Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 thanks for the advice. I'm not very hopeful this month after all. Glow shifted my highest fertility days this morning so that my most fertile days were the two we took off after BDing 5 days in a row, and I ovulated yesterday and BDed last night. Next month we'll hold off on the daily BDing until I'm closer to FW if I can figure that out, and I'll try temping & Wondfo next month. I didn't plan on becoming this obsessed so quickly, but it does really fit my personality to behave this way so there isn't much I can do to change it.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @pezhed I am so obsessed, no worries. Its just cycle 4 of actively trying, but we had to sit 2 cycles out too. Im getting a bit pessimistic, otherwise I get so sad I haz no little bebe yet :(

Buttt! We are apparently cycle twins with our ovulations, so lets be crazy together!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @pezhed That's really interesting about resting heart rate. I'll have to try that! It sounds like something that would work better for me than temping. Also, I'm in the same boat with you on OPK's being negative. Occasionally, I see a very shadowy trace of a line. I'm going to follow @Kirstie155 's advice next month and do two a day.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    My temp finally went up this morning, but I need 3 days of higher temps to confirm ovulation. We took the night off last night but are going to get another session in tonight, just in case. My temps early in the cycle are wonky because our air conditioner died and it was sooo hot in the bedroom. Good thing that wasnt ovulation time because it was way too hot for booty duty!
  • pezhed
    Options
    Haha @Kirstie155 your words for sex crack me up! Hope you get your 3 day temp rise. It's cool that we are kinda cycle twins! We can suffer the TWW together.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    :) gotta make yourself laugh right? High temp again today, just need one more!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Did you get your AC fixed? It's a rotten time of year for that.

TOM has come to visit. So for next month, I went and ordered a big OPK/PREG strip kit for super cheap off eBay like you guys suggested. Gonna try to nail down that O date. I also downloaded the new Quicken accounting software. Knocking the finances in order for baby. Should be fun. How are your weeks going so far?
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Ac was fixed that same week, thank goodness! It's been super hot here, and that was miserable! New bed was delivered yesterday, and it's significantly higher than our old bed. We have it on risers and no box spring, so we may take the risers out but I like the extra storage they provide. Hmm. I dropped a pillow off the bed and couldn't reach it, so that is pretty high!

Aloith, sorry to hear tom has come due, but great plan to move forward with cheapie opks. I'd also start temping if you haven't already (can't remember if you do or not.) It helped me see when I ovulated and if we db at the right time or not. My FW starts right after my period ends, but I don't o until almost a week after, so we didn't have great timing the first few months. It's eye opening!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great 4th! We didn't go anywhere, which was very nice. We took a walk through the Garbanzo field to the top of the big hill behind our house and spotted fireworks in all directions at dark. It was nice and quiet.

We are getting right into the thick of BD-efforts for this cycle. I have a few different apps/calculators I've looked at, but it seems ovulation should be between today and Friday. We've gotten in a couple of attempts on the early side, hoping to keep it up over the next few days in case ovulation ends up later. I'm getting some EWCM, so we are hopefully moving in the right direction.

We've got plenty to keep us busy, so resolving to not let myself be consumed in anxiousness during this upcoming 2WW. I hope I got it out of my system for the most part that first month!

• pezhed
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith your babymaking attempts sound well-timed! Keep it up! Good resolution. I'm hoping I also got my anxiety out of the way this past month.
    @Alioth good idea to get finances in order before it's baby time! Sorry about TOM. I'm going to follow @Kirstie155's advice above for the next cycle too, starting with the same thing you did with the cheapie OPK. I started getting Fertility Friend's charting instruction emails and I'm looking forward to trying it next cycle assuming this one didn't work!

