Brenda's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @brendagaudette ugh, isn't plantar fasciitis the worst? I was laid up for months until I discovered trigger point therapy. I'm in no hurry to need TP for that again which is why I refuse to run or even jog until I'm closer to goal. So, will be a LONG time coming.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurt sooo bad!!! I bought a new pair of shoes and within a week it was gone and haven't had it happen again :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Nice. What kind of shoes, if you don't mind me asking?
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Total sympathy for all plantar fasciitis sufferers. I had it 6 years ago, had to put many layers of foam in a pair of slippers just to get around the house. Makes one appreciate feet when they work well!!! I also appreciated the beauty of the workings of the foot when I broke my right foot and had to use crutches. Our bodies are so complicated and so wonderful when they work correctly.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Sketchers with memory foam :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Options
    amflautist wrote: »
    Total sympathy for all plantar fasciitis sufferers. I had it 6 years ago, had to put many layers of foam in a pair of slippers just to get around the house. Makes one appreciate feet when they work well!!! I also appreciated the beauty of the workings of the foot when I broke my right foot and had to use crutches. Our bodies are so complicated and so wonderful when they work correctly.

I also broke my ankle about 15 years ago and had to have surgery on it and was on crutches for a long time, that was a pain!!! :(
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Sketchers with memory foam :)

Ty, I'm in the need for some new "kicks". :-)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I struggle with a morton's neuroma (swollen nerve) between my 3rd and 4th toe on my right foot and just general sensitivity on the balls of both feet (metetarsalgia). Feels like I'm walking on waded up socks a lot. I'm using wide toes shoes to try to fix that and also a little pad under ball of big toes to cause that part of the foot to strike the ground 1st and that has helped some. Injuries stink!
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Options
    #blambo61 ughhh!!! Sometimes when I'm walking I get a throbbing pain in my big toe, not sure why but it's usually only near the end of my walk...Yes injuries stink!!! :/
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I rebounded 5 minutes yesterday and 15 minutes today...15 minutes is enough for now and I will also walk 45 minutes either on my treadmill or outside depending on the weather

While I'm rebounding I do jumping jack's, leg lifts and jump/twist...So far nothing hurts and can feel the muscles in my butt and stomach tightening while I'm jumping so hopefully it will make them firmer o:)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Awesome, Brenda!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    https://youtu.be/GeNUXj5DqTc

Getting prepared :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Squeeeeeee!!!! Excited, excited and excited for you!
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @wsandy8512 Thanks!!!

This week I'm trying a 2 day water fast, today and tomorrow. Oh Boy!!! :p
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You can do eeeet! :-D
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Day 2 of water fast and I'm feeling really good and not hungry yet, probably because I'm drinking lots of water and chewing gum...I just did my 15 minutes of rebounding and a 45 minute walk outside :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    That's great, Brenda!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Keep it going :smiley: