Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options
    1. NAME: Alisa

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Hiking

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) AND Salt Lake, Utah

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: In a subdivision, away from downtown, close enough to the mountains to enjoy them every day.....except when we are bombarded with snow and the temp is frigid. Last time I checked there is a 113 inch base of snow on my hiking trails. . :(

z0r75kflm4r5.jpeg

Alisa, glad to see you with us, :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Rachelerik wrote: »
    Just realized I didn't fully complete the challenge.. my name is Rachel, and my fur baby died unexpectedly December 19th. We'll be looking for a new dog in June.

Ohhhh noooo, sorry to hear that, :(
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • LongaVitaSana
    LongaVitaSana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 6,
    My name is Maree and I am a new racer. I live in Melbourne Australia (not to be confused with Austria and we do have kangaroos...lol). My favourite exercise is Leslie Sansone dvds most days of the week. I have a fitbit and try to do at least 10,000 steps a day. I used to run and may get back to running at some point. We have a pet duck! Looking forward to racing :)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Six, my name is Rita from a little village outside of Rochester in Kent, ENGLAND called Hoo St Werburgh and this is my second Amazing Race - I think it's a great challenge! Rochester is quite an historic town with its castle and cathedral and it is part of Medway which consists of five towns together.

I'm soon to be 65, married with a son and daughter both married and three beautiful granddaughters. I work for our local council 4 days a week and am planning to go down to 3 days so I can have more 'me' time.

I'm lucky to live near a river estuary where I can take lovely walks (with Bruno our wonderful chocolate Labrador who we unfortunately lost at Xmas - he was 13 and brought us so much love). So walking is my favourite form of exercise followed by classes such as Zumba, Spin and Step. I'm not much of a gym/strength person and definitely not a runner.

I would like to lose another 14 pounds, however, I have am just coming to the end of a two week holiday in the Dominican Republic with plenty of good food and drink so will probably (no, definitely!) have more to lose now.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see that our race is starting out with a bang! Love seeing all those miles (minutes) being filled into the sheet.
    Challenge 1 of week 1 will probably be the easiest challenge of the whole race to complete. Please if you haven’t take 5 minutes to introduce yourself. Thanks!
    The more we keep in touch on here, the more motivated and fun this challenge will be for all. Tell us about what you are accomplishing and what you are struggling with. Maybe we can give some advice, definitely cheer you on, and lend a shoulder and commiserate with you.

Great start yesterday. Remember if you have no exercise minutes for the day please put a 0 in your spread sheet. I would hate to say a team member is missing when they really aren’t.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachelerik Welcome to team 6! This race is a blast. I love walking, and used to line dance all the time. I need to try it out again. Sorry for the loss of your fur baby. 
    @starjam25 Welcome, I am sure the rain is fantastic to have. This summer I would like to get into hiking again. Colorado has some of the best hiking. Now to get my butt on those trails.
    @maalea Welcome back, and hope the nasties stay away for this race. Kind of funny that even the post office messes up the different countries. I bet Austria is beautiful. One day I will make it to Europe to explore.
    @mzhill08 Sounds like you are an exercise junky. LOL. That is great, and can’t wait to see you racking up the miles!
    @belle_60 A brisk walk through the yard, yes. A leisurely stroll through the mall, probably not. Exercise doesn’t have to be at the gym, to a video or on special equipment. If it is done for exercise purposes and/or something that you don’t normally do you could count it. Use your best judgement, would you be okay with a competitor using the same task for minutes/miles for competition? If yes, then you can probably count it. If there is a specific activity go ahead and shoot me a question and we will figure it out.
    @ayreka7 Welcome to the race! I am sure you will enjoy it. I bet those 2 little ones keep you running.