I'm still in the midst of my 2WW. Had so many distractions for the first 6 days of it that I didn't have any problem, though I was pretty baby-crazy since my SIL is 5 months pregnant and I spent a lot of time with her and we had a shower for her since the whole family was together. Now comes the difficulty of waiting it out until I can reasonably test. I'm planning to try to wait until AF would come for the longest cycle I've had since I quit BC, but it will be torture since my longest cycle was 35 days. That would be 7/15, ugh. Baby dust everywhere!!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    I'm right there with you @pezhed. 6dpo and been having cramping on and off on my right ovary for a few days. I know there isn't any way it means anything this early but putting it all in my fertility friend app anyway (for my Pregnancy write up after I get my positive :) )

It's starting to go crazy over here. But I have a friend coming for the weekend so that should help me out unyil at least Sunday night!
  • pezhed
    Options
    Definitely feeling PMS coming on. Could have ripped someone's head off this morning when there were dishwasher-safe dishes in the sink this morning. Ah well, lessons learned this cycle to try out next cycle.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    My back pain has flared up and spread to the other side. Was in tears this morning, and stayed home today. Took a Pregnancy test and for the first time was releaved it was negative because that meant I could take some heavier pain pills. At 8dpo it's early for a positive....but I can't sit, stand, bend, twist or walk without pain and didn't want to take the meds without knowing for sure. This is very emotionally trying as I was so hopeful for a positive this cycle and am now conflicted. How can I survive a Pregnancy? :(
  • pezhed
    Options
    Ah I'm so sorry @Kirstie155. Is there any other way to treat it than with heavy pain killers? I don't think you could do any damage at this point if you are pregnant. I think "drink 'til it's pink" applies to most things that are eventually no-nos. I hope you feel better ASAP. Is there anything like acupuncture you could try out? I don't know if it really works but it seems to help alleviate some people's issues.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks pez. I have an appointment with my spine doctor on Monday. Nothing to do until then but take it easy, and try to stay comfortable with the pain pills. I'm hoping my condition hasn't worsened, and I just messed it up doing something somehow. A worsening condition would mean surgery? Not sure how I can be pregnant and still function. I don't know how acupuncture would help...
  • pezhed
    Options
    Ah yeah I don't know if it would help where surgery is required (or if it would help at all). I just read some people use it for short term pain relief, but it also might be more mild pain than making-you-cry pain. I've never done it but my brother actually has it done on one of his dogs who has a tumor! Glad you have an appointment on Monday and I SO hope you don't have pain all weekend long!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh no @Kirstie155 I'm so sorry to hear it's hurting again. I hate just dealing with mild cricks and such, I can't even imagine dealing with that kind of pain. I hope your appointment goes well on Monday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! It's been a crazy week here, I'm exhausted and ready to catch some extra sleep this weekend. Our 2WW officially starts today, I'm trying to keep a level head about it and not get my hopes up too much, however, I'm really happy with the attempts we got in.

Anyone tired or seen the idea of slicing up a fresh pineapple the day of ovulation and eating it over the next 5-6 days? Supposedly the bromelain in the pineapple (and core) can help with implantation. My husband rolled his eyes and told me I was reading too much crud online when I grabbed one at Costco last weekend. But hey, I like pineapple, so what's the harm in trying it.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Sheila, I have heard of and even tried the pineapple thing. You have to eat the core, that's where the bromelin is. When I tried the pineapple thing...last cycle, I think...my o day shifted by 3 days so my timing of eating it was off. You are supposed to stop eating it at 5dpo bc it can screw w implantation. Tasty experiment :)

• Kirstie155
    Options
    So my doctor had a family emergency and will be out of town until Thursday. I've sent the past 3 days in bed, in pain and am not going in to work today. Yesterday I did a test drive to a store about a mile away to see how I could drive. I was in tears when I got there because sitting and lifting legs (the pedals) is the most painful part. When I do see my doctor, I will need asking him about surgery. I had a really hard day yesterday, spent a lot of it sobbing, angry and scared. At 10dpo I got a negative test again, but was able to take pain pills. If I am pregnant, the choice is made and I will have to live with it. If Im not....I can get surgery. Major spine surgery that takes months to heal from, and what the internet says is 12-24 months recovery before Pregnancy should be attempted. I turn 34 in a few weeks, and this was our 4th cycle trying. We wanted two babies. I'm too young for this :'-( I don't see how I can take care of myself, a child, or my household this way though.

I'm having a really hard time right now, you guys.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh @Kirstie155 I am so so so so sorry for what you are going through. That pain sounds incredibly awful, and I hope you are able to see your doctor ASAP to discuss options. You are right though, you have to take care of yourself first and foremost. I hope your hubs is a calming presence and helping you through this. Sending all my positive thoughts your way.
This discussion has been closed.