TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am having another OMG. I thought I was higher on that weight loss chart than I am. I better get kicking it up.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1- 5k frostbite footrace

I did this running outside because i wont have many opportunities to get out this week without getting soaked to the bone.

What better way to start off the new challenges week !! I also plan to do the other 2 options for this challenge because I CAN ;) May have to be on the elliptical but at least i will get the minutes and exercise from it.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    OK so here is my plan of attack ..

I have already done the active videos and challenge #1.

For challenge #2 ... I will be doing the beginner video. I might try to get into the other one but I am thinking it may be above my abilities. BUT why not give it a shot RIGHT ?!?! At least I will have the minutes and calorie burn for what I DO get done.

AND then for challenge #3... I will leave my sweets behind. Today is a bad day for that but at least it's out of the way and I have the rest of the week..LOL
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh lawwwwd we're in 5th. Gotta get those numbers on the board, Smashers!!
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I did the 2.5k outside today. We may have rain the rest of the week so I tackled it today during lunch.
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ugh, today was not my day Smashers :disappointed: I didn't meal prep over the weekend like I wanted to, so I skipped breakfast - bought a bunch of sweet delicious crap at a bake sale, ate some butternut squash soup, snacked on meatballs, and had a late 9:00pm dinner of... PASTA (and octopus). I was trying to do low carb. I think any diet where I really have to limit myself, I do okay for the first week or so and then all hell breaks loose and I eat everything in sight. And I didn't exercise today. Heck, I didn't even meet my step goal. I have a big midterm exam tomorrow morning and then another Friday, so I will be busy busy.

For lent I'm giving up all alcohol, so I'll do that for this weeks challenge. So far 1/5 days.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I went to the pick-n-save tonight. Everyplace I turned I saw more cheap sweet sugar. So I left it all behind. I did get almond coconut milk. I just didn't feel like making it. I did make it to the gym too
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE ONE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL!

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS!

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

***UPON COMPLETION OF ONE OF THE THREE RACES ABOVE YOU MUST POST WHICH RACE YOU CHOSE ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** IN A SEPARATE SENTENCE POST WHAT METHOD YOU USED (RUN / WALK / SKI/SWIM) AND WHY! (BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST CHALLENGE #1) THEN, AND ONLY THEN PLACE YOUR 10 POINTS IN THE CORRECT SPREADSHEET BOX AND MISSIONENFORCER WILL VERIFY.

EXAMPLE POST

CHALLENGE #1 - I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.

I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA, SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2, CHOOSE EITHER OPTION:

OPTION #1: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS:

TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT OR FAT BLASTING TOTAL BODY STRENGTH TRAINING.

OPTION #2: FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE VIDEOS!

BOTH OF THE ABOVE VIDEOS INCLUDE A WRITTEN FORMAT WHICH CAN BE PRINTED OUT AND TAKEN TO THE GYM WITH YOU. PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WARM-UP AND COOL DOWN AND SPEND AT LEAST 40 MINUTES EXERCISING! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THIS CHALLENGE VERIFIED BUT PLEASE ASK FOR MODIFICATIONS IF NECESSARY!

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

EXAMPLE POST:

CHALLENGE #3 - I left chocolate behind for 5 days.

Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost a pound!

I am leaving chocolate and soda behind!!
    1/5 DAYS DONE

MON - DAY 1 DONE
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

157 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 157 MINUTES
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum you might like Coco libre chocolate flavored protein coconut water instead of your chocolate milk. I make a smoothie out of it and it is sweetened with stevia.

No comments on staying under my calories for challenge 3? Will that work? I don't drink alcohol, I don't eat sugar, I don't eat processed bread unless it is fermented or sprouted. I guess I could give up grain? That really won't be much of a stretch...Calories is definitely the most challenging for me.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
  • MonicaA2013
    Options

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL!

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS! DONE

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

***UPON COMPLETION OF ONE OF THE THREE RACES ABOVE YOU MUST POST WHICH RACE YOU CHOSE ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** IN A SEPARATE SENTENCE POST WHAT METHOD YOU USED (RUN / WALK / SKI/SWIM) AND WHY! (BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST CHALLENGE #1) THEN, AND ONLY THEN PLACE YOUR 10 POINTS IN THE CORRECT SPREADSHEET BOX AND MISSIONENFORCER WILL VERIFY.

