-4, O-3, and Im pretty sure O-4 doesnt mean anything >.<

Already taken like 4 tests. Argggg. Trying to look onto next month, thinking I didnt want a February birthday anyway because hubby is in January and my niece and nephew are the week before and the week after valentines day so being due Feb 23 would have added to an already hectic time. But its a lie...I don't care want the birthday is I just want to be pregnant already :(
    I should know soon enough though, my cycle will be over within a week.
    In the mean time, watching what I eat and having some luck with the scale :)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Oh no Kirstie, how disheartening to have the change in O date. I hope that it still works out anyways and this is your month. Fingers crossed for you.

It's interesting how my frame of mind has shifted a bit just over the last few days, before we tried I was kind of less than 100%, still with doubts of when it was "perfect" time for us, but now that there is a possibility of pregnancy I'm excited and anxious. AF is due the 23rd. I probably shouldn't test with a First Response until Monday, but given that Sunday is Fathers Day you better bet I'll be peeing away my money that morning, just in case! :D

• pezhed
    Options
    Ah yeah you guys I can see my bank account dwindling already with pregnancy tests even though we only had one attempt last month.

@Kirstie155 hopefully the new calculations in your cycle don't actually change anything.
    @SheilAnneSmith I'm exactly the same as you mentally. I didn't really care until now and I'm like "OK LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD" and have taken two pregnancy tests. I still might take ONE more because my cycle has been so irregular since I came off BC, even though I'm pretty sure I got AF last week, it was just super light so my brain is saying it's implantation bleeding. But probably AF lightened up due to exercise. See! This is what's happening now! Good luck Sunday morning!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Not pregnant :'-( AF showed up at work and I struggled pretty hard not to cry. Ate the pint of halo top I had in the work freezer and managed to make it through the day without publicly crying, or throwing my diet out the window! That's a big victory for me bc I am an emotional eater and usy run straight to the comfort foods. The halo top fit in my macros!

On to cycle 4. And although Sheila and Amanda I'm want you to get your BFPs, I also kinda don't want you to so we can all get them together :open_mouth: heh
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 sorry to hear about AF. This cycle you'll be more sure of ovulation. I think this is the month for us all!

I took a ClearBlue test this morning juuuust in case, which would be the period due date of my longest cycle (35 freaking days), and got a very clear NOT PREGNANT so next week I'll be getting busy! Kinda looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the 2WW already, though. Time seems to slow down when TTC. I guess that could be a good thing.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sorry you guys didn't get what you were hoping for this last time. I'm trying for cycle 2 now. OPKs keep coming up negative though. Last cycle was really short at 23 days, so looking back, I'm pretty sure O was a week earlier than I was testing for. This cycle might be a more usual length. But the tracker/predictor app I'm using got thrown off by the last cycle. So I guess until I've charted longer, I won't have an average yet. I'm still getting the hang of it, and my body's still recovering from birth control. (When do boobs go back to normal, for crying out loud?? Lol) Hubs is having a blast in the meantime though. XD
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Well, I'm approaching it with cautious optimism...but, I had a very faint positive on Sunday morning and this morning as well with a first response test. Nothing showing up on TrueStick cheapies I have. I'm not quite sure I believe it and am super paranoid it'll end up chemical. I would likely be 9-10dpo today, so it's super early. I'm starting to think I'd be better off not having seen that faint, faint line yet....it plays on your mind either way I suppose!

• pezhed
    Options
    @Alioth I know the first couple of cycles off BC can be kinda funky. I stopped 6 months ago and my cycle length has ranged from 27 days to 35 days! I think I need to get those OPKs too since it's so variable.

@SheilAnneSmith that is (cautiously) exciting about your early pregnancy tests! I hope the positive holds and that it isn't chemical!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Keeping fingers crossed for you!!! XD
    @pezhed Wow, that's a big range! I know I messed my cycle up with BC because I purposefully threw it off so I wouldn't have Aunt Flow crash my honeymoon last year. Then I slowly reverted back to the normal dates, but nothing was ever right again. Some months I actually got 2 periods, 2 weeks apart. So, I was singing hallelujahs when I got rid of the evil little pills. Hope it all evens out for both of us soon.
    OPKs...I'm not sure how accurate they are, since they come from Dollar Tree. In 2 months, I have yet to get a positive reading on them (maybe a faint ghost of a line.) But I don't trust myself to measure basal temps correctly. And maybe they are right. Maybe I need more time for the BC to wear off. :neutral:
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Sheila, fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted.

For opks I use wondfos, bought in bulk from Amazon. I bought 50? 100? Which came with 10 or 20 cheapie pregnancy tests too. When you have that many, and cheap! It's easy to test often. Also, these are the dip tests, so less waste too since they aren't in the bulky box with the big plastic handle. Much cheaper than getting them from the drugstore​!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Meh, nothing on the test this morning. So perhaps I was wrong or its gone already. AF is a few days away so likely just wait and see now. Hopefully I can get some sleep and feel better the rest of the week. I haven't been sleeping well (up way early) and just overall anxious. Could really go for a quad shot mocha as I've had virtually no caffeine for days...but I guess I'm not thay convinced there isn't still a faint possibility. I'm not a drinker but I sure like to drown my sorrows in delicious coffee.
This discussion has been closed.