Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am currently ttc and losing weight at the same time. We have actually been trying for almost a year and a half but I have been losing since last August. I have been overweight/obese my entire life and I didn't see that as a reason to put off trying since medically all looks good (blood sugar, thyroid, blood pressure, etc). I was obese during my first pregnancy as well and ended up having a healthy baby.
    In my head I was wanting to be below my pre-pregnancy weight before getting pregnant again. I am now almost 20 pounds below that so I feel good about starting a pregnancy whenever it happens. My major obstacle this time will be not gaining too much as I used my first pregnancy as an excuse to throw my fitness and healthy eating out the window. Definitely don't want to do that again!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you @1fit_mamma !!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    We plan to start in June or July (probably July). I'm 5'1" and weigh 127 (23.2 BMI) today and want to get to 115 before we start, but it is pretty arbitrary. If I don't reach my goal, or decide I'm satisfied before I get there, we aren't going to put off TTC. I just really envision being in the best shape of my life before starting to try, I think because it will be easier now than later? I'm not sure. I also want to be really active going into pregnancy so I can stay that way during pregnancy if I can muster the energy. Our TTC timing is more based on weather conditions when I'll be at my biggest (no late summer/fall babies please!). Definitely idealists at this point since we've never done this before.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with being an idealist @pezhead :) I had an early Dec baby and was grateful to be at the start of summer (Australia) rather than the end, the weather was beautiful and I felt great in the lead up. It's great you are already a healthy BMI and sounds like you're pretty fit (even if not at your max potential), and you can totally keep going after pregnancy. I am back to pre-baby weight, it took 16 months but I made a lot mistakes with my diet, there was nothing holding me back (yes it's harder with a baby, but only slightly)... it was all me. If you're motivated and naturally active I'm sure you will have no trouble getting back in shape afterwards. My husband and I now have a roster for workout time, being organised has really helped.
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ovulated! I have nobody else to share this graph with (even my husband doesn't get it!), but thought you guys might understand. Btw - I have been rubbish at taking my temperature at the same time, so it goes to show that it's still possible to track ovulation, even if youre flaky.

dg158lnjzcm2.png
  • pezhed
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow good job tracking that! I might try to start tracking temp but I'm a little intimidated! Thanks for the example though!
  • Equestrian15
    Equestrian15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope this IUI and Femera and Pregnyl injection worked. Even after 10 years TTC, multiple rounds of Clomid, multiple rounds of Femera pills and Pregnyl injection, and one 11 week miscarriage of twins, this 2ww seems like an eternity!!!! One week down and one still to go and I've already been so exhausted last night and tonight that I'm in bed by 7pm! I would love to think that the mood swings and fatigue are early symptoms, but they could just as easily be from me losing my mind from the stress of this journey.
  • Equestrian15
    Equestrian15 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Honestly ladies, I wouldn't waste your time and frustration on the BBT charting. I wasted 5 years ttc buying different thermometers and trying differnt things thinking i was screwing it up. It's more accurate with an OPK or CM monitoring. If your life is anything like mine, your husband's alligator death rolling in the bed (he is an extremely restless and noisy sleeper) every morning probably has your blood boiling at least a half hour before the alarm goes off anyway so in hind sight BBT charting was a joke for me!
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    Hi @Equestrian15 - sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. Fingers crossed for you this time.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think I'm out this month. Waiting for cd1 to start tomorrow, preg test this morning was negative.

I haven't really tempted at all. I tried two days and quit. Too much to think about when im asleep. Might start this cycle just to have the data?

@ equestrian. I hope this is your month lady, you certainly deserve it. I can't imagine ttc for 10 years. My heart breaks for you and the little one that you want so badly. Best of luck!
  • katycapp
    Options
    Just had my follicle scan yesterday. I have at least one good egg in there and possibly 2. I will trigger ovulation tomorrow and inseminate with a known donor on Thursday. We also discussed increasing my progesterone to avoid another chemical/miscarriage. Wish me luck ladies!
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    Very best of luck @katycapp - fingers crossed for you!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @katycapp Good luck! Baby dust sent your way! =)
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Katy, I hope this is the one for you! Good luck!!
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Curious if anyone was on the pill before TTC, and how long would you recommend going off it before you really start getting down to business?

Also, did you notice any chances in your energy/weight when you went off?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 The recommendation I got from my doctor when I spoke with her about it when the plan was to start in 2016 was to have at least one normal cycle before actively trying but it's a moot point for me now as I'll have many cycles before we TTC.

I've been off birth control for over a month now and this is what I've noticed so far:
    • Lots more energy - I actually want to do things/get things done now when before it was very, very easy for me to be a bump on a log day after day because I just had no energy at all
    • I didn't notice any significant drop in weight so I don't believe it was causing me to retain much if any water (I weigh daily) BUT I have noticed a significant decrease in appetite - I still have had a few bouts of increase appetite since though but I think that has more to do with things trying to regulate (and having a second period last month) than anything
    • I'm much happier mentally (I've noticed I'm more often than not in a good mood now and I've even found myself singing and dancing again) and a lot less sensitive (read: more emotionally stable) I'm no longer crying at every little thing
    • My vagina is no longer a desert
    • My libido is coming back
    • I feel more and more like the old me (and by old me, I mean the me that wasn't on birth control haha) the more time that goes on and honestly do not ever see myself using hormonal birth control again

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but I would say those are the main highlights.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
  • katycapp
    Options
    Thank you @samlovesthesnow , @Kirstie155 , and @WifiresGettingFit
    I could barely sleep last night because it feels like Christmas. lol
    Hopefully will get some good news in a couple of weeks.

• pezhed
    Options
    @katycapp very best of luck!! Positive vibes headed your way!

@girlalmighty08 I just went off birth control in January and we are thinking of starting to try in June/July. I haven't really noticed as many changes as Kayla, but I'll second the increased libido, for sure. My PMS, emotionally, is surprisingly not as bad as on the pill, although I do have a couple of droopy days right around the start. I do get cramps sometimes now which never happened on the pill. I haven't noticed any general changes in energy/mood though outside of PMS. OH I am totally ravenous on the first day of my period now, hehe. It wasn't as bad on the pill. I haven't noticed any weight changes, but I didn't start trying to lose until I was going off the pill...so I have lost weight but I couldn't tell you if it's easier or harder on natural cycles.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @katycapp Good luck with your insemination today!! Hope its successful for you! I'm sure you are just so excited today :D:)
  • katycapp
    Options
    Thank you @pezhed and @kirstie155
    All went as planned so now we wait....
    I hate this part!
This discussion has been closed.