Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Sheila, drink some coffee girl. I stopped drinking coffee and wine early on in ttc because I didnt want to hurt my chances. Here at 6 months in and 4 cycles...give me the damn wine and coffee. You will be much happier if you keep doing the things that make your life a bit easier! Sorry your tests are negative. *hugs* :'(

I gave my preg tests to husband today to hide from me until my period is due. It might be a bit easier for me if Im not constantly testing (seriously-4DPO?! What am I thinking?!??) Hoping this is the month!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I did get myself some coffee but then couldn't even finish it, however it helped a bit! Our poor husbands probably need group of their own to talk about how crazy we all are.

Trying to focus on other things we need to accomplish and work on this summer but that's depressing too because we never seem to get everything we want to get done, done. It's too late to get a garden in this year I think. First time since, ever, a garden won't be put in.

We also need to find a new renter for one of our apartments, we are down $700 income this coming month if we don't get someone moved in ASAP. The last guy was psycho so no money vs dealing with that still has its benefits. Glad to have him off our property.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Sorry you couldn't finish your coffee this morning! I also hope you find a renter soon. The prospect of that much lost income doesn't sound fun. We have a rental property too and I dread the day the current renters move out! For the garden maybe you can do a late summer greens garden. It would be better than nothing! I know kale and spinach at least are cold hearty. Or you could buy some plants that are already started! My roommate just put some zucchini and peppers in the ground with some starts she bought at the grocery store.

@Kirstie155 that is tooo funny about giving your husband your pregnancy tests. I laugh now but I'm still waiting to ovulate so we'll see how early on I whip out the tests. Also funny about the wine and coffee. I'm cutting back on drinking (not stopping entirely) but coffee isn't going anywhere until that strip is pink.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Ugh, I hear you on the renters, we have a house about 2 hours away that has had it's fair share of renters in and out and the bill that we have to pay if it is not occupied is really stressful. Its cool so many of us have rental properties!
    I have my monthly bunco game tomorrow, and I will be drinking some wine while avoiding the table snacks. Looking forward to it!
    I did find some pregnancy tests that I had forgotten about (see what I mean about buying in bulk, you can stash them EVERYWHERE!) and wasnt able to give them to hubby. Maybe tonight I'll be able to hand them over...but the farther I go in my cycle the harder it is! CD 7 here!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Haha, that's hilarious. Also, yeah, up to 2 cups of coffee a day is supposed to be fine anyway, right?
    @Kirstie155 Hmm, maybe I should get some in bulk too. I think having only 3 at a time is keeping me from testing every day though. I make myself wait to test, but if I had lots, I would probably test a ton. Ha.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @alioth that is correct, you will test a lot. I did (8DPO, 9DPO... 4DPO!!) often. But at like $20 for 50, at least its cheaper! The dollar store ones may be a dollar, but those add up too. Hopefully we wont need tons of extras because we will get our positives soon, but even when I do I know I'll want to keep testing to make sure the lines get darker until I can get in to see a doctor :)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @Alioth Unfortunately I think their definition of 2 cups of coffee and my definition of 2 cups of coffee are very different!!

@Kirstie155 Have fun at Bunco!! Maybe some day I'll figure out wine, but it all tastes like rotten grapes to me, so I don't even try it anymore. We tried to order Sangria on my 21st birthday and I ended up making my husband drink it all and I drove home. Talk about party pooper!

This month has indeed been a learning experience for my husband and I. Tested again this morning and negative again. I'm 99% sure we are out now, pretty well any "symptoms" I had noticed are gone too. Would love a pleasant surprise, but we are looking forward to the next cycle now. AF should be here any time, yippee! Depending on when it shows, sometime the first week of July will be our fertile time.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith :D Yass. I mean, a 40oz cup is still a cup, right?
    @Kirstie155 Hmm, good point! Maybe next pay cycle. It's never occurred to me to test after getting positives to make sure it stays positive. I guess because I've never had a positive. Hmmm.....
  • pezhed
    Options
    I'm so excited for this weekend now! Saturday is supposed to be my most fertile day so hubby and I are going on an overnight date to Denver, which is only an hour away, in a nice hotel (thank you credit card points) and to a Brian Regan performance! Nothing says sexy time like comedy, right?! Just kidding, we'll probably get to it before the comedy show. Hopefully we'll have some success. Every month won't be so extravagant but this is our first month of real effort so I thought it would be nice to indulge. Just had to share because I'm bursting with excitement!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Wow, pez! That sounds awww! Have a great time and enjoy your first cycle trying!

I think this weekend will be my FW to, but last week I had a 7 day period and my temps are all over the place bc I keep walking up and rolling around. CM is masked right now from that lingering period, and FF is confused
  • Alioth
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @pezhed Sounds like a great weekend. Have fun!
    @Kirstie155 Welp, fingers crossed for you anyway. Even if you aren't sure exactly when the right moment is, this could still be the week. :smile:

Ok, so, I'm back from the beach. Awesome 1 yr anniversary vacation! But I'm fighting off a UTI from hanging out in a wet swimsuit too much, *facepalm* instead of getting pregnant. I think I caught it early enough that the cranberry pills are driving it off. But it's still NOT the result I was hoping for. I'm on CD16, and got food cravings, weight gain, and a giant zit on my chin. So I'm thinking maybe TOM is visiting early again. So discouraging! Sorry for so much TMI! It's just depressing coming back from beach paradise to the real world. I'm heading to the gym to work off my blues.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 ahh sounds like you're gonna need to use those ovulation tests to figure it out. 7 day period sounds like torture.
    @Alioth happy anniversary!! Sorry about the UTI! That is such a pain, literally and for TTC! I hope TOM holds off a little longer this cycle. Also, post-vacation blues are a real thing.