EXAMPLE POST

I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA, SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

BOTH OF THE ABOVE VIDEOS INCLUDE A WRITTEN FORMAT WHICH CAN BE PRINTED OUT AND TAKEN TO THE GYM WITH YOU. PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WARM-UP AND COOL DOWN AND SPEND AT LEAST 40 MINUTES EXERCISING! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THIS CHALLENGE VERIFIED BUT PLEASE ASK FOR MODIFICATIONS IF NECESSARY!

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

EXAMPLE POST:

0/5 DAYS DONE

MON - 0
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

64 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 64
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Coco libre chocolate flavored protein coconut water
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving size: 1 Box Serving Per Container: Ingredients: coconut water, water, cane sugar, coconut cream (coconut extract Coco libre, water), cocoa processed with alkali, natural flavors, carrageenan, gellan gum. I am really making this a challenge. You see the word cane sugar. I forget which person I follow was talking about this and he said how good a coconut water was till he read the label. Also I am looking at all forms of sugar. To me I really don't want to trade 1 form of sugar for another, I want to get rid of this attachment to sugar. It is tough but I am writing a book about this year and what happens Jillian was going to do a cookbook and just trade out all sugar for artificial sugar. This also includes Stevia. I have really cut back on bread items and upped my veggies. I really don't want to say bake goods are ok if you make them at home. I want to get them out of my life. This is the same as the mash cauliflower you would make at home but then when you go out to eat they don't have it made with cauliflower so you get the potatoes. I have upped my veggies and if there is a fruit of veggie as a side I am all over that. Had fresh fruit with my omelet at the IHOP the other day.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS done.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum I don't know if I could make the commitment to give up all sugar and sugar substitutes as well as bread. I admire you being able to do that.

I did the 40 minute fitness blender last night. Sore legs today-I think from the squats. Will try to get outside this evening if it's not raining.

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    No comments on staying under my calories for challenge 3? Will that work? I don't drink alcohol, I don't eat sugar, I don't eat processed bread unless it is fermented or sprouted. I guess I could give up grain? That really won't be much of a stretch...Calories is definitely the most challenging for me.

@MissionEnforcer ?
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    Coco libre chocolate flavored protein coconut water
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving size: 1 Box Serving Per Container: Ingredients: coconut water, water, cane sugar, coconut cream (coconut extract Coco libre, water), cocoa processed with alkali, natural flavors, carrageenan, gellan gum. I am really making this a challenge. You see the word cane sugar. I forget which person I follow was talking about this and he said how good a coconut water was till he read the label. Also I am looking at all forms of sugar. To me I really don't want to trade 1 form of sugar for another, I want to get rid of this attachment to sugar. It is tough but I am writing a book about this year and what happens Jillian was going to do a cookbook and just trade out all sugar for artificial sugar. This also includes Stevia. I have really cut back on bread items and upped my veggies. I really don't want to say bake goods are ok if you make them at home. I want to get them out of my life. This is the same as the mash cauliflower you would make at home but then when you go out to eat they don't have it made with cauliflower so you get the potatoes. I have upped my veggies and if there is a fruit of veggie as a side I am all over that. Had fresh fruit with my omelet at the IHOP the other day.

I have given up carbs (all grains, sugar, fruit, root veggies) since January 7th. I have had 3 meals that had food that was not "allowed" on the ketogains way of eating (one had pasta, one had dessert, and I had a spoonful of baked beans). It focuses on low carb, moderate protein, & fat depending on your macros/goals. The focus is whole foods, not frankenfoods. I feel so much better. I hope that I can mostly keep it up while I am away.
  • mari_moulin
    edited February 2017
    Options

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!

OR IN A POOL!

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS!

EXAMPLE POST

I AM DOING 3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

TOTAL 6.2 MILES / 10.49

MONDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)
    TUESDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

I CHOSE OPTION 2 - WORKOUT AT THE GYM USING WRITTEN FORMAT
    1 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

EXAMPLE POST:

I am leaving chocolate and soda behind!!
    2/5 DAYS DONE

MON - DAY 1 DONE
    TUE - DAY 2 DONE
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

157 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 157 MINUTES
    TUE - 157 + 17 MIN for VIDEOS = 174
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi Smashers. Unfortunately I didn't do anything yesterday but will be kicking my butt into gear the rest of the week. I will be giving up cheese this week. That is possibly my #1 weakness.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @plainanjelik cheese is a vice of mine too. I'm just not sure I could give it up for five days :P Good luck with that!

I had my last soda from the fridge yesterday because I needed caffeine...baaaadddd migraine, worst I've had in probably a few years. It's mostly gone today but not completely. I had hoped to get more minutes in last night but that obviously did not happen. Today is packing day so lots to do. I will get some active minutes throughout the day, at least.