@tazieiland An elementary teacher! Such a hard job, thank you for doing it. Is it harder to do a mixed grade class than a regular class? I was in a mixed class a long time ago (30+) years. My teacher seemed to sail right through it, but then again I was 6.
    @tracylea2003 Welcome to the Amazing race! Another teacher, fantastic. I am sure finding time for yourself has got to be difficult, with teaching, fur babies, and your own.
    @scarpbookingtm Glad to have you hear. One of these days I am going to have to actually stop and visit UT. I’ve driven through a few times, and it is always beautiful there.
    @grandmajackie Awesome! I can’t wait to check out the videos. Hoping to do mine on Wednesday. I love those memes. Keep them coming.
    @longavitasana Welcome to a great challenge, glad you are here. I love that you have a pet duck. I had a couple when I was a little kid.
    @rigibann Welcome, I am sure you will love this race. I am sorry for your loss as well. My BF is wanting to get a yellow lab. Unfortunately, they are super expensive. So we will see. Your vacation sounds wonderful.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Well I had a good day exercise yesterday. Managed to do a 30 minute run(Slower than a snail) and 2 15 minute walks. Today I brought an orange to eat at work. I haven't had an orange in forever. I will be sending out friend invites throughout the day. Lets go get some more miles, and get those challenges done.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Rachelerik wrote: »
    Just realized I didn't fully complete the challenge.. my name is Rachel, and my fur baby died unexpectedly December 19th. We'll be looking for a new dog in June.

I am sorry for your loss Rachel! I know it must be heart breaking. :'(
  • azsundancer
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good Morning Team.. not sure how everyone is feeling ... but I am sore from yesterday's work out.

@GrandmaJackie I think I am going to tackle those videos today also.
    @jdelaroy Thank you for the clarification , I also saw MissionEnforcer's posted rules.

• starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Those destination pictures are amazing! I'm not much of a traveler but they almost make me want to go there. Looking forward to watching the videos and getting them done tomorrow!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @belle_60 No problem. I bet the videos will be fun to do.

@starjam25 Hawkins does an amazing job with this challenge. I can only guess how much time she puts into getting all of this together every week. It is one of the reasons I like this competition so much.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    @belle_60 No problem. I bet the videos will be fun to do.

@starjam25 Hawkins does an amazing job with this challenge. I can only guess how much time she puts into getting all of this together every week. It is one of the reasons I like this competition so much.

Thanks!!! Yes.. they were... I liked the 4th one the best!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I just finished the videos and #4 gets my vote hands down, :) I might have to do this a couple times this week, :)
  • azsundancer
    Options
    I just finished the videos and #4 gets my vote hands down, :) I might have to do this a couple times this week, :)

Yes.. absolutely! Just logged in my minutes/ miles on the sheet.. and your definitely ~ leading this party!!! :)

Kudos!!!
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Six! Sorry for posting so late in the week, but I was taking care of sick family members. Everyone is healthy again, and I have my house and workout space back to normal! Praise God! :smile:

My name is Vicki and this is my second Amazing Race Challenge. I met so many wonderful people the first time, and I know this race will be no different! I am looking forward to getting to know you all! :smiley:

I live in southern Ohio and am a stay at home mom to one awesome 9 year old daughter. I am blessed to be able to school her at home.

We are a gaming family and have many fandoms that we adore together, such as but not limited to; Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Overwatch, WoW, Marvel, Disney, and any Forza.

My favorite form of exercise is anything with body weight or that involves a pool. I love to swim, but I'm not very good at it. It's just easier on my joints. We have a membership to our local Y, so I am hoping to brave the open swim sessions this year with my daughter. I alos love P90X, PiYo, TurboJam, and Cize. Exercising at home is a lot easier for me than always going to the gym.

Here in southern Ohio, we get a lot of different kinds of weather. Sometimes all in the same day! LOL! We joke that all four seasons happen at the time here. This winter has certainly been no exception. I live just outside of a major city and really love how close everything is, but how we still get plenty of privacy from our neighbors in our community. Everyone keeps to themselves, and it gets pretty quiet here after 9pm. Almost like a ghosttown.

I look forward to getting to know all of you throughout this race and can't wait to get started with all the challenges!

~Vicki
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Vicki, I'm glad your back wit us, yesss!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »

Yes.. absolutely! Just logged in my minutes/ miles on the sheet.. and your definitely ~ leading this party!!! :)

Kudos!!!

Belle, it's the sun shine in Washington State, I'm looking forward to spring here, :)