TEAM FOUR

Replies

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Please add me as a friend if I missed you I hope I got everyone thanks
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Did the first Tai Chi video. Jeez that was a whole lot harder than it looked but my back is definitely thanking me right now! :D .

Had an orange for lunch today so one down. Got 20 minutes of exercise in today so far but will be training tonight so should get about 80 minutes in for today total.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    3 things about me

1) I am 44 yrs young, a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. I have been with my DH for 14 yrs and married 8yr. My kids are 26 (b), 23(g) and 18(b) I also have a step daughter and she is 18 as well. My Grand-darlings are 6 in June(g), 6 in Nov. (b) and Just turned 1 last month (g).

2) I started my journey here a little over 3 years ago. I had gained 60 pounds and needed to get rid of them. I heard about MFP and haven't looked back since. I am down to my last 10 or so pounds. It has been a LONG road for me because i basically took a year off and didn't lose anything just more or less maintained. NOW i am back in it to lose the last bit and finish getting myself fit and healthy for the rest of my life.

3) My DH and I LOVE to go out hiking. This last year we didn't get out as much as we like to, so this year we are aiming to get back to our normal active lives again. We have SO MANY trails and places to go that its a pity we have to hold off for the weather during the winter months. DH fell this winter on the ice and is recovering from broken ribs. BUMMER !! BUT he is well on his way to a full recovery and we plan to hit the trails as soon as the weather and his ribs permit.

As for the orange challenge.. I got one in today at work. Plan on having another tomorrow. and will probably have another on Friday when i start my new week. BTW i am a continental breakfast server/host at a local hotel. So i am fairly active for at least a few hours a day..LOL Well i think i have told you everything.. Glad to be here with you all and i hope to forge a great team spirit and friendship with you.
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Hi team 4
    1. My name is Tracy.
    2. The exercise I enjoy the most is an outdoor walk. But that has a limited season in my area.
    3. I live near Cleveland, OH
    4. Our area is cold right now, but currently no snow, yay!

I look forward to a great challenge together! Go Team 4.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Challenge #1
    1- Jarnine
    2- Favorite exercise - running (outside)
    3 - SouthWest, FL (between Naples and Ft Myers
    4 - Hot and Humid summers during which I have to make sure to do my running before sunrise (also due to the fact that we usually have our rainstorms in the afternoon and early evening) and warm and slightly less humid winters.
    5 - No fur babies.

Started on the oranges today :smile:
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Challenge 1
    1. Darci
    2. I guess right now my favorite is walking outside. I really like having the time to myself and listening to my music. I'm hoping to start swimming again soon at the rec center.
    3. I live in Lochbuie, Colorado. It's about 20 mins north of Denver.
    4. Right now the weather is cold in the mornings (around 20°) and nice in the afternoons (50°). We get some extra cold weather and snow every couple of weeks. I'm not fond of those weeks.
    5. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 307 Member
    1. Tara
    2. Favorite way to exercise is walking.
    3. Southern Ontario.
    4. I love that we get all four seasons. I couldn't imagine Christmas without any snow (although it does happen). Very close to Michigan shopping which is awesome, except our dollar sucks right now. Pretty mild right now being it's then end of January. It's actually kind of confusing, having close to 60° weather. I fence I put way our boots, a snow storm will hit.
    5. No fur babies.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    I did the morning video as a n evening cool down. I did get my workout in although it was late this evening. I've got a little prep work to do for tomorrow. I need to remember to buy oranges. I have gotten out of the habit of having them around as my granddaughter loves them but they do very bad things to her. It's just easier to not have them then to tell she can't have one. She is in school full time this year so I don't have her as often.

hey @MonicaA2013 I'm in Portland just about every Tuesday. Do you ever get into Portland?
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited January 2017
    Good morning everyone!!! Just waking up French time and I've just had my clementine for brekky. Thats 2/3 done for me! I've also just completed the first video for the challenge "MORNING WARM-UP & STRETCHING (5:11 MINUTES)". My arms were burning from keeping them up so long lol. This afternoon I will be going to the Gym for my 2 hour session. Its upper body day! Let's keep those workouts coming!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Hi again everyone just wanted to add that I am documenting my journey on Instagram. If anyone here is on it please feel free to follow me and I will follow you as well.

https://www.instagram.com/maricelas_journey_to_fit/
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @TaraDanielle40 There's now a weight loss tab on the spreadsheet, may help with extra motivation! If I remember correctly, I think there's like a separate "challenge" for weight loss embedded into this competition!

@tarpguys Maybe buy some oranges and keep them hidden somewhere :)

@mari_moulin I also have a fitness Instagram :) I'll follow you!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    I've also got a fitness and nutrition Instagram ashley_tiuwife

Can I just say how proud I am of all of you?! This is the greatest start to a challenge I've seen yet! I'm absolutely loving the communication!! There's only 5 unlogged spots on the spreadsheet yesterday. One is Tara which I know you're here and present so I'm not worried, two are teammates from last challenge who I'll reach out to and remind to hop into the discussion and two others @queen_s_01 and @shansgotgoals who have both accepted my friend request but I haven't seen check in yet, so I'll reach out to them as well!

We're pretty deep into 4th place as of this morning by about 200 points, let's get moving!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Good morning all. I checked the spreadsheet & it doesn't look good for us, but our challenge #1 points haven't been counted yet, whereas the other teams have been verified. The competitive side of me was worried.

Heading to the gym to run (maybe walk in the treadmill) this morning since it is raining out. Then I plan to come home do the rest of the videos, eat my little clementine & do yoga. Should be a good 60-80 minutes.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    tarpguys wrote: »
    hey @MonicaA2013 I'm in Portland just about every Tuesday. Do you ever get into Portland?

I dont get out that way much with my current job.(5 min from home) When i was working with hubby i would pass through almost daily though.(service buis) And everything else i do is east county. When we go hiking we usually head east of the mountains instead of west. The weather that way is usually nicer during hiking season. BUT that doesn't mean that we couldn't find a way to meet up somewhere sometime. Afternoons are usually better for me unless its on Wednesday or Thursday (my days off) then i am open to suggestions. Are you off I-5 or 205 ??
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi team! Sorry I am a little late to the party :)

1. NAME: Mary

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: With others and possibly music, but as long as I have someone to chat with my exercise feels more like social time! (Right @Scherzie??) ha. I am pretty into running, biking, and swim because I have to :)

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM: Originally I am from Stone Mountain, GA but currently I reside in SWFL (see below)

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: Fort Myers, FL (right near the gulf of mexico- snow birds- oranges... 2 hours from Disney World, Tampa, The FL Keys!)

5. FUR BABY: Her name is Noel- shes a mix of German Shepard and who knows what else- shes very smart and loves our 8 month old (especially when hes eating...) She just had knee surgery for the second time on her ACL so shes "recovering" as much as a 60 lb dog can..
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    The orange challenge is funny to me because ever since I was pregnant I have been obsessed with oranges! I thought once I had my son It would go away but I still can't get enough!! Thank goodness I live in FL...
  • AshleyMFitness16
    edited January 2017
    @tarpguys @MonicaA2013 So cool if you guys do a meet-up!!

@lpeltenburg good call with the verified points, I was worried too!