I'm using ovulation tests from the dollar tree this week to try to pin down ovulation since my cycle has been irregular and I don't trust my CM judgment. It's making me extra anxious, though, so I'm not sure it's a great thing. But it will be good to factually know my luteal phase length for future reference. The book I'm slowly reading (and apparently the whole internet) said that a shorter luteal phase--less than 12 days--makes it harder to get pregnant.

Sending baby dust in all directions!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @pezhed Have a great weekend! Enjoy it :)
    @Kristie155 Good luck, hope things sort themselves out and this is the month.
    @Alioth Happy Anniversary!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Baby dust to everyone. AF showed today, so not sure what happened after the faint positives last weekend at 9-10dpo, but we are shaking it off and are excited to try again the first week of July. Perhaps there will be some benefit to having the 4th of July off in the middle of the week after all!

Fingers crossed this coming cycle is it for all of us! Have fun ladies!
  • Alioth
    Options
    @pezhed The whole internet... Lol. There's so much out there. I know what you mean!
    @SheilAnneSmith Thanks! So sorry about the false positives. Maybe the 4th will be the ticket.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith I suspect those were due runs on your tests. Mine did that too and I ended up buying different ones. But peeing in a cup and dipping the stick worked better for the cheap ones than peeing directly on the stick. Even then, it took two weeks extra for those tests to show a definite positive.
  • pezhed
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!

Gonna get kinda gross here, but I'm getting really stressed out with ovulation tests and CM. What has been your experience? Yesterday I took an ovulation test (for the 5th day in a row) which was still negative but my CM was the closest to egg white it's been. Today it definitely isn't. I'll try another ovulation test today but I'm so confused!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Pez-the opks rely on a hormone surge that happens 12-36 hours before ovulation. Because it is potentially such a small window, you should take one every 12ish hours when you are in your FW. If you take them every morning at 7am, but you don't surge until 10pm (15 hours) you will always get a negative. Make sense? So I'd take on in the morning and one in the evening, or as close to 12 hours later as you can get. If this isnt your lucky cycle, I would recommend buying cheapie wondfos from amazon. You will feel so much better about peeing on them all the time when they are super cheap.
    Having said that, I totally forgot to pee on an opk this morning. New earlier schedule!

CM is weird. I had some yesterday (I was digging around for it, lol) and it was just like boogies...so not sexy lol! I'm planning on BD everyday that we can manage until we die from sexing or confirm O with temping. This cycle is weird, temps all over the place, super long period, booogies! IDK what is going on down there!

Are you temping? Using Fertility Friend? I cant be the only one?! :)
  • pezhed
    Options
    Ahh that is helpful. I bought some from Walmart today and will buy the Wondfos from Amazon for the next cycle as soon as AF starts. The worst part is my O day keeps moving out according to Glow because of my tests I think combined with irregular cycles. As a result H and I have had sex 6 days straight (8 of 10 total) and, while it's fun, it's hard to keep going, haha. I might give him today off and resume tomorrow. It just keeps showing the next day as my most fertile day as I input the test results. Right now it's saying I'm going to O on CD20 which seems late. Maybe no O this month?

Not temping yet but think I will next month. Waking up at the same time every day is daunting (though idk why because I leave for work at the same time every day haha). I've been using Glow but maybe should try FF too. It didn't take me long to get crazy about baby making! It sounds like your cycle is equally confusing this month. I'm glad we have this outlet because the TTC forums are overwhelming.
  • pezhed
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Officially entering my first 2WW now. Let the torture begin. I finally got a probably positive O test yesterday morning so thinking I surged overnight. BDed last night and will again tonight for good measure. Glad we're traveling for 5 days to kick off the 2WW. My resting heart rate (based on Fitbit info) has skyrocketed the past couple days due to ovulation, and I heard if you get pregnant then it stays high. Therefore I'm tracking that now. I graphed my past 4 cycles (including this one) to see trends and thought it was interesting that it rises for O and for AF. Just another data point to track, haha. I'm going to post my chart below as an FYI for anyone interested in using info for tracking theirs. X axis is cycle day, Y axis is RHR.

72992o9t4wg7.png

• Kirstie155
    Options
    Pez, hopefully you'll be pregnant this month and not have to worry about opks, temping or FF next month. But just in case...
    Wondfo opks are cheap, and very accurate. Use 2 per day leading up to your fw and o date. Temping was very rocky for me the first month because I kept forgetting, or falling asleep or temping late. Im just now getting the hang of it, and I think this is month 2? 3? of consistently temping everyday. FF is free and very accurate at predicting your fw and o date. I would recommend, especially if you start temping.

Have fun traveling, and I hope this tww goes by quickly for you. *Try* not to get your hopes up too much, my first cycle bfn was DEVASTATING because I was so so hopeful and sure it would work. It takes healthy couples up to a year to get pregnant, even with perfect timing and no issues. Also, buckle your seat belt, ttc is one crazy emotional roller coaster. As I give this advice for you to keep calm, Im right around ovulating... talk to me in a week or so and it will be ..."Is 4DPO too early to test!?!?! :s:o:# Its exhausting being this all over the place!
This discussion has been closed.