Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 3 (1/15-1/21)

Options
13»

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Soooo...

It's Friday. I have a strength training day today courtesy of Hero 90 (Day 5). I'm a little behind on the calendar since I can't always workout 6 days a week. I'll try to workout tomorrow to catch up. But I absolutely must rest on Sunday. Muscles need rest. Even athletes have rest days. Sorry Coach Cozak...

I got about 2 hrs sleep last night. I don't usually get more than 4hrs of sleep due to the Sjogren's symptoms. Well 2 kids got me up last night, one being sick. So I'm dragging more than usual. The scale is still unimpressed. My calories are right. The licorice tea makes me bloat about 3lb of water. But without it I'm guaranteed eye pain at night. With I'm water bloaty and the chance of corneal damage is way lower.

Anyone know herbal stuff? Is there anything that can counteract it? Or something I can use instead. I visibly bloat in my thighs and belly significantly. It's freaky weird, and I don't like my pants being tight in weird places.

Oh you poor thing! I don't know anything about sjogrens except that it's autoimmune. I didn't realize it impacted sleep so much. You're extra awesome considering you're chronically sleep deprived.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Scale is starting to slow down a bit, but I am still seeing progress so that is ok!
    I find I am getting more tired these days... any suggestions?

Are your electrolytes balanced? Getting enough sodium? 3,000-5,000mg daily?

I add sea salt to my meals and take a magnesium and potassium supplement. How can I increase my sodium? I am only able to get 2500 or so a day.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Scale is starting to slow down a bit, but I am still seeing progress so that is ok!

I add sea salt to my meals and take a magnesium and potassium supplement. How can I increase my sodium? I am only able to get 2500 or so a day.

Make ketoade:
    8-12oz water
    1/4 tsp salt
    a few shakes of Lite Salt, Nu-Salt, or No Salt (which is potassium salt)
    water flavoring of choice (Mio or lemon and stevia)

You're basically making Gatorade that actually has appropriate electrolytes in them, unlike the brand which is water and sugar with a tiny sprinkling of electrolytes.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Make ketoade:
    8-12oz water
    1/4 tsp salt

You're basically making Gatorade that actually has appropriate electrolytes in them, unlike the brand which is water and sugar with a tiny sprinkling of electrolytes.

Thank you! that helps :)
    Do you know approx. how much sodium would be in that drink?
  • baconslave
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Soooo...

It's Friday. I have a strength training day today courtesy of Hero 90 (Day 5). I'm a little behind on the calendar since I can't always workout 6 days a week. I'll try to workout tomorrow to catch up. But I absolutely must rest on Sunday. Muscles need rest. Even athletes have rest days. Sorry Coach Cozak...

I got about 2 hrs sleep last night. I don't usually get more than 4hrs of sleep due to the Sjogren's symptoms. Well 2 kids got me up last night, one being sick. So I'm dragging more than usual. The scale is still unimpressed. My calories are right. The licorice tea makes me bloat about 3lb of water. But without it I'm guaranteed eye pain at night. With I'm water bloaty and the chance of corneal damage is way lower.

Anyone know herbal stuff? Is there anything that can counteract it? Or something I can use instead. I visibly bloat in my thighs and belly significantly. It's freaky weird, and I don't like my pants being tight in weird places.

Oh you poor thing! I don't know anything about sjogrens except that it's autoimmune. I didn't realize it impacted sleep so much. You're extra awesome considering you're chronically sleep deprived.

Sjogren's people have dry eyes, mouth, and sinuses. But the degree of each differs by person. My eyes are way worse, so they are so dry, despite ointments and drops multiple times per night, I get corneal erosions (eyelid sticks to cornea, when eye moves in REM or you wake suddenly, it rips the cornea from the eyeball.) So I'm not allowed to sleep through the night. Otherwise I get eye damage. And it really frickin hurts.

Trying to get a dr to take you seriously when you're in your late 30s with these symptoms isn't easy. I've still got to wait another 2.5 weeks to see a GP who'll probably refer me to another 6 week wait. Meanwhile I've been trying supplements for a year trying to find something that will stop my eyes from attacking me at night. No such luck. So for now I have to take the pittance of relief offered by the "belly bloating tea." It is what it is.
  • baconslave
    Options

Make ketoade:
    8-12oz water
    1/4 tsp salt

Thank you! that helps :)
    Do you know approx. how much sodium would be in that drink?

580mg or so.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    1/20 & 1/21: Weight and carbs good. Collagen taken. Friday was a rest day. Tonight was strength training. Weekly goals successfully met! B)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I'm so sorry. :( That sounds so frustrating. I hope the dr is helpful.

Things for me have been going really well overall. Though last night we did a fire pit for the first time in ages. I love roasting marshmallows and ended up eating two of them, plus two sugar-free cupcakes! Blech. Now I feel sick just thinking about it, so I think that craving is gone. :tongue

Overall though, I've weighed in right in my goal range the past several days, and I fit in all my goal workouts this week!
  • missysmed
    missysmed Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: 264.9
    Week 3: 252.1
    This week loss: 4.6
    overall: 12.8

I totally underestimated how much I would lose this month... I feel great but I have slacked off on my water. My goal this week is to increase my water.